More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 14:01:10

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful Than You! September: WTF?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful Than You! September: WTF?  (Read 127006 times)
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: More Awful Than You! September: WTF?
« Reply #100 on: 2007 September 15, 05:50:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how many times are we nominating the baby table?

...how many people need to mention the baby table's previous nomination?

in case you missed it, pre-edit, angel had posted the baby table pic yet again; when I pointed it out, angel changed it to the statue.

INFP or something
Baron
uknortherner
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #101 on: 2007 September 15, 14:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Venusy, I figured CN was fair game again because this wasn't specifically a clothing category, and I think it's the funky folding when sitting that really makes you go 'what the fuck'...well....that is after just seeing the dress in the first place.

If it's disqualified based on the February ruling, that's fine.

Actually, I thought it was the price tag attached to this abomination crime against taste "creation" that made one go "What the fuck???"

INTJ (44/12/38/67).
"We're building into all of our games the ability to pay for things along the way, and consumers are enjoying and embracing that way of the business." -EA CFO Blake Jorgensen
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #102 on: 2007 September 15, 22:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At first I thought that the erect penis/angel chair was a definite WTF.  Then I realized that in sitting position sims would be, uh, 'anally probed' by that 'chair'...and I'm almost sure I've had several sims who have definitely needed that...especially some of the 'fire bugs'...

The boob art did however make my head cock to the side in disbelief...

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #103 on: 2007 September 16, 23:34:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This won't win any prize, no doubt, but it seems to fit JM's definition of a WTF item
That actually looks pretty neat, and could be pretty decorative with the right recolor, in a bizarre, sci-fi way.

I agree. The spheres could be made to look like planets, for instance.

My biggest "wtf" is about people who price things absurdly low. I usually delete those immediately; I have to really love something to bother opening SimPE and changing the price. Why would anyone want a $10 double bed? Also, don't $0 floors and walls plummet the environment rating? I have fortune Sims to think of, and for people who want to cheat, there's always motherlode.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #104 on: 2007 September 16, 23:40:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My biggest "wtf" is about people who price things absurdly low. I usually delete those immediately; I have to really love something to bother opening SimPE and changing the price. Why would anyone want a $10 double bed? Also, don't $0 floors and walls plummet the environment rating? I have fortune Sims to think of, and for people who want to cheat, there's always motherlode.

Absurdly high prices are just as bad--a bread basket cloned from a vase that costs over $300 is a little steep.  Tongue

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #105 on: 2007 September 17, 01:04:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, so they're just Sims, and relatively attractive Sims at that, it's the pictures I wanted to draw attention to because they definately made me tip my head and frown.
I shudder each time I see them...
ReginaS is certainly not the only one to do it (paste a Sim face on a human head) but these were the first 3 I found and I really couldn't bear to keep looking.

WTF?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 2007 September 17, 02:42:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I see nothing. What was your point?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 2007 September 17, 03:10:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, so they're just Sims, and relatively attractive Sims at that, it's the pictures I wanted to draw attention to because they definately made me tip my head and frown.
I shudder each time I see them...
ReginaS is certainly not the only one to do it (paste a Sim face on a human head) but these were the first 3 I found and I really couldn't bear to keep looking?

SNIPZ

WTF?

WHOA, that last one...Kiera Knightly? This is a disturbing trend. And that is not my girl Bey.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 2007 September 17, 03:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the first two seemed pretty well-done to me. I mean, they don't look quite like real people - the proportions are a little off - but the skin tones match pretty well, and they generally look plausible, if a little off. now, the ones by Christi in this post http://www.insimenator.net/showpost.php?p=534375&postcount=2 are rather freakier.

INFP or something
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 2007 September 17, 04:52:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

removes link to a most horrific set of examples

Indeed

well, I won't be sleeping tonight.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: 2007 September 17, 05:14:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the first two seemed pretty well-done to me. I mean, they don't look quite like real people - the proportions are a little off - but the skin tones match pretty well, and they generally look plausible, if a little off. now, the ones by Christi in this post http://www.insimenator.net/showpost.php?p=534375&postcount=2 are rather freakier.

Why did I click on that link? The one called Christy is horrid! The face is slightly askew on top of the real face making her look like a bad case of The Stepford Wives.  *shudders*

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #111 on: 2007 September 17, 05:47:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait, what? I thought those were actual pictures of celebrities. I mean, yeah, they look a little plastic and fake, but...that's how celebrities are, right?

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #112 on: 2007 September 17, 10:08:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, that's how they are. But unfortunately the 'new' wave' is to juxtaposition sim faces over real faces.

Why? God only knows. They look stupid and I can't even imagine what they look like in game.

I would think there are a lot of bodiless heads floating around looking for completion. Lips sealed

Maybe it's for contests or something? If so, they lose. Tongue

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
spambi
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #113 on: 2007 September 18, 01:03:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morphing Sim faces onto pictures of celebrities is called "simmerizing" and people over at S2C have been doing it for a while. It's just a picture, people don't play sims that look like this.  I thought they had a post with simmerized pictures in their pictures forum but I can't find it now. There is a tutorial -- http://forums.sims2community.com/showthread.php?t=30334 -- on how to simmerize from December of last year though I'm sure I saw simmerized pictures way before that.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #114 on: 2007 September 18, 02:00:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

$0 tiles can actually be useful if you are trying to get rid of money via tile method, and you are running a pre-NL game without the familyfunds cheat. Basically, you place a bunch of expensive tiles, then cover them with $0 tiles, and then delete the whole thing. This way, you don't get any money back when you delete them.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #115 on: 2007 September 18, 02:37:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, the game already has a $0 floortile, no need to place more.

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: 2007 September 18, 08:04:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has? Which one is that then?

The §0 floortile doesn't show any puddles which makes the environment rating go down. If they are just freshly placed the score is ok. Just don't use them in places where there are likely to be puddles forming such as kitchens, bathrooms etc. Mind you I never use them-feels too cheaty for me. Mine are all §1 Cheesy

neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: 2007 September 18, 08:34:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All my floor tiles are at least $2. I've got plenty of $20 floors and walls. I bump the prices up for a lot of CC I download. Money is so easy to come by. Besides, I don't like the weird cheaty-ness of the bargain basement prices, and I get super tired of using the same old Maxis crap when I want expensive stuff.

It does rather tick me off that no one ever puts the prices or motive scores of items in download info. I still find that hard to get my head around; I'm used to modding communities in which everything important is spelled out and in which gameplay is of paramount importance.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: 2007 September 18, 11:55:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It does rather tick me off that no one ever puts the prices or motive scores of items in download info. I still find that hard to get my head around; I'm used to modding communities in which everything important is spelled out and in which gameplay is of paramount importance.
That's because most people don't KNOW the motive scores of the crap they're editing, or if they do, their understanding of such is grossly flawed and thus their results would be equally worthless. The vast majority of the modding community consists of the "look what I made!" smacktard with no sense of craftsmanship. They are without honor.

lindaetterlee
Knuckleheaded Knob

Proud Army Wife. Support us or get the fuck out.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #119 on: 2007 September 18, 15:26:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's because most people don't KNOW the motive scores of the crap they're editing, or if they do, their understanding of such is grossly flawed and thus their results would be equally worthless. The vast majority of the modding community consists of the "look what I made!" smacktard with no sense of craftsmanship. They are without honor.

*giggles* That is the first time I have heard the word smacktard. Though I'm guessing same meaning as one of my favorite words fucktard.

Proud Army Wife of a soldier deployed to IRAQ. Support us or get the fuck out.
I am 25.

Quote from: lindaetterlee
The same thing happened with my Pescado, before this he was a lady's man. Now he is some guy's bitch.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #120 on: 2007 September 18, 16:41:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

*giggles* That is the first time I have heard the word smacktard. Though I'm guessing same meaning as one of my favorite words fucktard.
Smacktard has appeared several times here on MATY in the past, and I think at one point there was even a discussion about the nature of the evolution of language and how it formed "smacktard". I personally find "smacktard" somewhat more evocative, though. I think I've instigated every usage of it here, though.

pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #121 on: 2007 September 18, 17:57:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It has? Which one is that then?

I've a few floors/walls unhidden from the catalogue in my game: the sidewalk concrete and the brown deck flooring are definitely 0§. (with "unhidden" i mean, out-commented "notincatalogue" in /scripts/floors.txt (don't recall the first bit of the path .. something like c/program files/ea/ts2/res/catalogue?))
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #122 on: 2007 September 18, 22:01:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When you say "their understanding of such is grossly flawed", does that mean the catalogue descriptions of EAxis things are wrong as well? I know one must go through a somewhat complex process to get comfort to work correctly, for instance -- are there other motives that are similar?

Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #123 on: 2007 September 19, 05:37:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right, that's how they are. But unfortunately the 'new' wave' is to juxtaposition sim faces over real faces.

Why? God only knows. They look stupid and I can't even imagine what they look like in game.

I would think there are a lot of bodiless heads floating around looking for completion. Lips sealed

Maybe it's for contests or something? If so, they lose. Tongue

Horrible!

They all have huge foreheads because these girls do not understand how human anatomy works, or what size features need to be.

This might help: http://www.sanford-artedventures.com/main.taf?p=1,23

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #124 on: 2007 September 19, 06:20:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how many times are we nominating the baby table?
...how many people need to mention the baby table's previous nomination?
...how many quotes in a row will chain this go?
...how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?
...how many come kuronue hasn't been informed that an object can be re-nominated if it hasn't won a prize?

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: