More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 03:47:51

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  WCIF: A way to make Seasons last longer?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: WCIF: A way to make Seasons last longer?  (Read 7872 times)
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
WCIF: A way to make Seasons last longer?
« on: 2007 August 24, 03:41:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

4 (or what ever it is) days just isn't enough... is there a way tahe something can be changed to make the spring summer etc go longer. automatically?
something i can hack with PE or a file i can mod or somethign... anything?!?!

im used to using the green drinking thing... so the short seasons for me doesnt matter that if i didnt use it that they might die with out seeing a hot summers night.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: WCIF: A way to make Seasons last longer?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 24, 03:52:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing that specifically does this that I know of, as the weather machine aspirational reward already includes this functionality. It is therefore deemed unnecessary, and no such item will be made.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 24, 04:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks JM... im guessing there is a modded one that doesnt run out... and that u can buy?
I remember seeing one some one... but to save me hours of looking... if any one can point me in the direction.
that would be awesome.
cheers
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 24, 04:45:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ASPrecharge can make it not run out in that you can recharge it without replacing it. There is no specific thing I know of that makes it buyable outright, although I manually added it to an existing buyable-stuff-collection. You can probably use Jfadetool to build such a collection.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 24, 04:59:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheers J.M. i will give this a shot tonight.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 25, 23:44:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried this? I've been meaning to give it a go, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 26, 00:07:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

HAARP-Custom Weather Machine Mod:
http://modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222799.

Costs 7,000, unlimited reuses, just remember to be in plat mode  Grin
Ness
Hairy-Bellied Heretic
Terrible Twerp

DOWN WITH CHEESE!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 26, 00:13:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maria's link and paladin's site are refusing to play nice (cursed frames!).  If you go to sims 2, objects, then other objects...  you'll be able to find the seasons and weather controller there.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 26, 00:21:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Death to all Nesses.

Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 26, 00:54:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If 9 dais length for each season will be enough for you go this link http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241473
 Smiley (all goes automatically, no objects needed)
« Last Edit: 2007 August 26, 01:02:00 by Alexx » Logged
GayJohnScarritt
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 26, 02:01:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you tried this? I've been meaning to give it a go, but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Paladin's Season's controller works great for me.  I mainly use it for new households so they are in sync with the rest of the Neighborhood.  After-all, they only moved across the street, not to the other Hemisphere.

[11:18] Pescado: GJS manages to appear smart and knowledgeable, even though he wasn't really..

Myers-Briggs: - ISFP       Awesome NS2 -  DOOOO EEEET!

[23:56] Pescado: ATTACK, MY DUCKY MINIONS!
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 26, 02:35:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maria's link and paladin's site are refusing to play nice (cursed frames!).  If you go to sims 2, objects, then other objects...  you'll be able to find the seasons and weather controller there.

Yes, it is all wonky isn't it?

It is a vase, which is nice. Doesn't take up a lot of space at all. Short synopsis of what the weather controller can do:

Seasons and Weather Controller

The Seasons and Weather Controller allows you to change the current season and the season's length with just a couple of mouse clicks. There is also an option to make weather and even turn weather off altogether. Please see the extensive read-me file for complete details on the object's operation.

I also attached the file for those of you having problems with Paladin's site.

* SW-Seasons-And-Weather-Controller1.1.zip (161.3 KB - downloaded 222 times.)

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
flowerchile
Bonghit Jones
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 26, 02:39:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You're a legend MsMaria.  Kiss
 Kraonz like snow  Grin 

I went outside once...the graphics were shit.
Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 26, 02:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Awesome! Glad to help the Kraonz anytime!  Cool

Simgoose
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 26, 15:30:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If 9 dais length for each season will be enough for you go this link http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=241473
 Smiley (all goes automatically, no objects needed)
woo thx for the link, this should work well... if not i might even be able to work out how its set, and change it a little bit... thankyou
Alexx
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 26, 20:55:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah.Sometimes more reasonable to make simple changes in BCONs,than keep tons of hacked objects in game. Smiley
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 27, 00:40:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is nothing that specifically does this that I know of, as the weather machine aspirational reward already includes this functionality. It is therefore deemed unnecessary, and no such item will be made.

I still think you should add this functionality to the lot sync timer, so we can set all the seasons the same for each family. The weather machine doesn't allow for any fine control. You can't set it to the third day of spring, for example--it always starts at the beginning.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 28, 13:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still think you should add this functionality to the lot sync timer, so we can set all the seasons the same for each family. The weather machine doesn't allow for any fine control. You can't set it to the third day of spring, for example--it always starts at the beginning.
My official position on the matter is that it is actually somewhat undesirable to synchronize all seasons the same for every family. After all, in the real world, a single season doesn't last about the scale equivalent of 3-5 years. Since the time scale is so utterly deformed in this regard, synchronizing the entire neighborhood to the same deformed scale will result in it being an impossibility for sims to EVER see other seasons in a given lifestage: If you allow the seasons to be haphazardly disorganized from lot to lot, at least they'll see it as visitors.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: