More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 11:26:21

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  sims will not age
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: sims will not age  (Read 22798 times)
Theo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
Re: sims will not age
« Reply #25 on: 2007 September 03, 10:52:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

only my adult sims are aging. elder, teen, and child sims are stuck. i am not getting any errors either. and everyday, every adult sim on the lot gets the birthday message regardless of how many days they have until the next transition. i am not using any aging hacks or cheats, i feel they defeat the purpose of the game.

Once I started playing the Veronaville hood, and one of the preset families had the same problem you described. To be honest, I believe I had installed Inge's age duration hack.

That was the first time I played that family's lot, and I think not even the adults could age, even though the birthday message popped up everyday as well.

Anyway, I ended up evicting that family, moved them to another lot, and that problem disappeared. So, it's probably caused by a fawlty lot, rather than an installed hack.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 September 03, 11:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do not delete the ones in your install folder. Only delete the ones in Documents.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 September 03, 11:48:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but if I were you I'd do one at a time, and I shouldn't think you need to bother about CANHO Objects unless you download stuff that belongs in that category.  I say one at a time as otherwise every time you go into Build/Buy etc., it takes so long to load stuff and generate the new thumbnails that you go frantic! 

If you use SimWardrobe's Sims2Cat, this would be a good time to make all your downloads objects folders writeable so you can generate thumbnails to replace all those pink question marks. 

If, like me, you get fed up when you use it of seeing all those diag. doors and windows with the question mark, you can generate thumbnails for them by using the edit button and, where the diag is shown with no Build Type or Sub Type, you need to check the correct boxes, and then save.  After those thumbnails have generated and show up in Sims2Cat, you can then return the Build Type to nothing, save it, and then you will only get the one thumbnail showing in the game menu.  Unfortunately, it doesn't always work for curtains.  In order to generate the diagonal thumbnail in Sims2Cat, you do actually have to use the window or door on a diagonal, and that seems to do the trick!

Zephyr Zodiac
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 September 03, 16:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

only my adult sims are aging. elder, teen, and child sims are stuck. i am not getting any errors either. and everyday, every adult sim on the lot gets the birthday message regardless of how many days they have until the next transition. i am not using any aging hacks or cheats, i feel they defeat the purpose of the game.

Anyway, I ended up evicting that family, moved them to another lot, and that problem disappeared. So, it's probably caused by a fawlty lot, rather than an installed hack.

nope, not a lot. it happened on 8 lots and just on the adults, which is why i thought i was weird. didn't have any errors and the hdcu didn't give me anything useful which is why i came here. i should have started going through my downloads folder though because it was inteen. dug through the rtfm for it, turns out it was junk townies.

opportunity may knock once, but temptation will bang on your door forever.
infj
those who dance are considered insane by those who can't hear the music.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 September 03, 19:35:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there such a thing as an UN-faulty lot in Veronaville?

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 September 03, 20:18:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

@Strangel, thanks for the info! I should have said groups.cache rather than objects.package for more clarity, but I just couldn't think of the name right then. Probably the result of never getting enough sleep. I always run with my objects.package set to read only. I learned very early on that the game doesn't like when you delete objects.package, and had to find it on the CD to make my game run. I never made that mistake again (trying to run the game with no objects.package file).

@Witch, the thumbnails packages are something that I know a bit about. I have deleted these files with no problem, other than a bit of lag when reentering the game. If you'd like another alternative that will only impact the CAS thumbnails package I've seen something called bodyshop mechanic on MTS2 I belive. It brags of a refresh thumbnails option. And of course there is the debugmode bodyshop option if you're just looking to refresh a few of them because you've modified something since it was generated (control and right click). But as I understand it the second two methods will NOT delete the old thumbnails.package. Of course I could be wrong about that part, but the methods are valid.

@Aubrey, are you certain that you're using the correct version of inteen? I've been running it since around the seasons release with no problems. There are some non kitten killer friendly FFS hacks, but Jordi has made compadable versions which you can find in Jordi's Chop Shop on the inteen site. This may make me unpopular on MATY but I love the kitten killer, I think it adds a lot of interesting new situations to the game, and works wonderfully with ACR creating a much less predictable game. Using it, however, does require a bit of extra effort in the hack conflict department of course, but even as a hack novice I've been able to manage with no problems (yet!). I don't keep up on the kitten killer support forum because the old site's support forum was too full of idiots who didn't RTFM, so I am not up to date on the issues that people have been having recently. Is the aging thing happening in a lot of games or is it more like a bizarre fluke that only effects certain configurations? Have you done a search at inteen for more information on this problem?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 September 03, 21:53:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ACR is enough hard work for me!  As it is, in a previous (now demised) Veronaville, Moth (nee Bottom) Summerdream came home from school and did her homework.  Puck had previously brought their friend Benedick Monty home from school, then gone off to work, leaving Benedick at a loose end.  Moth finished her homework, grew up and marched Benedick off to her mother's bedroom for woohoo!  I was somewhat stunned by this, most of my YA's take quite a bit of pushing even to get the LB's....

Zephyr Zodiac
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 September 04, 04:47:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

strangel- most definately am using the latest version. i think i downloaded it 10 times trying to make up my mind if i really wanted it. then deleting it because i didn't know what i was doing. then changing my mind. then the freakin' aging problem. trying again. it was junk townies. i found it in the middle of a list burried at the bottom of the rtfm.  the rtfm is so involved and complicated i just missed it until i knew exactly what i was looking for. the way it usually happens.

infj
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 September 04, 04:51:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Life's too short for rtfm's like that!

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 September 04, 05:32:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

strangel- most definately am using the latest version. i think i downloaded it 10 times trying to make up my mind if i really wanted it. then deleting it because i didn't know what i was doing. then changing my mind. then the freakin' aging problem. trying again. it was junk townies. i found it in the middle of a list burried at the bottom of the rtfm.  the rtfm is so involved and complicated i just missed it until i knew exactly what i was looking for. the way it usually happens.

Ah, thanks for the information. Now I see why I've never had the problems that you're describing, I never play with the Maxis hoods. It probably doesn't hurt that I use clean templates and all of JM's hacks that control townie/NPC/etc spawning. But yeah, it sounds like fixing the junk townie problem in your hood could be a potentially huge task. Not really worth the effort. You could always try Jenflower's woohooteens, as I understand it hers is a much less invasive mod, but it doesn't allow teen pregnancy.

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 September 04, 07:34:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you use ACR, I have a feeling that woohooteens is a no no.

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 September 04, 11:59:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This may make me unpopular on MATY but I love the kitten killer

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 September 04, 16:04:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm a cat-lover too, and I've NEVER, EVER used the kitten-killer - and my teens are pretty promiscuous when they get the chance.......

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 September 04, 16:17:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

30 days is more than enough time to make a family, anyways. My current sim for the Ghetto Superstar challenge is pregnant with #11 at the moment. Sure, I had two sets of non-cheesecake twins (and my trips/quad hack is tweaked to give me odds lower than Maxis) and one psuedo-set due to my first run in with the multiple delivery bug...but discounting those three extras from twindom that'd still be eight kids without elixir. Why start earlier? There's too much teen pregnancy in this world, I don't want my sims having it as well.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 September 04, 17:28:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll go along with that...and teens are pretty good with babies and toddlers, so why mess all that up by having them too tired to go to school, hogging the bathroom and spending the rest of their waking hours eating?

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 September 04, 18:11:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You could always try Jenflower's woohooteens, as I understand it hers is a much less invasive mod, but it doesn't allow teen pregnancy.

I use woohooteens and can confirm that it allows teen woohoo, but not teen pregnancy.  I don't see the point in teen pregnancy myself - waste of teen time.

I had no end of problems with InTeen, and ended up deleting it - not sure what it was incompatible with, but I thought I would rather live without InTeen than the awesome mods.  Essentially the biological clock would not allow abort, and would cause a jump when any sims tried to woohoo with the bioclock running. 

Not sure about woohooteens' compatibility with ACR as I don't play with ACR.  On the other hand, given the choice, if I wanted to run ACR and it was incompatible with woohooteens, my sims would just have to wait for YA stage for woohoo before I'd load InTeen again.  woohooteens does not, in itself, allow for adult wants for teens, so they do not roll wants for woohoo (or making out, for that matter).  Perhaps I should qualify that by saying, "at least not in my game".  I have romance teens who do not seem to want anything more than a "first kiss" (although they have a fear of going steady), and after that they want to go to college and gain a skill point.  You'd think they'd want to snog with a few other teens if their LTW is to Woohoo 20.

I did have a problem with a moved in townie not aging once she became playable.  Meadow Thayer stayed a teen for quite some time, but was the only playable with stuck aging (I never turn aging off).  I fixed it with Insim simply by adding a couple of days (temporal or aging adjuster), essentially "kick starting" the aging meter.  No problem after that.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 September 04, 18:19:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On the other hand, given the choice, if I wanted to run ACR and it was incompatible with woohooteens, my sims would just have to wait for YA stage for woohoo before I'd load InTeen again.

ACR allows teens to woohoo.

I've never had a problem with Meadow not aging, she's one of the few Maxis sims I never mind having in my game.

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 September 04, 18:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

From the ACR FAQ:

c.   It is fully compatible with the Inteenimator and Jenflower’s woohoo teens.

I wouldn't have suggested it if I didn't know that it was compatible.  Smiley
ACR does allow for teen woohoo but only if the adjuster is on the lot, and as I understand it they can only use casual woohoo. I was playing with the kitten killer before I had ACR, so I am honestly a bit fuzzy on this part, but I believe that if you want to direct your teens to have a regular, non-casuaul woohoo you need to have inteen or woohooteens installed. ACR does not allow for casual woohoo in certain places (such as the car) so as I understand it your teens will be unable to woohoo in the car (which I think is a classic teenage sex location) without woohooteens/inteen.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 September 04, 18:43:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never had a problem with Meadow not aging, she's one of the few Maxis sims I never mind having in my game.

I personally liked Meadow and Tosha - I have a clone of Tosha and a clone of Meadow's daughter from a previous hood in my current game.  Frankly, I liked Meadow a lot more once I got her out of the pink leotards and into something more stylish (if I have any idea what stylish is anyway).

I should emphasize that the stuck aging thing was likely not directly caused by Meadow herself, but likely more the result of the "Propose Move In" action, and some random glitchyness therein.  Anyhow, once I forced her from 15 days to Adult to 13 days to adult, she started aging normally.  Not sure what caused the bug to begin with.

Tribulatio proxima est
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2007 September 04, 18:53:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've always seemed to have problems with those "moveinall" type mods, so now I just use the move in option of Inge's transporterplus.  On one occasion, I moved Lilith in with her grandparents using moveinall, and they became richer to the tune of over a million simoleons!

Zephyr Zodiac
aubreylaraine
Corpulent Cretin

not a morning person

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 September 05, 00:39:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's just that all my sims are exactly the same because i can't bring myself to intentionally holding them back from college or the top of the career ladder or the perfect mate. i was just using it for the spice of not knowing who was going to knock who up. then i was going to stick them together, for better or worse. my young adult are sluts, i wanted some of them to pay for it. 
i would never use it for my teens, no fail birth control flavor pak. i got it mainly to see what the big deal was about, but will keep it until i upgrade my hard drive then ask myself if it really was what i was looking for. i may keep it for the same reason i use harder grades, harder jobs, deadlier disease among others. to make things harder for me. i use the acr, couldn't play without it. that and the downloadable crystal ball are how i pick life partners. wow, i don't sound defensive at all do i?
unfortunately i am a perfectionist. i can't control my own so i control theirs so much so that it becomes boring and predictable. take it out of my hands and it relieves my anal ocd tendencies and i'm having fun.

anyway, i don't believe for a second that it kills kittens. proof? 13 fuzzy black walking allergens roam my halls, popping out from behind doors to hang from a pant/bare leg. chasing the dogs. climbing the wall of the fireplace. bringing in birds and mice to scare/captivate the children.

eta- invisigoth- it was the original maxis families that had junk townie syndrome. i made all my own townies this time around.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 05, 00:47:19 by aubreylaraine » Logged

infj
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 September 06, 02:30:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't particularly feel a need for teen pregnancy either (no-fail birth control) but now that inteen basically makes every aspect of teen life more realistic, I've decided to give it a try. It's.. alright, though it's confusing to get used to the changes.

INFP or something
Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 September 07, 02:53:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

it's just that all my sims are exactly the same because i can't bring myself to intentionally holding them back from college or the top of the career ladder or the perfect mate. i was just using it for the spice of not knowing who was going to knock who up. then i was going to stick them together, for better or worse. my young adult are sluts, i wanted some of them to pay for it.

unfortunately i am a perfectionist. i can't control my own so i control theirs so much so that it becomes boring and predictable. take it out of my hands and it relieves my anal ocd tendencies and i'm having fun.

I am also a perfectionist, and I was finding that most of my sims were ending up in the same "happy families" rut.  Now I use Hook's Configurable Dice Rolling Program to introduce an element of randomness in my game.  You can put whatever options you want in there, and the thread lists quite a few different ideas that people use. 

A couple of examples:  I use it when I make townies in CAS, randomising which face they get, hair colour, if they have makeup/facial hair/glasses, their personality, aspiration, turn-ons & -offs. etc.  I also have the question "Is today a good sim-day to die", which I roll every day for each of my sims that are teen and older (odds dependent on the sim's age group), to introduce random death in my game since I'm tired of all my sims dying of old age.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 September 07, 02:58:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've ever had a sim die of old age - I either get bored with a hood before that happens, or my computer fries them all by the thousand!

Zephyr Zodiac
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 September 07, 14:08:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't think I've ever had a sim die of old age - I either get bored with a hood before that happens, or my computer fries them all by the thousand!

I tend to get bored or annoyed with toddlers and kids running about bogarting things around the house.  I always buy the dollhouse and EZbakeoven (or whatever it's called) and let them auto-play on that.  However, they do a lot of skilling at the bookshelf, in the pool, etc. so I don't end up with a lot of house fires, electrocutions, etc.  I also play with noeatcrap installed (so no food poisoning)  Consequently, it gets to the point in my hoods where the only way they die is by old age, unless I kill them myself in a fit of 'divine' "you're too ugly to live" wrath.

Next time one of my sims gets the flu, I'll send it out to work out or something until it turns fatal.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: