More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 11:20:29

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Big problem after converting Lot Type
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Big problem after converting Lot Type  (Read 3610 times)
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Big problem after converting Lot Type
« on: 2007 September 02, 11:20:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi everyone.

Ok, so here it is, after a while out of the game I decided to start playing again, I started playing with a a house of to friends who just finished college (uni) and decided that they would open up a fashion store. After buying a community lot and successfully running the business, I decided I wanted them to be able to convert the business lot and live their too.

So, i decided the best way to do this was to sell the community lot,  then enter the lot in build mode, make my modifications to the building (adding two extra stoies for them to live in) without touching the actual store under them, and then use the cheat to convert the lot type to a residential lot (changeLotZoning residential).
     All this seemed to go fine and once back into the neighbourhood screen the Lot correctly showed up as being residential so I decided to move the household over from their old house.

This is when I walked into a brick wall, once I moved them to the lot, as expected the game automatically loaded the lot, but once loaded it just showed the lot as if I was in construction mode for a lot with no residents. No sims where present on the lot and LIVE mode was greyed out, only allowing me access to build and buy modes. I then exited the lot and looked at from the neighbourhood screen and that lot is properly displaying that them two sims do live their. But when I go into the lot the same thing happens. I have tried moving them out and then back in again with no luck. I have noticed that there is not a mailbox or trash can on the lot (as it used to be a community lot) and wondered if this was the reason for the problems.

Could anyone help me out with this problem.

ps. I have all 5 expansion packs, but none of the booster packs.

Thanks to anyone who helps.
pbox
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
Re: Big problem after converting Lot Type
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 02, 14:15:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: MistMeUK
I have noticed that there is not a mailbox or trash can on the lot (as it used to be a community lot) and wondered if this was the reason for the problems

Resi lots won't work without mailbox and trashcan.

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=131127
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 02, 15:38:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, thanks for the response, I couldn't get them collections to work correctly,  everything within them was greyed out and I couldn't place any of them.

Doesn't matter, I suppose I will just rebuild the lot as a residential from scratch.

Thanks.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 02, 16:34:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As of Pets, that kind of collection only works in build mode.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
MistMeUK
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 02, 17:05:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I have deleted the Lot now, but the mail box and trash can from the collection where greyed out in all modes weather there was a family associated with the lot or not.

never mind.

I've managed to rebuild the lot identically anyway.

thanks for your responses.
notovny
Garrulous Gimp

Report to the Budgerigar Commisar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 02, 21:32:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep. They'll be greyed out in both Buy and Build Mode, but regardless of the Greying, they'll be placeable in Build Mode.

Google Sidewiki: Allowing invisible webpage vandalism since 2009.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: