More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:40:20

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  When I place an object next to "the great divide" fence, I get a shadow...??
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: When I place an object next to "the great divide" fence, I get a shadow...??  (Read 4229 times)
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
When I place an object next to "the great divide" fence, I get a shadow...??
« on: 2007 August 20, 09:50:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Anyone else experience the "(half)wall of shadow" that appears alongside an object placed next to a 'great divide' fence [the little border meant to separate two different floors (i.e., from carpet to linoleum)]Huh

I explain: I've never noticed this, but... I placed a square section of carpet over wood just around my sofa and entertainment center, and surrounded it with the border. upon rotating the screen a bit, I noticed that there was something like a transparent-black fence right where the border met the edge of an object (in this case, a recliner, unreclined, and a bookcase. to me, it would appear it's a lighting error of sorts, causing the objects to cast shadows upon the 'fence' I just placed... even though it's only an inch or two off the ground... I DO have Gunmod's Radiance lighting (MTS2) and Numenor's lighting hack to go along with, and am running all expansions plus GLS and FFS. The only other hacks I have really are Flying Fish Systems ones...  also, I've just noticed I have nearly the same problem when placing nect to walls... hmmm...
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: When I place an object next to "the great divide" fence, I get a shadow...??
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 20, 10:27:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I haven't noticed that. I suspect Gunmod's lighting hack.
The divider works as a room separator so the lighting hack would end its light at it.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Re: When I place an object next to "the great divide" fence, I get a shadow...??
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 21, 05:18:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get those too, especially chairs.  Not currently using Gunmods lighting hack, haven't gotten around to install it.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 22, 11:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Every Fence used indoors and with Walls up causes Wallshadows from Objects to get visible. The Game sees Fences as Walls.
Azrael
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 23, 04:42:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I kind of figured that was the case... any chance someone could fix that..? I apologize if this isn't the right place to post a request, but...
I mean, I would think that's kind of broken, wouldn't you agree?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 23, 14:38:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numenor over at MTS2 seems to be pretty good at fixing weird shadows -- you might want to leave a request for him (her?) there.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 23, 14:43:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Numenor over at MTS2 seems to be pretty good at fixing weird shadows -- you might want to leave a request for him (her?) there.

Numenor is definitely male.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 24, 02:02:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Windkeeper (formerly at MTS2, now at TSR) has also done lots of shadow fixes, but I'm not sure if she takes requests.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 24, 13:07:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think Windkeeper has more or less retired.
A shame really; she is brilliant.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: