More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 01:20:04

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Vampires lost their Skin Colors and I can't get them back
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Vampires lost their Skin Colors and I can't get them back  (Read 2352 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Vampires lost their Skin Colors and I can't get them back
« on: 2007 September 08, 09:02:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've been doing the Seasons updates and somewhere along the line I got a reset. I went to play my couple which is a Grand Vampiress and a playable turned Vampire, and both of them have normal skin tones, although they have retained all of their vampire attributes.

I couldn't find anything on the debugger to fix it, the mirror didn't work (it's their whole skin, not just face), so I used Insim To un-vamp then re-vamp one. But that didn't work either. I left without saving. But what should I do to correct this?

I haven't seen any of the other Grand Vamps over to see if they are affected too. I'll check. Better check my werewolf too while I'm at it.

But if the cure involves de-vamping and re-vamping using potions or something, will the Grand Vampiress remain Grand, or will she be demoted to regular vamp habits?

I'm also looking for this toy, which I can't find in the indexes:
...this is about the "THE SUN IT BURNS" effect. In this toy, vampires will react less strongly to sunlight in bad weather when the sun is clouded out, treating "indoors" as being as good as night and "outdoors" as being merely as bad as indoors when clouded.

MOAR FIGHT:
And what is this fun sounding toy? And why won't it let me download it from the Season's directory? I get "The XML page cannot be displayed" when I click on the file.

EDIT: The werewolf is fine, but every vampire in the game is affected, that is, my 2 playables and the downtown Grand Vamps.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 08, 09:50:51 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Vampires lost their Skin Colors and I can't get them back
« Reply #1 on: 2007 September 08, 10:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But if the cure involves de-vamping and re-vamping using potions or something, will the Grand Vampiress remain Grand, or will she be demoted to regular vamp habits?
The old Jeffistani college adjuster should be able to quietly de/revamp just fine. Your Grand Vampire will not change behaviors. In fact, just moving in a grand vampire already removes their ability to vamp anyone and demotes them to normal, but with autonomous biting.

I'm also looking for this toy, which I can't find in the indexes:
This toy is not released. Ask Fat Gwilly People if they're interested.

And what is this fun sounding toy? And why won't it let me download it from the Season's directory? I get "The XML page cannot be displayed" when I click on the file.
It is a raw package, unzipped, so your browser is stupid. Save the file without trying to view it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Re: Vampires lost their Skin Colors and I can't get them back
« Reply #2 on: 2007 September 08, 11:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can get the other raw package files, just not that one. I can't even right click and choose open or save. I get this message:

Cannot view XML input using style sheet. Please correct the error and then click the Refresh button, or try again later.
A name was started with an invalid character. Error processing resource.

In fact, just moving in a grand vampire already removes their ability to vamp anyone and demotes them to normal, but with autonomous biting.

What's the difference between vamping and autonomous biting?

EDIT: I tried the College adjuster, but the same thing happened with it as it did with InSim. The Sim turned human, then turned back into a vamp but retained their normal skin color. I spawned the townie tree and spawned a new Grand Vamp, and that one also had normal skin color.

The only thing I did between the time I had normal vamps and the wrong color vamps I have now, is update the awesome mods in the Seasons directory. I was also looking for a bug and so I did one game load with the Inteen folder renamed zzzInteen. I think that is what caused the reset, but I can't figure out at all why my vamps refuse to be vamp color anymore, especially newly created ones.

EDIT2: Solved the problem. I had vampire eye replacements, and removed them to try another set. All was working well with these until the reset. Removing them from the game cured the skin problem.

And I still say there is something wrong with the moarfight file in the Season's directory.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 09, 04:48:12 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: