More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 23:15:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Planet K 20X6
| | |-+  More Awful Than You! September: WTF?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: More Awful Than You! September: WTF?  (Read 126995 times)
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
Re: More Awful Than You! September: WTF?
« Reply #75 on: 2007 September 12, 06:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wtf?
I found that baby dinette here at MTS2.
Here's what the creater said about it:
***EXTREMELY SILLY*** Baby Dinette Set
I don't know why. I don't know what I was thinking. I think I may have been drunk - it's all a blur. Baby meshes are from Maxis.
Find in buy mode,surfaces,all and buy mode,seating,all. EP Ready.
In other words, it's supposed to be WTF.

As for the eyeball tree, I would love it if it were an end table. It would go well with the resurrect-o-thingy (Lilith Pleasant-Broke is in the paranormal carrear). The Duck potty "for your pretty toddler" reminds me of that peggysims whore clothing submisson "happy childrens day". Tongue rings... well, thing is, it's quite useless in the game as they don't open their mouths THAT much. I aggre about pes' idea of the PMBD prop vs. the TSR bilboard. I'm still laughing about the eyeball tree nanny idea... and rohina's comment
Is that weirdass angel just a chair, or is she getting something from sitting on it?
I think SimSlice's Huge Psycho Head Doorman is more likely to scare those damm towines OFF my lots than GREET them (sorry Emma, but Goops IS a townie). The sim in that pic does look scared out of his wits.

I'd like to nominate these beauties. If one FeeEssen on MTS2 wasn't bad enought, this rebecah person derserves a cactus shoved up the wahzoo. Just look at some of her creations crimes aganist humanity! Esp. the rideables!
Hey, those are great. All we need is to give them invisible recolors and make them usable by cats.

INVISIBLE BIKE CRASH!

I am laughing way too hard at this.
Wow, I didn't know MY submissions would be so talked about  disscussed talked about.
About the wheelie - my advice is, if it's only an object with no hacky things, and if you won't see this in RL and/or fantasy/sci-fi movies, don't bother!
I can have a field day with FeeEssen's crap.
Yes Invisigoth, just about everyone aggress, esp Emma. And me. And someone who I can't remeber, who said this:
Nominating feeEssen is like shooting fish in a barrel
Well, look at how Carla Nixen or something Niven was disqualified.
7. Carla Niven is disqualified. We already know he'd win.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #76 on: 2007 September 13, 04:43:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Homeless man: Perfect for those of us who want to use the full capabilities of OFB: Organ Harvesting.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #77 on: 2007 September 13, 05:10:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Their left feet are invisible?!?

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
FlareStorm
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #78 on: 2007 September 13, 05:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sure! Otherwise it might be actually useful for some weird ass screenshot or something.
sadiebutterfly
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #79 on: 2007 September 13, 21:51:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couch Car

Um, yeah.
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #80 on: 2007 September 13, 23:42:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Couch Car

Um, yeah.
Those exist in real life, I've seen one at some motorshow somewhere (possibly Silverstone). Only the one I saw had leopard print covering and a coffee table.

FAKE EDIT: Top Gear confirms that it exists.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
madamejeanie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #81 on: 2007 September 14, 03:03:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Considering how difficult it is to work with animations for the sims, I'd say she did a decent job. Most custom animations look like crap, but I see that as just one of the limits of modding for the sims. I like it when creators attempt it at all.
That's true, but be honest.  Don't those children look more like they are squirming because they have to pee really bad?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #82 on: 2007 September 14, 03:19:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of the things in this thread fail bigtime at meeting the stated criteria -- especially rebecah's stuff, which is largely perfectly normal, whether you approve of her level of expertise with animation or not. (I think some of it looks worth downloading to decide whether I like it and some of it doesn't.) There's nothing WTF about children's rideable toys which mostly resemble real-world children's rideable toys. (Oh, and the "wheelie" looks EXACTLY like the picture posted by the person who requested it -- the request thread is linked right at the top of the post, it's from a video game.)

Many of the items posted thus far are also intended to be weird, and therefore serve a purpose for people who want weird neighborhoods or weird families. Some of it I've downloaded or bookmarked, because I am interested in sci-fi landscapes (eyeball tree), urban dystopia (homeless guy -- actually, I have a large collection of grungy/trashed/industrial district/high-tech but seedy/etc. content just for one project I'm toying with), goofy Knowledge Sims (couch car -- totally looks homebuilt by a crackpot inventor), and so on.

Not that I can think of a good WTF to share, mind you. Maybe if I browse around some; I know I've seen things before (besides FeeEssen, who doesn't count) that just made me say "WHY?".

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
neriana
Souped!

Donatello

View Profile
« Reply #83 on: 2007 September 14, 04:05:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the severed boob decoration is a pretty big WTF Tongue.

I've experiments to run, there is research to be done on the people who are still alive.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #84 on: 2007 September 14, 04:22:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen classic car boots turned into interesting couches before. Those with "fins" work best.

It's the kind of furniture I enjoy looking at when I see it in other people's homes or businesses (probably few people actually have these in their homes), but don't have a desire to own and try to decorate around in my own place.

Currently on PMBD, several posters are freaked out about a pixel pirate doll toy that can "shoot" pixel smoke puffs from pixel pistols at pixel toddlers. Would that be a WTF? If so, is it the concept or the execution? Or is it because it is a pay item from TSR?

Maybe we need to better define WTFs. For me, it is a WTF that people on the BBS are clamouring for washers and dryers. If the pixel clothes don't ever get dirty, why do they need laundering? Wow, if we are lucky, Sims 3 will have a decay state coded into clothing so we'll have to do laundry in addition to every damn thing else. LOL

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #85 on: 2007 September 14, 04:32:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I think it's pretty well-defined. You see it, and you go WAAAH? Just like Moe from The Simpsons. It's a special feeling inside. Confusion, plus get it away from me.

Eyeball sculpture FTW.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #86 on: 2007 September 14, 05:46:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eyeball sculpture FTW.

I could actually see a use for the eyeball sculpture, though.  There's a D & D legacy that is really good, and the author makes his own CC (it looks a lot better than that), but he had a Beholder sculpture that he used as a prop for one of his stories.  Photoshopped in correctly, it looked great.  The eyeball sculpture looks a bit like those aliens from *Life of Brian.*

I mentioned the TSR billboard because it seems like getting "KICK ME" tattooed across your ass, but I suppose there could be a use for that, too.

PB

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #87 on: 2007 September 14, 07:13:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of these items fail as WTFs, yes. Either because they're deliberately intended as quirky or weird, or desire to emulate, even nonfunctionally, a real item. A true WTF is like that sawed-off terlet. THAT was clearly made, not as a desire to emulate any real item, but simply because some dood want to show off his utterly useless milkshake "creation" by sawing the bottom half off a Maxis terlet. It's not a technically excellent accomplishment, nor does it have any particular decorative value, because it's simply a Maxis item cut in half!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Liveangel
Querulous Quidnunc

Meh.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #88 on: 2007 September 14, 07:59:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Most of these items fail as WTFs, yes. Either because they're deliberately intended as quirky or weird, or desire to emulate, even nonfunctionally, a real item. A true WTF is like that sawed-off terlet. THAT was clearly made, not as a desire to emulate any real item, but simply because some dood want to show off his utterly useless milkshake "creation" by sawing the bottom half off a Maxis terlet. It's not a technically excellent accomplishment, nor does it have any particular decorative value, because it's simply a Maxis item cut in half!
Indeed, but Gwill said..
Let's have a slightly open competition this month.  The theme is What the FUCK!
Please nominate ... any ... object that just makes you go WTF?.  We want to see stuff... that makes you tip your head sideways and frown.

"Jesus is not Santa Claus for adults! Jesus is for everyone!"Edward Current
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #89 on: 2007 September 14, 09:22:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, and thus the winners will be the things which are the most WTF of them all.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #90 on: 2007 September 14, 16:04:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Given that explanation, while the eyeball sculpture did make me go "wtf?", I think this toilet from Sunair probably fits the bill:

One word: OW!

In the clothing category, I think I have to nominate infamous Meat Slab dress from Carla Niven. (I actually made the sacrifice and put this in my game and subjected a sim to its horrors. Here is the sad truth of the dress, as previously shown at PMBD:

The first thing I noticed was a less than neat neckline, so I zoomed in:
...which led me to look at the train:

Messy, to be sure.

Then Charlie took a walk around her house.

She first sat to wait for the date who never came (he heard she bought this dress and moved to another neighborhood):

Dejected, she wandered upstairs...

...and into the bathroom. Here's Charlie, flushing the toilet located near the door:

Finally, she had a lie down:

Soon after, she burned the dress, changed the entire house to a nice calm beige, and has been wandering around listlessly, not eating, not doing anything....she may never get laid again....

Nice, huh? The dress is...well...horrid. I uploaded it to the booty, though, because someone mentioned it might make a great horror story...that toilet picture looks a lot like blood seeping from under the door.[/quote]

Charlie is now a permanent resident at the Betty Ford Clinic, after attempting several overdoses of the love potion. She has been seen running through the halls naked, screaming "EYE BLEACH! I NEED EYE BLEACH!" Her doctors are considering throwing her in a pool with no ladder, just to put her out of their misery.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Venusy
Dead Member

Despite the name, I am male.Do not call me "miss".

View Profile
« Reply #91 on: 2007 September 14, 18:43:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In the clothing category, I think I have to nominate infamous Meat Slab dress from Carla Niven. (I actually made the sacrifice and put this in my game and subjected a sim to its horrors. Here is the sad truth of the dress, as previously shown at PMBD:
7. Carla Niven is disqualified. We already know he'd win. Besides, Freewebs is not a real site.

"They say only the good die young. If that works both ways, I'm immortal."

ISTP - Independent, concise in speech, master of tools.
Assmitten
Whiny Wussy

Poop poop

View Profile
« Reply #92 on: 2007 September 14, 18:49:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Aw, Hec, I don't care if it's off limits. I hadn't seen it, and it gave me a good laugh, so thanks. Carla is permanently Honorable Mention status.

<notovny> Aww, yeah, WOODBEAST.
<kutto> Keep it in your pants, notovny.
angelyne
Obtuse Oaf

View Profile
« Reply #93 on: 2007 September 14, 23:16:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This won't win any prize, no doubt, but it seems to fit JM's definition of a WTF item

Cue in reporter : Can you tells us why you created the gravity statue
"Because I could"

edit <smacks head> I used the wrong url
« Last Edit: 2007 September 15, 01:31:20 by angelyne » Logged
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #94 on: 2007 September 15, 00:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how many times are we nominating the baby table?

INFP or something
Hecubus
Nitwitted Nuisance

That's Numberwang!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #95 on: 2007 September 15, 01:31:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Venusy, I figured CN was fair game again because this wasn't specifically a clothing category, and I think it's the funky folding when sitting that really makes you go 'what the fuck'...well....that is after just seeing the dress in the first place.

If it's disqualified based on the February ruling, that's fine.

Cheezserver Fund: 27-Sep: $2518 We made out goal - WOOT!

I think one of the things that keeps a person sane is healthy skepticism about what you believe. Every now and then enjoy a conversation with an inner voice that says, "You're full of shit again." —Stewart Brand
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #96 on: 2007 September 15, 02:06:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how many people need to mention the baby table's previous nomination?

kutto
Senator

Hamsome

View Profile
« Reply #97 on: 2007 September 15, 02:44:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how many quotes in a row will chain this go?
Aggie
Smackable Punbot
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #98 on: 2007 September 15, 03:09:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...how many quotes in a row will chain this go?
...how much wood could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood?

Quote from: Esoteric PolarBear
"I don't believe in the edit button; it goes against the very core of my being."
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #99 on: 2007 September 15, 05:26:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This won't win any prize, no doubt, but it seems to fit JM's definition of a WTF item
That actually looks pretty neat, and could be pretty decorative with the right recolor, in a bizarre, sci-fi way.

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 9 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: