More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 13:23:39

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Deleting Maxis Items.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Deleting Maxis Items.  (Read 9357 times)
leiela
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Deleting Maxis Items.
« on: 2007 September 03, 14:18:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok humour me.

Is there any way to delete all the horrid maxis items etc from the game?? when you go to the buy catalog you can delete "CC" ... but it doesn't really delete it.. it just sort of hides it in your game and this is the sort of thing im looking to do for certain maxis items.

I realise the meshes used for these items are the basis for alot of CC so i realise it might not be possible but i really don't want all the horrid junk showing up everytime i want to buy my sim something.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: Deleting Maxis Items.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 03, 14:37:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There are various mods over at MTS2 for hiding some of the more obnoxious EAxis clothing, accessories etc., but I've never seen anything for furniture, which often, though obnoxious in itself, looks fine with an imaginative recolour.  There are also some replacement defaults, such as Hysterical Paroxysm's AMBodyDisco_DefaultReplacementPack which removes the silly scarf.

But, as far as I know, deleting EAxis stuff is a no-no!

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 03, 14:57:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Deleting? Don't even think about it. At best you'll corrupt your install, at worst you'll also lose your neighbourhoods.

Hiding? Hard to do. Other than clothing hiders, object hiders can cause problems.

Just overlook them if you don't want them.

Oh, and deleting CC certainly does DELETE. It physically removes the files from disk, not "hide" it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 03, 15:12:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, and deleting CC certainly does DELETE. It physically removes the files from disk, not "hide" it.

And, unlike removing the files yourself, I believe it will remove the thumbnails for the objects from the thumbnails.package. 

Zephyr Zodiac
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 04, 01:51:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

you could uninstall the game  Roll Eyes

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 04, 03:52:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you don't want to see another Maxian item... I'd suggest swapping the game with Black & White. Plus, if the people are idjits, you get to hurl them into the sea or sacrifice them.

...speaking of.. -roots around for the old Black & White (original) CD-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 04, 18:30:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's a bit like going into a store and saying you don't like the style of clothes they have on sale on some of the racks.  You just don't buy those, and your playables never wear them.  My playables wear mostly CC stuff, although I do like some of the EAxian stuff (although why do all their male adult jeans have the same damn pointy cowboy boots?  Why not one pair with cross trainers?)

If you object to townies wearing horrid EAxis stuff, make them selectable, change their clothing, make them unselectable again and send them on their way.  Or live with it - part of Goopy Gilscarbo's charm (if charm is the word I'm looking for) is that he's such a stylish dresser, after all.

Do any townies get hats as part of the default makeup?  Never seen a townie in the viking helmet, for example.  Do any hats happen autonomously?

Tribulatio proxima est
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 04, 18:45:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Nope. Townies never get hats, makeup, glasses, etc..

Only the downtownie templates have these, but they always look exactly the same.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 04, 21:10:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you object to townies wearing horrid EAxis stuff, make them selectable, change their clothing, make them unselectable again and send them on their way.  Or live with it - part of Goopy Gilscarbo's charm (if charm is the word I'm looking for) is that he's such a stylish dresser, after all.
Or make your own townies with...what is it? Inge's bush? I use the in-game boolProp spawned tree for my townie creating and changing needs. Just made 6 random teen males last night as I realized there was a lack of townie boys for my Ghetto Superstar teens to exploit.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 04, 21:53:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen NPCs spawned with the townie tree get hats and makeup, but it was just the female flat cap, nothing horrid.
I did however make the mistake of having a colour binned custom version of the knight's helmet in my downloads when I generated NPCs once, and it was not correctly binned as a hat, leaving me with a chef and a driver wearing a knight's helmet.

I've thrown together what is, to me at least, the perfect blend of hiders and maxified colthing, thus avoiding the worst townie horrors.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 04, 22:47:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It *is* possible to hide Maxis objects.  I've hidden a few dozen of the worst ones in my game.  But you only want to do it if you always build your own houses and never use any that came with the game or that you've downloaded, because unless you remove the hider files first, any house that has a "hidden" object in it will crash the game when you try to load it.  :/  (This is, however, useful if you build a lot of houses from scratch.)

Jordi has a bunch of CAS clothing and accessory hiders at MTS2, Phaenoh has been posting some really nice default replacement clothing there recently, I've got a file here on MATY somewhere that hides a bunch of what what I consider the fugliest Maxis walls (still planning to do the floors one of these days,) somebody else has got a default bedding replacement file here (you'll have to do some searching to find those,) let's see...I've been told it's pretty simple to make default replacements for Maxis item textures, but haven't really looked into trying that yet.

Anybody know of any others?

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 04, 23:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you object to townies wearing horrid EAxis stuff, make them selectable, change their clothing, make them unselectable again and send them on their way. 

Many Townies have only one outfit in their wardrobes. I had to cheat egregiously when my sole vamp wanted to outfit his new harem in something more vampire-esque than, say, a pink jogging outfit.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 05, 00:15:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windkeeper has some default stuff, mostly clothing, at TSR and possibly MTS2 also. There is also default eyeshadow and lipstick at MTS2 that looks a lot nicer than the Maxis makeup, in my opinion. I wouldn't mind finding more default replacements for some of the objects myself. Tongue
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 05, 00:50:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

phaenoh has been doing quite a bit of default clothing items too. they look pretty darn good.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 05, 01:40:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Many Townies have only one outfit in their wardrobes. I had to cheat egregiously when my sole vamp wanted to outfit his new harem in something more vampire-esque than, say, a pink jogging outfit.

Now I, on the other hand, would get quite a kick out of a harem of vampires wearing pink jogging suits.  Very "Buffy the Vampire Slayer" (original movie, not the TV series).

I have all "home-made" townies in my game (except for the accidental creation of some SS members during a hack test), and so some of mine do get hats, glasses, etc. 

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 September 05, 17:20:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's some hacky buyable clothing rack I have that allows you to summon any character and change their outfit. Downside is that you have to buy it. I think mine is Squinge, but I'm at work being stressed instead of at home playing. The clothing rack + the outfit, that is. A more fun method is to open a combination clothier and hairdresser. Suggest outfit, suggest makeover chair. Your sim gets money and you have one less ugly townie. Or one more, I used to give Goopy nasty makeup and a mohawk back when I played with the Maxis townies.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 September 05, 17:35:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Only one I know of is by Christianlov (hacked clothes rack), though Squinge may have made one too.  And I think one of the hacks in dizzy's remix (found in Peasantry) adds that functionality to any mirror.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: