More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 18, 23:32:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Burninator Mod Request
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Burninator Mod Request  (Read 5772 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Burninator Mod Request
« on: 2005 July 22, 05:58:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Seeing as I have only recently joined and also only recently noticed those funny avatars... I was wondering if you (Pescado) were intending to produce a burninator hack or add burninating functionality to Macrostatics?

It would be pretty neat if, say it would be based upon a sim's dysfunctional personality. Such hateful, evil, possibly crime/fire loving sims, who possibly have a lifetime of foul experiences (as denoted by several bad memories) and possibly having at least one or more enemies, and a foul temper as denoted by being more grouchy, (and whatever other possible criteria you come up with) would have the ability to start fires!!! Now that would be really neat! I mean... if we can have "buyable fire" then why not have a burninate option?

It would also be neat if this option had a tiny level of autonomity, for upping the challenge and adding both realism and unexpected surprises to the game. :p At least as far as dealing with pyromaniacs.  Grin  I mean, if grumpy teenagers can pass by your house and kick garbage cans or, when invited into your house, start banging the refridgerator door, wouldn't be interesting if they could also randomly start fires? Ok... maybe that's a bad idea... but I still think it would be neat to be able to start fires on purpose. This would serve well both for storywise purposes AND practical reasons, such as burninating improperly lobotomized nannies, eliminating certain annoying neighbors and/or townies/dormies and potentially invisible stuck objects on your lot!  Cheesy

Well... sorry if this has already been brought up, or if you already mentioned that you've been working on this. I've been out of the loop. I just finished reading your HUZZAH thread and found it thoroughly amusing.  Wink

Oh yeah, I thought of another reason: gay boys/teens can start fires just so they can meet the hunky firefighters of their dreams. Grin

Ste

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Burninator Mod Request
« Reply #1 on: 2005 July 22, 06:02:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your request will be taken under consideration....and then promptly ignored.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2005 July 22, 06:26:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Your request will be taken under consideration.

Yippee!!! *jumps for joy and dances all around and stuff*!!!

Wait... what's this? *puts on glasses and gets a magnifying lens*

...and then promptly ignored.

...hey?!? Gettin my hopes all up and stuff. :p

What's wrong with a burninate option? That would like totally be cool! And I still think you should add kickable headstones to Kick Stuff option! And I'm still waitin for my kickble Teh Cheat! Did you tick off Queen that badly too? Grin

Oh well. I'll just have to pretend then. At least there's still "buyable fire" right? That will have to suffice.  Undecided

Ste

*sulks disappointedly*

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 July 22, 06:31:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

And I'm still waitin for my kickble Teh Cheat! Did you tick off Queen that badly too? Grin
Queen never liked me anyway, and Rentech was the one who was originally doing that. Naturally, that has more or less entirely imploded, with Rentech preferring to lob wild, bogus accusations about hacking instead.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ten Tigers
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 July 22, 07:52:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got no problem with the folks at VS, and personally wish that the leaders of the sim modding community could just get along.  However I am glad to see your work here, and in a venue you can control as you see fit.

Having reinstalled your hacks and even your Director's Cut, started a new neighborhood, and begun experimenting again after a rather long break from TS2, I find that things are running more smoothly than ever.

But this suggestion of a Burninator macro...  I find myself excited by the prospect.  I do hope it gets off the drawing board because every story needs an antagonist, and my own sims are already showing signs of fear of having their lips ripped off.

LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2005 July 22, 15:25:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If by "Burninate" you mean setting things ablaze in a semi-criminal manner, than somewhere on VariousSimmers there's an object that lets Sims to do the "Burn Look" found on early videos of the game.  I have not personally tried it, but it sounds absolutely wonderful.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 July 22, 18:43:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, you don't have to censor their name. We all know they exist, and I have no beef with MOST of the people there. Of those that I do, I don't feel they warrant the honor of being The Unmentionable One.

reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 July 22, 19:02:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's freaking priceless.
LK
Terrible Twerp

Humanity can suck my hard drive

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 July 22, 22:24:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh, you don't have to censor their name. We all know they exist, and I have no beef with MOST of the people there. Of those that I do, I don't feel they warrant the honor of being The Unmentionable One.

Ah!  Thanks for clearing that up!  So instead of VariousSimmers, it's VariousSimmers, and instead of Rentechd, it's Rentechd.  Gotcha.

http://www.thesporum.net
The First, The Original, The Best
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 July 23, 03:00:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, you still don't have it quite right. We're not exactly making Rentech a secret either. Tongue

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2005 July 23, 21:23:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If by "Burninate" you mean setting things ablaze in a semi-criminal manner, than somewhere on VariousSimmers there's an object that lets Sims to do the "Burn Look" found on early videos of the game.  I have not personally tried it, but it sounds absolutely wonderful.

Yeah, I think I've seen that. It might be under Carrigon's stuff or something. Maybe I'll check that out, but I was thinking less sci-fi, more troubled teenage angst. You know? So like say that goth Pleasant chick could accidentally start a fire that burns the house down, or at least part of it. The part where her perky, annoying twin sister gets accidentally trapped in. *(not so) innocent whistle*

This is easily accomplished by just using buyable fire, of course. But it would be neat if, say a sim could actually "Start Fire(s)" via a mod, and get a memory of "Started a Fire" and "Burned House Down" or something to that effect. These of course would be positive memories if the sim was very mean and maladjusted.

Anyways, just something from my own sick, demented imagination. And maybe something totally unrelated, it would be neat to see a cigarette smoking hack. You could say buy them at a store or what not. If your sim started young, say teenish, they could become addicted to it. If they didn't smoke at least once a week, at first, one of their needs takes an extreme hit, say fun or something. While a sim is smoking, their hunger meter and fun go up, but maybe their energy goes down, as energy sort of indicates "health" in a way. And maybe a sim can randomly die of lung cancer. Other sims can also randomly die, with a very slight chance though, of 2nd hand smoke.With that in mind, other sims near a smoker would also take a hit to their energy (due to 2nd hand smoke).

Also:
Sims could also get the option of smoking after WooHoo.
Sims could socialize while smoking: they could bum smokes from each other, or light each others cigarettes.
And if a sim is really addicted, they would need to smoke once a day, or maybe even to the extreme, 2 or 3 times a day.

Wouldn't that be neat and totally realistic?  Grin

I'm actually not a smoker myself. But my best friend, my dad, and the hubby are.  Roll Eyes
I doubt this would be possible, but hey, if the dueling lightsabers was possible, why not? You probably wouldn't have to make any new animations, just add a new mesh of a cigarette sticking of of a sims hand when they are smoking. New meshes would be required though for the actual box of ciggies, which could be sold at magazine stands.

Oh well. Just another sick, demented little thought of mine.  Tongue

Ste

Meska
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2006 June 18, 22:15:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

wheee look at me resurrecting a thread that's nearly a year old. But see I was thinking about a smoking mod/hack last night and thought "hey why don't I search for a thread to see if its been discussed, before I just willynilly go posting one of my own". Yeh anywho... since it was nearly a year ago and JM already said the request would be ignored I don't have much hope of actually seeing this. Ah well. I still think it would be cool if something like this could be made and incorporate some kind of something that shortens the smoking sims lifespan... or if they spend too much time smoking they get 'sick' and use the hacking cough animations. *laughs* that would amuse me. In all reality I have trouble killing off sims by fire or drowning or whatnot so was thinking of more natural ways to get rid of the old boring top of their career all maxed skills stick them out in the back yard to mediate the rest of their life away sims quicker.

"Ten percent of nothin' is, let me do the math here...nothin' and a nothin', carry the nothin'..."
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2006 June 18, 22:32:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Necromancy is bad, m'kay?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: