More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 22:40:27

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Sneaking out and abductions
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Sneaking out and abductions  (Read 11109 times)
jacay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Sneaking out and abductions
« on: 2007 August 26, 17:11:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First, have you ever had a sim get caught in the process of sneaking out? I've had my teen sims call to plan the sneak out right in front of their parents and had their parents in the same room when they left and when they returned, and nothing happened. They even have a fear of getting caught sneaking out!

Also, can teen sims get abducted by aliens? I know they can get the scholarship for it, but in my almost three years playing the game and even with a slightly elevated chance of abduction, my teens have never had the privilege.

Is it just me?
akatonbo
Lipless Loser

a red dragonfly

View Profile WWW
Re: Sneaking out and abductions
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 26, 17:34:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Any Sim aged teen or older can be abducted (but only adult males get pregnant).

Troubleshooting info: all EPs and SPs, most hacks Awesome but some not, no inTeen.
sewinglady
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 26, 17:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the parents catch them sneaking out and then also when the cops bring them back...sometimes that little 'chew out' scene is followed by the 'running away' scenario...which I dislike because they don't come back until the last possible day they can be moved to Uni...

And yes, I've had teens - girls and boys - abducted by aliens and then receive the scholarship.

Of course, this scars them for life - they either spend the rest of their lives wanting to meet aliens again or live in fear of meeting aliens again.

Sometimes I have 'assisted' in repeated alien abductions just because they do fear it - I am so mean to some simmies...

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 26, 18:02:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had many sims caught sneaking out, but it is not very consistent.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 26, 20:44:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sure I've had children abducted by aliens before...  of course, I can't be entirely certain that it wasn't something I did deliberately with a hacked telescope, but I'm pretty sure it can actually happen.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 26, 21:03:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Abduction of children is not possible in an unmodded game.
The abduction code specifically checks for children and young adults, and disables the interaction for them.

It's trivial to enable though, so you might very well have a mod that does this.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 26, 21:09:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, now I'm intrigued...  and about to begin the search to find out just which mod does it.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 26, 21:12:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not Smonaff's mod that enables alien pregnancy for females as well, or the Kitten Killer. I already checked those.

Look for a Squinge mod. He must've done this -- I think he modded every single BHAV in the game at some point!

---

Oh, and teens can only get caught sneaking out when they're leaving, not returning. If the parent is in the same room as the teen at the moment the teen gets the sneak out action (1 AM), the teen is caught. The parent will then lecture the teen.
On return, the teen can get caught by the police (random check), but parents will ignore them as they walk past them.
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 26, 21:30:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got twojeff's increased odds mod, and fwiffo's multiple PT hack, and the simslice telescope.  And nothing else that effects aliens as far as I know.  No squinge mods at all.

Of course, just because it's somthing I had in the past, doesn't mean it's something I still have now.
V
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 26, 22:48:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Way back a long, long time ago I was playing a CAS family in Strangetown. The family was upstairs on the roof playing a variety of games with their neighbors, the Smiths. The Smith's little girl (Jenny? whatever her name is) was playing darts with my sim and my sim's CAS sister in law.

Suddenly the little girl just disappeared into thin air. Nobody seemed to notice at all. If I hadn't been looking I would have missed it too. My sim and her sister in law just stood around not doing anything. When I tried to get them to take their turn on darts I was offered the option to cheat. I waited around for a while and the little girl never came back. Ultimately I just exited without saving since I had no idea what had happened or what consequences there would be if I saved and kept it that way.

This was so long ago that I could count the number of hacks and cc on two hands.

I always wondered what in the world happened.

I want people to stop saying, "Son of a bitch". Instead we should say "Son of an ASS" because that is more accurate. Spread the word!

Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 28, 19:09:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

and the simslice telescope.
I would bet on this. SimSlice's stuff pretty much always have some weird or borked behavior.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 28, 20:47:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a hack that allows teen males to get pregnant when abducted by aliens?
ElfPuddle
Stupid-to-English Translator
Uncouth Undesirable

"Darn! That's the end!"

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 28, 20:54:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, most teen pregnancy hacks would do it. I'm a kitten&pupper killer, so I know that InTeen does.
If you don't already have it, please read the FM ... because if all you want is preggo teen boys, you may want a less intrusive game mod.

I haven't died. I moved to the American South. Rumors to the contrary are highly exaggerated.

Member 960. Admitted to the MATY Senate by a 10-0 vote: 2006 August 10. Expelled by a 15-12 vote: 2008 May 30.
Should that mean anything?
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 28, 20:58:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not been able to get my adult sims abducted by aliens yet (don't want to play strangetown and don't want hacked 'scopes).  I'm thinking of dedicating a male sim to staring through the telescope for the rest of his life until it happens.

As for sneaking out, if you keep sim parents away from the teen that wants to sneak out, he or she will never get caught.  If they are in the same room as the sneaking out teen as he's on his way out, they will catch the teen and lecture them and try to send them to bed.  If the teen is busted by the police and brought home, sim parents may lecture the teen at that point as well (might depend on the personality of the parent, because some parents seem to just let the teen walk past into the house with no consequences).  Last time this happened to one of my teens, I cancelled the parental lecture, which then resulted in the teen describing the evening (chat bubble with police light, followed by bubble with handcuffs) - the parent seemed amused, if not impressed.  I imagined the conversation as:
"Way cool, Dad.  I was busted by the pigs and they used handcuffs and everything."
"Ha ha ha, son."
I felt that was pretty in character - Dad is a master criminal.

Tribulatio proxima est
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 28, 21:24:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do use inteen, have for a long long time, but my male teens that have been abducted never return pregnant.  Maybe its just the luck of the roll.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 28, 21:34:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have not been able to get my adult sims abducted by aliens yet (don't want to play strangetown and don't want hacked 'scopes).  I'm thinking of dedicating a male sim to staring through the telescope for the rest of his life until it happens.

Have you tried TwoJeffs' 'increased odds of abduction' hack?  There are two flavors of it, as I recall, so you can decide how much you want to increase the odds.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 28, 21:36:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

AFAIK, that shouldn't be possible. Alien abduction has a 100% impregnating chance, for valid Sims.

Valid Sims are male adults with 3 or more days left -- or whatever a mod changes this to. Smonaff has a mod which enables alien pregnancy for females as well, and the Inteen opens it up for teens and young adults, too.

Without twojeff's greater odds mod the chance of an alien abduction is astronomically small (no pun intended) by the way.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 28, 21:59:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had an adult male who was abducted and didn't come back pregnant, even though he should have plenty of time.  So I tried using the tombstone to make him alien pregnant, and that didn't work either.  I think I found, after some searching, that is was caused by the multiple pollination technitian mod somewhow.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 28, 22:15:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that mod. Never worked for me, I wouldn't recommend anyone using it.
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 29, 01:04:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's odd, I never had any trouble with it.

There were two multi-polli-tech mods made. Which one did you use?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 29, 01:19:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Both. But as I am not that interested in them anyway, I haven't wasted too much time debugging them.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 29, 02:41:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmm, that explains why I had a sim with 20-odd days left until he became an elder get abducted and not get pregnant.  I completely forgot I had that multi-pollination technician mod in my game.  Must not be compatible with Seasons.  Gotta pull it out before I play next time.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 29, 06:09:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm playing with fwiffo's multiple pollination technician hack and it's working just fine with all EPs and a couple of SPs installed. Pescado's selfsim can't keep away, he's autonomously working his way through all four techs.

Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 August 29, 08:45:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've got Fwiffo's as well.  The 4 PT version.  No problems, all EPs, all SPs.  All adult male sims come back pregnant when abducted.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 August 29, 08:49:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sims with less than 5 days to elder transition cannot become pregnant either. Sims with EXACTLY 5 days exhibit an odd time-based behavior which varies depending on if they are returned before or after midnight.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: