More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 05:13:31

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  PlantSim Eyes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: PlantSim Eyes  (Read 8461 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
PlantSim Eyes
« on: 2007 September 02, 23:31:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A long time ago, back when it was just base game I think, I downloaded some eyes by Heleane converted to default by Gunmod. Now whenever I create Sims or the game creates townies, the new default eyes are always used. They just look so much better.

That is until I got my first plant Sim. I was appalled that the Sim's eyes had turned back into Maxis default instead of the default override that the Sim was born with. A spawned plant baby also had the ugly eyes.

I also noticed that the werewolf eyes, while not as bad as some others, were also 'flat' looking. I downloaded replacement vampire and servo eyes, and they work fine, but haven't seen anything about werewolf eyes. I haven't done a serious search on werewolf eyes yet though.

So what exactly needs to be done for the plant Sims to use the default override instead of the Maxis default? I've done quite a bit of searching on several sites and couldn't find that anyone had even addressed this issue.

Do I need to somehow replace Ideal Plant Sim so that he has the new eyes? Sometimes when I download Sims, I have to go into CAS and click on the eye color again for it to change from Maxis default to the default override. But I wouldn't know how to do this to the Ideal Plant Sim, if indeed this is where the eyes are coming from.

I once had a multi-pollination mod that chose from 8 alien fathers instead of 1. The spawn had no problems because the child would either inherit the alien eyes or the mother's default replacement eyes. But the modder had also included JM Pescado as one of the possible fathers. When an abducted mother gave birth to his child, the Maxis default eyes were given to the child instead of the default overrides. Reading that I would have to do a lot of work to replace the Pescado that she made with another 'alien' of my choice would be a big hassle (even if it was just fixing the eyes), I just reverted to the other alien mod that chooses from 4 aliens with alien eyes. This is what makes me wonder if Ideal Plant Sim is the root of the problem.

I've looked for downloads of plant sim eyes, yet have found none. I don't know if the eyes are connected to the skins, or to the Ideal Plant Sim guy or what.

So does anyone know about eyes and what I should do?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
Re: PlantSim Eyes
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 03, 00:10:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue, really, but did you have the replacement eyes in your game before you installed Seasons?  If not, I think Ideal Plant Sim and all the other Seasons characters would have generated with Maxis default eyes, whereas if the replacement eyes are already there, then they ought to have overridden the defaults - but I could easily be wrong.

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 03, 01:00:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I might be confused here, but if you are using default replacement eyes it doesn't matter when the sim was generated. For example, I put a new set of default brown eyes in to my game and the next time I played a sim who was born (or CAS made) with Maxis brown eyes her eyes were changed to the default replacements I put in. They DO NOT work like face archetypes, instead they work just like default replacement skin; if you change your S1 all of your S1 sims will now have the new skin tone.

Actually, I use the same exact default eyes that Magicmoon is describing. I downloaded these default replacements a few months ago, perhaps it would be a good idea for you to update them (couldn't hurt, right?). Unfortunately I don't have any plantsims yet, so I can't be of much practical use, but I thought that I could at the very least help clarify the default replacement eye thing.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 September 03, 01:22:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not a clue, really, but did you have the replacement eyes in your game before you installed Seasons? 

Since base game.

Actually, I use the same exact default eyes that Magicmoon is describing. I downloaded these default replacements a few months ago, perhaps it would be a good idea for you to update them (couldn't hurt, right?).

I checked that thread before I posted. They haven't been updated.

I would think that if it were in the eyes, then modders would be offering Plant Sim eyes. But I don't see those type of downloads. So was thinking it must be connected to the skin or Ideal Plant Sim.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 September 03, 01:24:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I said I didn't know much about eyes, I have defaults in my game, just hadn't noticed anything about whether they apply to all sims since it's a post seasons install with no Maxis townies and empty Pets and Seasons templates - and as yet, not a single plantsim.

I hope just updating the custom eyes is the answer.

What happens if you cure a PlantSim - do they get their old eyes back?

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 September 03, 01:26:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Plantsim eyes are their own eyes. They are part of the plant skin and not affected by default overrides.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 September 03, 01:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So.. if plantsim eyes are part and parcel of plantsim skin, and we want to KEEP the plantskin but lose the planteye... we could conceivably paste a new eye into that section of the image file and reinsert?

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 September 03, 01:33:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Or poke holes in the plantskin overlay, yes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 September 03, 04:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is until I got my first plant Sim. I was appalled that the Sim's eyes had turned back into Maxis default instead of the default override that the Sim was born with. A spawned plant baby also had the ugly eyes.

I also noticed that the werewolf eyes, while not as bad as some others, were also 'flat' looking. I downloaded replacement vampire and servo eyes, and they work fine, but haven't seen anything about werewolf eyes. I haven't done a serious search on werewolf eyes yet though.
Like Pescado said, the eyes (plant sim and werewolf) are part of the skin.

I once had a multi-pollination mod that chose from 8 alien fathers instead of 1. The spawn had no problems because the child would either inherit the alien eyes or the mother's default replacement eyes. But the modder had also included JM Pescado as one of the possible fathers. When an abducted mother gave birth to his child, the Maxis default eyes were given to the child instead of the default overrides. Reading that I would have to do a lot of work to replace the Pescado that she made with another 'alien' of my choice would be a big hassle (even if it was just fixing the eyes), I just reverted to the other alien mod that chooses from 4 aliens with alien eyes. This is what makes me wonder if Ideal Plant Sim is the root of the problem.
I think your problem here is that you lack the custom eyes used on the Pescado Pol Tech and you are seeing the skin eyes (default maxis brown) on the offspring because the game cannot use the missing custom eyes.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 September 03, 05:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I personally find the EAxis take on plantsims (like aliens) to be plain fugly and am using a replacement 'ideal plantsim' from MTS2 which takes care of the basic facial shape. There are a number of default replacement plantsim skintones kicking around the interwebs some with different eyes, have a look and see if you find one you like. I personally like JWilson's hairy replacement skins from SexySims2 but there are some decent barbie versions on MTS2 and one uses Enlaya eyes. EAxis have implemented the plantsims differently to aliens with the eye texture built into the skintone. This is because a sim is either 'normal' or a plantsim whereas alien eyes can be inherited so need to have their own separate material/texture.

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 September 03, 06:09:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Meh. I've yet to find a Plantsim default replacement I like, as far as replacing the Ideal Plantsim or the skin file. I LIKE the maxis skin, but I'd prefer it have the bits.. and I can't stand the maxis eyes on either the plantsim or the werewolf skin.

Of course, I also think that sims should immediately spin to nude or just have their clothing poof when they go furry.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 03, 07:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

http://www.modthesims2.com/member/showthread.php?t=235425
I haven't done plantsims, since it seems everyone is using default replacements there anyway.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 03, 15:45:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I use this replacement skintone, which has eyes by pinstruck: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=223598

But I really should get around to adding my preferred eyes (which I've already made into contacts) to my plantsim and werewolf defaults.

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
lowbart
Blathering Buffoon

Why? Why?

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 03, 23:47:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Magicmoon, could you give us a link to the custom-default eyes you are using, if you have one?

Quote from: Liz
I find it particularly disingenuous of Seabolt to attempt to claim that "Advertising is very organic to the 'Sims 3' experience." Apparently 'organic' is code for "We thought of some places we can stick it." Should they run out of ideas, I could gladly recommend some nice, organic place
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 September 04, 00:49:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heleane's eyes made into default replacements by Gunmod can be found here. Although it wouldn't have been difficult for you to search for Gunmod's profile on MTS2.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: