More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 20, 06:19:34

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Perhaps this sim should consider joining Blue Man group...
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Perhaps this sim should consider joining Blue Man group...  (Read 8635 times)
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Perhaps this sim should consider joining Blue Man group...
« on: 2007 August 21, 20:51:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...seriously, WTF, Mate? I just saved my game, beforehand, everything was fine.. the sim in question had just become a teen minutes before... I quit to do some REAL living, and upon returning, I loaded up to... well.. THIS..

http://i176.photobucket.com/albums/w181/Azrae1/Screenshot.jpg

...so, uhhh... any suggestions? I DID just DL  some new stuff... but only a few hair meshes and recolors, as well as Autoyak... nothing was deleted, and the files in question were featured items from MTS2... my sim wasn't even using custom content to begin with, other than eyes.... and the rest of my sims use the same ones, and no problems... I noticed that the blueness goes away when using the mirror, except I have to reselect the eyebrows....
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
Re: Perhaps this sim should consider joining Blue Man group...
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 21, 21:26:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe one of the hair meshes is corrupted somehow?

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 21, 21:27:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Try just changing apperance in the mirror first.  It can be a simple game glitch; it happens some times.
If not start looking for interfering skin replacements and/or broken game files.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 21, 21:44:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You don't have any custom face paint makeup applied to him, do you? It's the only thing (other than custom skins) I can think of that would only affect the face. Definitely not a hair. If a hair file goes missing, it defaults to bald or a Maxis style, it doesn't affect the face at all. Plus, you said he only had custom eyes.

If not, try removing the hair meshes and reloading. Just in case. There's been one case I slightly recall where a glasses mesh borked the game. I also had a pair of peacock earrings from Peggy cause my game to crash in CAS when picking accessories. If you find it was a hair, and which one, tell the creator and let us know.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 21, 21:55:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well... as I said, before posting I tried to correct the problem myself and seemed to have been able to, merely by using 'change appearance'... when the appearance menu came up (or whatever you wanna call it.. the rotatable model and listing of hairs, eyes, etc.), I had my face back, but minus the.. eyebrows, of all things?? This was easily corrected by just replacing them, but I still don't really understand how this happened to begin with..  No, Zazu, no facepaint. In fact, it was a pretty standard face, other than the eyes, which as I said before, were unaffected in the other sims.

..Should I really try and determine if it was one of the meshes? I've already advanced my game a bit, and would have to quit and reload in order to do so..
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 21, 22:01:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eh, next time you play. I would. It may be recurrent.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 22, 01:33:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had blueface before as well. ALWAYS with teens (though not *every* teen) and ALWAYS with the eyebrows gone when I went to change their appearance. Not sure what does it, but I did notice it happened more often with InSimenator-aged teens than with "blow out candles" or "six o'clock jump" aged teens.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 22, 17:51:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to one of my Maxis-made Sims recently when she graduated Uni.  A trip to the mirror back in the neighborhood fixed the blue, but she lost her eyebrows and all of her make-up -- easily fixed, of course.

I have no custom hair.  No custom skin.  No custom make-up.  (My Sims are very deprived in that sense).  And she was a Maxis-made Sim (the Ramirez girl from Bluewater). I have no clue why it happened.  My take was that life's just like that sometimes.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 22, 19:17:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This happened to one of my YA sims at university.  It can be relatively easily fixed using the mirror, provided that it is not symptomatic of bigger problems.  Likely it is just a minor glitch.

Unfortunately (not a big unfortunately, but a little one anyway) it seems that if you simply change hairstyle in the mirror, a face will reappear, but it may be a maxoid default face, rather than the one you designed in bodyshop or CAS.

A better approach, I have found, is to give the sim full facepaint at the mirror.  This will (somehow) keep the original features of the face, and your chosen hairstyle.  Then go to the mirror again and deselect the face paint.  Your sim should be back to normal.

The good news is, this does not seem to be a regularly recurring problem - my sim has not suffered the "blue face" malady ever again.
*jolrei crosses fingers and toes

Tribulatio proxima est
ravenwaift
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 22, 20:55:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Look in the inventory of the affected sim and see if there is the ReNuYu Orb there. I had a similar problem and ended up killing the sim, but I later came across a thread somewhere where someone had said that they kept having the blue face until they removed the ReNuYu Orb from the teen's inventory.

I never had a chance to check it out, since I killed the sim, but it is worth a try. Otherwise, it is easily fixable with a mirror, but annoying.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 23, 04:03:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...hmm... very strange, but refreshing, nonetheless, to know I'm not alone. It may be worth noting that I used the debug mode to change to teen, via *set to birthday, however I did this to TWO sims, and only the one had the 'face malfunction'... no ReNuYu orb or anything like that.. bleh. This game is so riddled with errors that it's maddening, (but that's why we've got Pescado and crew, right?  Wink and yet it's so amazingly fun and diverse..
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 23, 14:45:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Last night I encountered a marginally similar problem when I went into a saved game.  As you can see, Noo-boo was an S1 at birth:

When I went back to the house last night:

Tried bathing him, but it did no good.  If anything, he looked worse:

He aged to a toddler successfully, yay.

Again ... no clue why this happened.  It's a small neighborhood, so I don't foresee BFBVFS.  Another case of life ... or TS2 ... is just like that, I guess.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Rose Outlaw
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 23, 15:21:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Doesn't Noo-Boo's "skin" colour change look more like a lightning than like a texture issue?
The second pic at least reminds me of what happened when you used the original baby blanket while also having one version of GunMod's lightning hack installed.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 23, 16:19:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He does look kind of fried.  I don't have any baby blankets or lightning hacks, however.  I don't recall whether it was raining, but I know they did not go outside the house.  When I saved, he was in Dad's arms, on the way to the bedroom. 

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 24, 05:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I may have been the one who posted about experiencing the blue-face whilst carrying the RenuYu Senso Orb in my teens' inventories, but now I think the blue-face was probably related to the InTeenimator, and that the orb-in-inventory was most likely a coincidence. I only got blue-faced teens that one time, and never again after removing the InTeen, though I haven't tried putting any ReNuYu orbs in inventory since then, either.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 24, 06:51:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....I don't use kitten killers...

Tongue
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 24, 13:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...but now I think the blue-face was probably related to the InTeenimator, and that the orb-in-inventory was most likely a coincidence. I only got blue-faced teens that one time, and never again after removing the InTeen, though I haven't tried putting any ReNuYu orbs in inventory since then, either.

While your conclusion is logical, based on your personal experience, notveryawesome, I would note that my own experience suggests that the blue face glitch is probably only coincidental with the orbs and with InTeen.  I had a blue face problem only once (so far) and there was no InTeen or Orb in my game (still aren't.  Consequently, I would say it remains a mystery bug that just happens from time to time (trans: "I have no bloody idea why").  Anyhow, happily it's reasonably easy to fix, and does not seem to be a symptom of major problems.

Tribulatio proxima est
VacantBlue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 24, 15:06:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had this happen to 2 Sims - one was a in-the-game born Sim as a teen and the other was Alexander Goth as a child. 

I have never, ever had the kitten killer installed in my game.  In fact, when this occurred, I had no hacks whatsoever installed.  No face paint was used on these Sims - I very, very rarely use face paint.  I had no custom skins of any sort installed - not a fan of the lard-laden-makeup-for-all-genders look.

Alexander Goth was still a child and had the same clothes, hair, glasses as he has when you begin the game.  He had nothing nor had he ever had anything in his inventory.  I had never changed his appearance.  When I entered the house - he was simply standing in the foyer with a blue face.  Going to the mirror and changing his appearance did not change his features and corrected the situation.

The in-the-game born teen Sim (born of Maxis Sims) - aged with a birthday cake a few days earlier - had only a custom hair - clothes were Maxis and no glasses, no face paint, no facial hair, no accessories.  It was a custom hair from SimCribbling that I had used on several other Sims without issue.  He had never used the ReNuYuSenso Orb nor was it in his inventory - had nothing in his inventory.  He was wearing a thinking a cap at the time.  When I went to change his appearance in the mirror - all of his facial features changed - for the better I might add.  The blue face was corrected.  However, every subsequent time - even into adulthood - that I went to the mirror to change his appearance his old ugly face returned; so, I always cancelled out and kept the new face. 

I have never found a reason for the blue face that would explain what happened to my 2 Sims.  I believe that both instances occurred at some point after Pets was installed.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 25, 00:33:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a blue faced teen eons ago with only the base game.  It happened (pre-kitten killer) after deleting a bunch of crappy CC which not only included his eyebrows, but eye colour and maybe even skintone. 
Though I'd likely deleted at least one 'part' from every Sim in the neighbourhood in the big purge, he was the only blue face.
A quick 'change appearance' fixed it permanently, once it stopped amusing me (which took most of his teen years, because that really is a good one!)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 27, 00:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This just happened to me the other day, too, when my teen aged to adult. She had been artificially set to the age of teen with the insimenator after move-in, then played until she reached adult again. Same thing happened with the missing eyebrows. She didn't have a custom skin tone. Very bizarre. It's a fairly new neighborhood, too.

kim
Asinine Airhead

View Profile WWW
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 27, 07:53:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

imsiminator, fix appearance, facelift.
may be other easier and simpler  ways to do it now, but that one still works for me.
then again, who needs eyebrows?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: