More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 06:44:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Did I completely hose up my brand new neighborhood?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Did I completely hose up my brand new neighborhood?  (Read 7008 times)
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Did I completely hose up my brand new neighborhood?
« on: 2007 August 30, 04:02:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I searched the forums and could not find an answer for this, I just searched for "custom downtown." I created a custom downtown, so now those downtownie teens who are related do not have the graves of their dead relatives. Is this going to cause a problem later on? Thanks in advance!
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Did I completely hose up my brand new neighborhood?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 30, 04:12:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No. The downtownie teens are messed up anyway.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
chknflvrdramen
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 30, 04:21:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Oh Awesome One, I never use them anyway, I just wanted to make sure the lack of graves wasn't going to cause issues.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 30, 06:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you want any of them in your game, you can get the Tricous from The Bog Sims Institute, and I believe Regina is also going to upload the downtownie teens soon.  If you wanted to duplicate the character data, though, it gets a bit more complicated.....

Zephyr Zodiac
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 30, 08:23:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't SaraMK have a clean template which leaves just the Tricous in?
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 30, 10:31:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know - but if you don't cheat, you need at least one of the downtownie teens to resurrect them.  With the sim files, they would, I imagine, be living and not dead sims, but when you use the template in CAS you would get arbitrary game generated characteristics, so you would need to use another Downtown set of character files to copy over all the data - a long job, I know, I've done it once when I recreated a fubared neighbourhood.

Having said that, my present Downtown is part of a new hood in which I deletedallcharacters, and then used your pets and seasons empty templates, and while I truly do not miss all those townies, dormies, Ramaswamis, etc., I do rather miss playing the Tricous.

Zephyr Zodiac
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 30, 11:14:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Having said that, my present Downtown is part of a new hood in which I deletedallcharacters

Ooh! Isn't that a VBT?

ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 30, 11:21:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I completely cleaned it up in SimPE, and the only odd thing now is I only get one of each NPC, apart from the drivers.  But I like taking risks.

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 30, 17:57:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I completely cleaned it up in SimPE, and the only odd thing now is I only get one of each NPC, apart from the drivers.  But I like taking risks.
Did you also happen to snag some noregen-type hack? That'll restrict your NPCs. I took it out because I love having multiple maids and such and...luckily...have never been hit by one of those mad-spawning bugs like some get with the gardener.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 30, 18:12:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have Pescado's no regeneration hacks, nothing related to NPCs - but I do have Jordi's empty P002 and G002 templates.  I don't see why they should cause it though.  And he's a very ugly maid..... Cry

Zephyr Zodiac
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 31, 01:50:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I only have Pescado's no regeneration hacks, nothing related to NPCs - but I do have Jordi's empty P002 and G002 templates.  I don't see why they should cause it though.  And he's a very ugly maid..... Cry

JM's antiredundancy relates to NPCs.  It stops unneeded NPCs from forming, so with this hack in it is normal to only have one maid.  It's available in the hack directory, but it is also in the DC, so chances are you have it.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 31, 09:44:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That must be it then, I've used it for ages, but of course, in a normal hood with all the normal amounts of NPCs, you wouldn't notice it, except you wouldn't get all those barpersons etc.  Still, 1 maid and 4 drivers is wierd, even with the school bus and a pool car arriving at the same time, you would only need 2 drivers!

I think at some point this maid is going to be made selectable so he can have plastic surgery!  I wish they'd made that table like the makeover chair, so a sim could offer surgery to another sim......

Zephyr Zodiac
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 31, 15:54:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ah, but then you wouldn't know which townies to avoid for their OMGHideous genes.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 31, 16:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, all my townies in this game are made in CAS by me, and have no worse (or better) genes than any other sims.  As for the NPCs, they can stay NPCs - maybe the reason they never grow old and die is because they're androids!

Zephyr Zodiac
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 31, 17:00:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That must be it then, I've used it for ages, but of course, in a normal hood with all the normal amounts of NPCs, you wouldn't notice it, except you wouldn't get all those barpersons etc.  Still, 1 maid and 4 drivers is wierd, even with the school bus and a pool car arriving at the same time, you would only need 2 drivers!
4 drivers is quite possible. The minimum normal driver count is 3: Departing carpool, arriving carpool, school bus. However, it is certainly possible to get a 4th vehicle, if you were to have a taxi arrive at the same time that the above was all present, or perhaps the Nannymobile showing up at the same time. Since all those vehicles would need someone driving, a driver would have to be spawned. I wonder what would happen if I turned one of the drivers into Toonces the Cat.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 31, 17:15:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the maids and gardeners drove themselves, and this is why they leave their vehicles parked on the street while they work.

Edited for stupid typo involving a missing letter. Oops!
« Last Edit: 2007 September 01, 05:16:13 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 31, 17:33:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's the NANNY!!  Of course, I had to use the nanny for some of my new arrivals.  At leat now I can nuke her permanently with the debugger.

Zephyr Zodiac
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 31, 17:48:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder what would happen if I turned one of the drivers into Toonces the Cat.

That would make me laugh out loud, that's what would happen.  Cheesy

Toonces, awesome. LOL!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 September 01, 03:20:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought the maids an gardeners drove themselves, and this is why they leave their vehicles parked on the street while they work.
Maids and gardeners drive themselves, but the Nanny arrives in a Nannymobile that leaves without her, meaning it has a seperate driver. Therefore, you will, under normal circumstances, inevitably get 3 drivers, but nanny or taxi use can lead to 4 or even 5.

Anti-redundancy is useful because it also eliminates the game's desire to generate redundant Social Workers and Repo Men, which is pointless as they do not even have names and aren't normally and should never be interacted with.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: