More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 24, 16:14:57

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  Peasantry
| | |-+  ***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Genders
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: ***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Genders  (Read 15133 times)
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Genders
« on: 2007 August 23, 02:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Bah.  I wanted to upload this at MTS2, but there's only so many DAMN HOOPS I'm willing to jump through to make them happy.  :p  So here you go, Alec Holland (aka the Swamp Thing,) his wife Abby and their daughter Téfe, from DC Comics' Vertigo universe.  (I don't have any good pictures of baby Téfe from the comic available, she's done mostly from memory.)

Please RTFM; there's some additional downloads needed, detailed below.

Issues: Téfe does not grow up very pretty and will likely need Sim Surgery if you intend to use her at later ages.  Also, the InSIM "nude" clothing worn by Alec does not have an "outdoors" state, and cloning it in BodyShop to give it one doesn't seem to work properly; if anybody knows how to fix that, please share!  Meanwhile, he's stuck wearing a coat in cold weather.  :p

Please note that the "Earth elemental" textures in Alec's skin appear only on teen through elder adult males.  All other textures are as per Maxis default S1.  Feel free to substitute the textures of your choice.  The skin is "showerproof" as long as the necessary meshes are present.

UPDATE 8/23/07:  By request, I've uploaded a version of Alec's skin with elemental textures enabled for all ages and genders.  It looks pretty good in BS but I haven't had a chance to check out how the baby version looks--if anyone does, please let me know!  The attached file will overwrite the original in your Downloads folder, and should be updated on any Sim already using the skin (possibly a trip to the mirror may be in order to make it appear properly.)  You will also need "nude" clothing for the other ages and genders, which still use normal Maxis body meshes.

ALSO, as I was updating the skin I realized I used an alternate teeth image I downloaded somewhere, and I can't remember now who made it.  If anyone recognizes the artist I will be happy to give credit, and/or to replace the textures if so requested.

STUFFS YOU MUST DOWNLOAD for these guys to work right:

- Marvine's bodybuilder base meshes: http://www.insimenator.org/index.php/topic,17933.0.html (Please note: the files you need are MESHES_nude_nobulge.rar and ju-beos_barbienudeclothing_nobulge.rar.)

- Optionally, Jeanette hair for toddlers through teens by DJ_Mur3: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=108632
(This enables Abby's hair for these ages.  All white though, alas.)

CREDIT-TYPE STUFFS for items included in the packages:

- Abby and Téfe's eyes by Barcelonista: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=123205

- Abby's mascara by Icedmango: http://www.lapink.net/

- Abby's lipstick by Bruno: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=222127

- Maxis Jeanette mesh, provided by Janna: http://www.spiffysims.com/modules.php?name=Downloads&d_op=viewdownloaddetails&lid=777&ttitle=Long_Hair_Mesh

- Tefe's hair mesh, converted from Maxis by DJ_mur3: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=146527

All other content by me.  Feel free to spindle, fold, mutilate and share, but please give credit, and NO UPLOADING TO PAYSITES.

Download:

Alec: http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~uduxl5
Abby: http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~euho5q
Téfe: http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~h2ef7y
*NEW*  Swamp Thing skin for all ages and genders: http://www.filecrunch.com/file/~86rezl
---
« Last Edit: 2013 September 09, 20:24:24 by Ambular » Logged

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
Re: Sims: Swamp Thing & Family
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 23, 06:27:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fabuloso! Awesomesauce!

He's going in the cyberhood tonight. Glad you couldn't get it up on MTS2. Except I think I'll make a couple, male and female, though even with face-blending turned off I probably won't get a child that will have a face like that. Sad

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 23, 06:32:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's fabuloso! Awesomesauce!

He's going in the cyberhood tonight. Glad you couldn't get it up on MTS2. Except I think I'll make a couple, male and female, though even with face-blending turned off I probably won't get a child that will have a face like that. Sad

Hee!  Probably not; I had to distort his cheekbones, nose, ears and jawline outrageously to get the effect.  Remember that only the males carry the elemental pattern (although considering how busy the texture is, it probably wouldn't look all that bad if you just copied it over the female textures as well.)  If there's enough interest perhaps I'll set up a full-blown version for all ages and both genders...

Anyway, glad you like him!  I hope you enjoy having him in your hood.  Cheesy

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 23, 06:45:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'd love a full set. I do have some green lizardy skins I could use for females and children, I don't know how to do the complicated skin stuff.  Huh

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 23, 06:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Personally, I'd love a full set. I do have some green lizardy skins I could use for females and children, I don't know how to do the complicated skin stuff.  Huh

Well, perhaps I'll look into it then.  It wasn't all that complicated, though in this case I also didn't have to bother with different fitness states and whatnot...

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 23, 07:22:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATE!

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 23, 17:03:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATE!

LOL!  Well, that's what Abby is supposed to be for, you know.  But okay, as soon as I've got time.  XD

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 24, 03:00:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

MATE!

Per request, I've just uploaded a version of the Swamp Thing skin for all ages and genders (see update to original post.)  The face also seems to transition tolerably well to other ages, so if you want to experiment with breeding and get back to me, feel free.  Smiley

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
Re: ***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Gen
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 24, 06:27:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh yeah, baby swamp thingies coming right up. Haven't fired up the sims for several weeks now but cannot resist the SWAMP THING!

Thank you very much - awesome!

I'd glomp or hug you or something if that was the sort of icky thing I indulged in.  Grin

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
Re: ***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Gen
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 25, 08:41:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK. Before the Swampthang's could have a baby, of course they needed somewhere to live. So I spent yesterday evening creating a swamp house for them. I have packaged the lot - sans sims - and uploaded to my homepage. I'll probably leave it there a week or two.

There are some pictures here - I didn't want to spam this thread so I made a slideshow in photobucket, hope it gives enough of an idea.

All custom content is included in the sims2pack. The only thing that never seems to come through is the bedding. The lot is 50k to buy and 11.7MB.  Download Soggy Swamp.

ETA: Well, maybe just one picture.

Oh and... the lot was completely flat before I landscaped it.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 25, 08:50:32 by witch » Logged

Countess
MsMaria
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: ***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Genders
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 25, 09:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Whoa! Nice lot witch! And very coolio family Amber.  Cool

Odi et amo. quare id faciam, fortasse requiris?<br />Nescio, sed fieri sentio et excrucior.
Sophie-David
Asinine Airhead

Quester

View Profile WWW
Re: ***UPDATE*** Sims: Swamp Thing & Family - Now With MOAR Elemental Ages & Genders
« Reply #11 on: 2007 September 09, 00:13:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Witch, I went to download your lot, but got this nasty message:

"Forbidden
You don't have permission to access /~witch3/Soggy Swamp.zip on this server."

Is this something you could fix?

The worthy goal is not perfection, but perfect humanity.

- Sophie-David, born under an Aquarian Moon.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 September 09, 02:36:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oddly enough, I get the same error message, I can't seem to change a bunch of files on my homepage. I tried ringing my ISP to get it fixed and their answerphone message says I could be waiting for yonks, as their phones are really busy with all the people ringing for the free 12 months broadband offer.

Oh joy, my supposedly unthrottled account will no doubt slow to an even slower crawl as 10 million N00bs sign up for teh intarwebz. Fuck!

So sorry for now, try back in a day or two when maybe my ISP will have remembered they have current paying customers and I will hopefully have got through to them.

Angry

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 September 13, 08:38:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Four bloody days it took me to get hold of the bastards. An email a day - getting more irate by the day. Two 30 minute waits, one of which disconnected after 30 mins and I didn't have the heart to try again.

One 'technical division' call outsourced to India, where the 'technician' refused to just try downloading from my homepage, told me my password needed resetting because it wouldn't work, despite the fact that I've been using it for over a year and he then proceeded to lock me out of my homepage altogether, although I tried "idiot" which is the password I gave him when he wanted to reset.

However, I went surfing the net for new ISPs last night and now know of a company that has good rates, good mentions in the geekforum, doesn't require a contract or toll bills of any amount and is hoping to introduce VOIP in October, negating any need for a landline, so my current ISP has done me a favour in the long run.

Finally tonight an email, the person tried what I suggested, put an urgent on it and two hours later I can access my files again and so should anyone else be able to download. What a bloody palaver!

@Amber - I should have some pics of the children soon, I think they have three kids, I'm just getting a couple to teen. They haven't kept their faceflaps too well, but the rest didn't do too badly.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: