More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 09:47:35

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Hacks/Mods made redundant by the new patch. Preliminary List.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Hacks/Mods made redundant by the new patch. Preliminary List.  (Read 19630 times)
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
Hacks/Mods made redundant by the new patch. Preliminary List.
« on: 2005 October 13, 00:16:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Since I've seen a few people ask for this, and I was wondering myself.  I decided to go throught the bugfix list for both the Uni and NL patch and see which hacks/mod would be made redundant.

Feel free to add on if I miss anything, because I'm sure I'll overlook something.  I'm comparing this list to the list of hacks in my downloads folder.  All of which came with the MATY .zip package.

1.  * Eliminated a bad reset that prevented Sims from becoming enemies of one another. 

nmefix.package

2.  * Sims no longer play the extended browse animation when purchasing an item from the clothing rack. 

fasterbuyclothes.package

3.  * Shortened the amount of time that children show their A+ report cards off to their parents 

nocheeringhack.package

4.  * Fixed issues that occur when the same Sim dies on multiple lots. 

nocorruptdeath.package  *possibly*

5.  * Lowered frequency of Child Sims aborting queue actions in favor of greeting their parents as they returning from work.

hugginghack.package

6.  * Fixed a bug that prevented large groups of Sims from entering the helicopter carpool. 

carpoolfix.package  *not sure here as I've never had more than one sim get in a helicopter at one time*

7.  * Sims who write great novels now receive the memory for "Wrote Great Novel" rather than the Sim who answered the royalty check phone call.

noplagiarism.package

8.  * Fixed a problem that caused pianos that have been owned for a certain amount of time to cease providing fun. 

pianofix.package

9.  * Level 6 Greek Houses can now accept pledges 

fratfix.package

10.  * Eliminated a problem where Greek Houses were not accepting the proper amount of pledges per level. 

Same as #9.

11.  * The "Cheer Up" interaction no longer causes crushes between Sims. 

norandomcrush.package.  *weather this was fixed with the career reward objects has yet to be seen*

12.  * Sims no longer get crushes from playing handhelds together. 

handheldfix.package  *weather they still meet themselves has yet to be seen*

13.  *Fixed a reset that occurred after multiple generations of large families that prevented death from completing properly for Sims in large, multi-generational families. Symptoms included missing inheritance, tombstones, and a lower Sim population cap per lot. 

nocorruptdeath.package

14.  *Fixed a rare occurrence of a reset that would leave a user unable to save or quite after a Sim gave birth. 

badbirthfix.zip  *possibly, I've never run into this one*

15.  * Wants for specific electronic devices no longer roll in after a Sim owns that electronic device.

nogizmowants.package  *if this even worked in the first place.  It wasn't in Boris' list*

And that's all I can come up with.  Again, feel free to add on if I missed anything, or if I've got something totally wrong.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 13, 00:21:52 by Trepie » Logged
Regina
Malodorous Moron

View Profile WWW
Re: Hacks/Mods made redundant by the new patch. Preliminary List.
« Reply #1 on: 2005 October 13, 00:21:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for making that list!  The cheering problem was fixed with Nightlife but none of the rest were!  I've made a note so once the patch is installed I know which ones to remove. Smiley

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 October 13, 00:26:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

15.  * Wants for specific electronic devices no longer roll in after a Sim owns that electronic device.

nogizmowants.package  *if this even worked in the first place.  It wasn't in Boris' list*

TwoJeffs also has a NL compatible no electronics wants hack. If you had it and yank it out, you'll still of course get those wants, but they'll stop once you buy them those items now so it's not nearly as annoying.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Shupinola
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 October 13, 01:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, again, big thanks for this.
Ancient Sim
Dead Member

Back from the dead ...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2005 October 13, 02:31:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not sure about nocorruptdeath as that relates to the jagged memories and the description doesn't sound as if it pertains to that.  Might be wrong, but to be on the safe side I'm leaving that mod where it is for now.

Some favourite Sim thingies:  Film:  Lord of the Sims; Song: Losing My Sim by SIM; Book: Interview With the Sim by Sim Rice; Smell: Fried Simions; Colour: Simple.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 October 13, 02:42:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

about the carpoolfix.zip for the helicopter, there 2 other things that the hack fix about carpools beside the loading of sims in the helicopter:

1. Inappropriately dressed friend from work: Friend is now properly dressed in accordance with own rank.
2. Unloading clog for vehicles with insufficient doors reduced.

so maybe we should leave it there?
YYZdnl
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 October 13, 02:49:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Still need the coffee cup hack.  Started running the game post patch and that was the first hack I had to quit the game so I could load.
Qwiggles
Corpulent Cretin

We are all just monkeys...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 October 13, 02:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"# Reduced the possibility of non player characters becoming stuck in dormie's rooms due to door locking."

Could that mean we can remove "novanishindorms" from our fixes?

"The lot view options are now saved properly after exiting and restarting the game."  - I guess I can remove the workaround command (lotskirtsizeincrease) in my userstartup cheat, too.

Mooooo
jenflower
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2005 October 13, 03:07:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the list!

As far as the nocheeringhack goes, J.M's version of this fix also routes the students closer to the mailbox before opening their report card.  He called it "bus unloading clog".  So, we might want to keep this one in for that reason.

For now, I don't think I'm going to install the patch until I see that my favorite mods have been tested and updated for it. 
And then maybe we'll get our romance mod back again soon...maybe maybe maybe...  Wink

"That probably would have sounded more commanding if I wasn't wearing my yummy sushi pajamas."
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 October 13, 03:15:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm reluctant to remove nocorruptdeath as well, as this fixes a game exploding bug.  And I don't see what it would hurt to leave it in.

For carpoolfix, none of the friends my sims have been bringing home have been dressed for their appropriate rank since I installed NL.  But since it fixes carpool clog other than what can happen with the helicopter, I'll leave it in.

And it seems nocheeringhack fixes schoolbus clog, so back into the Download folder with that!
dsk
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2005 October 13, 03:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

THanks for the list -- it's really kinda sad that JM and TwoJeffs fixed most of these problems a long time before Maxis got around to it.  At least they're finally fixing things, though.

I like puppies, too!  Let's exchange recipies.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2005 October 13, 03:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed NL, I didn't dare to use most of the hacks, among them the carpoolfix, noplagiarism, fasterbuyclothes, fratfix, norandomcrush, nocorruptdeath, nogizmowants, badbirthfix, buyfasterclothes,  and fratfix.

But I was ready to put my game in danger, and paste  the following ones:

comm-skilling
daily gardener
hugging hack
noagediscrimination
nocheering  (at all, not only with A grades)
nohomework
noretiredjobspam
noinfluenceobsession
novelprogress
nowhatisthis
phonehack
unsubscribe

That's why I wrote that we have to move out only the pianofix, and handheldfix...Smiley.

gynarchy
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2005 October 13, 03:50:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

handheldfix.package  *weather they still meet themselves has yet to be seen*

Yes, they still meet themselves when they play alone.  Angry

Opera loving chickens. Can't eat them. Can't vote for them. Can't wear them as a hat.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2005 October 13, 03:53:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Duhhh, I have to use again the TJ "noautonomous use of MP3 and handheld!
buddha pest
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2005 October 13, 05:29:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

nocorruptdeath.package
Wouldn't it be deathfix instead of nocorruptdeath?

"Fixed a reset that occurred after multiple generations of large famlies that prevented death from completing properly for Sims in large, multi-generational families. Symptoms included missing inheritance, tombstones, and a lower Sim population cap per lot. "

deathfix is the one that fixes that. nocorruptdeath just fixes the squiggly line memories I think.
Dark Trepie
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2005 October 13, 05:45:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It could very well be.  All of the hacks I have from JM came from his Director's Cut.  And I don't see anything in there that says deathfix.  I should go rooting throught The Armory again soon.

EDIT:  Well...upon further investigation nocorruptdeat and deathfix are two different entities.  Color me n00b.   Embarrassed
« Last Edit: 2005 October 13, 05:57:45 by Trepie » Logged
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2005 October 13, 06:13:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god! The schysophrenia when playing handheld was not fixed!!!

Cassandra Goth played autonomously the handheld, and when I looked at her memories - there was a memory "meet Cassandra"!!!

Now we have to ask JMP to update the handheldfix only for the schysophrenia (the crush has been fixed, as we are told).

Sheesh...Sad
MaxoidTom
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2005 October 13, 07:35:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my god! The schysophrenia when playing handheld was not fixed!!!

Cassandra Goth played autonomously the handheld, and when I looked at her memories - there was a memory "meet Cassandra"!!!

Now we have to ask JMP to update the handheldfix only for the schysophrenia (the crush has been fixed, as we are told).

Sheesh...Sad

This is the first I've heard of it, but other Maxoids may have.  Please submit a bug using the form on the official BBS.
Andygal
Deformed Freak
Nitwitted Nuisance

Now with new and improved avatar!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2005 October 13, 07:45:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

the issue with the teen female vampire skins has aparently been fixed also. So you can remove the hack that fixes that if you have it.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2005 October 13, 07:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There have been innumerable posts about the handheld schizophrenia problem, not just on this board, so I'm sure someone must have already informed Maxis of the problem!

Zephyr Zodiac
SciBirg
Garrulous Gimp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2005 October 13, 08:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes, but now they have made a patch it is important that ppl send the bug report post-patch

INTJ
twink
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2005 October 13, 10:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did email them about the fact that the top of the Mad Scientist career was wrong and every Mon. when they are not scheduled to work a vacation day is subtracted and the fact that the options/view neighborhood sets to default every time you play.

The first does not show on their list and someone on a forum said with the patch installed the options/view neighborhood are greyed out....this allows you to go to adjouning houses with returning to the screen.

Has anyone installed the patch and found this to be true?

Thanks,
Twink

Stressed spelled backwards is desserts.
nectere
Heretic
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2005 October 13, 13:33:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall correctly the hugging mod prevents your sim from going around hugging random strangers or people they do not qualify to hug to being accepted. You get a relationship hit each time you do it and its rejected, nice/popular sims are very huggy, thus get rejected a lot. I think it was the nowelcomehome mod that prevented children from jumping up and rushing to hug mom or dad upone arrival home.

I installed the patch after I moved all mods that modified sim behavior to the desktop. I had no problems installing it. After that I culled my folder for what I thought I may no longer need. I havent had any problems. I didnt check the neighborhood view options though since I tend to run out of virtual memeory pretty quickly when its on, even though I am running to spec.
linolino
Exasperating Eyesore

Linosim

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2005 October 13, 13:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall correctly the hugging mod prevents your sim from going around hugging random strangers or people they do not qualify to hug to being accepted. You get a relationship hit each time you do it and its rejected, nice/popular sims are very huggy, thus get rejected a lot. I think it was the nowelcomehome mod that prevented children from jumping up and rushing to hug mom or dad upone arrival home.
The rtfm.txt file that comes in the hugginhack.zip file, says that that hacks prevents drop of actions in children queue in order to hug their parents when they come home from work.
« Last Edit: 2005 October 13, 14:03:23 by linolino » Logged
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2005 October 13, 13:57:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So then which is the one that prevents the nice sims from autonomously hugging strangers? Because I want that one.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: