More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 20:20:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Holiday Stuff Pack issues
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Holiday Stuff Pack issues  (Read 3077 times)
anyerfillag
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Holiday Stuff Pack issues
« on: 2007 September 01, 13:44:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hey,

I'll be honest and say that I got it via a torrent *facepalm* as I was bored and wanted to see what it was like. I downloaded it, installed and played with it for a while and decided it wasn't for me. But when I went to uninstall it, I could find it on my c:/ drive or in the add/remove list.

I did a search here and came up with this post: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,6607.0.html which seems to say basically you have to uninstall everything and then reinstall it all back in. Is this true? I want to make sure before I go and do anything else stupid Cheesy

Go ahead and bash me however you want, I kinda deserve it Lips sealed
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Holiday Stuff Pack issues
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 01, 14:22:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The holiday stuff is patched directly into the base game, so you can't remove it.
If you're content with just hiding the clothes, use my holiday hider (check signature for download locations).

You could try to do a manual uninstall:
-Grab TSData\Res\Objects\objects.package out of compressed.zip from your TS2 disk(s), and replace the one in your current install.
-Remove TSData\Res\Catalog\Bins\H05.bundle.package and, if you have the 2006 HP, also H06.bundle.package.

This *should* do it. Apply the base game patch from the website afterwards to get your objects.package back up to date.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 01, 14:28:01 by Jordi » Logged
anyerfillag
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 01, 15:12:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Right I'll have a go at doing those suggestions; the patch that you mention, would that be your site or the Exchange? If this doesn't work, would a simple uninstall and reinstall of all my games do it as well? I have my neighbourhoods, downloads etc saved externally so it shouldn't be too much of an issue.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 01, 16:07:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mean the official patch from www.thesims2.com/ -- check under support.

An uninstall should also work, but keep in mind this would mean reinstalling *everything*. I think you can't get rid of the base game without also removing all expansions.
anyerfillag
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 01, 16:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't mind doing a full reinstall, not got much else to do this afternoon Cheesy

Thanks for the help!

Double posting I know, but just to let you know that the advice you gave worked Cheesy Thank you sooo much!

MOD EDIT: Don't double post.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 02, 20:13:21 by Venusy » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: