More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 06:40:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Replacement thought bubbles
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Replacement thought bubbles  (Read 3870 times)
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
Replacement thought bubbles
« on: 2007 August 23, 18:39:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I did a search on this first.  I truly did.

As you know, Pleasure Sims and Grilled Cheese Sims have Family Sim thought bubbles.  Usually I just ignore stuff that bugs me or isn't "realistic," but it is starting to irritate me to see Pleasure Sims constantly thinking of marriage and babies.  I've read the commentary and everybody agrees *that* it happens, but does anyone know of a hack or mod to change the thought bubbles to what they ought to be?

(Also, why can EAxis manage to make zombies think about brains, but not Pleasure Sims think about bubble blowers?)

PB

BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Replacement thought bubbles
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 23, 22:16:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be cool, but any hack for that should stick to objects found in the base game and Nightlife -- no bubble blowers, as they are only in University.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 23, 22:41:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

well you could always use the cheat

showheadlines off = "Make all thought and speech balloons invisible"

it's not exactly what your looking for but better then nothing if it's bothering you that much.

MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 23, 22:58:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, I hate the showheadlines off one. It doesn't just hide the thought bubbles, it hides the announcement ones, too. I often miss the ones that say "get your sim up, it's time for work". What kind of half-ass shit was that to program in?
broo
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 24, 00:40:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I can't believe I never noticed that Undecided Althought it's kind of interesting. Maybe those pleasure sims dream of settling down, having some kids, ya know... Wink Nah... Roll Eyes Would be fun if sims could do that tho.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 24, 00:42:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ya know, I hate the showheadlines off one. It doesn't just hide the thought bubbles, it hides the announcement ones, too. I often miss the ones that say "get your sim up, it's time for work". What kind of half-ass shit was that to program in?
It's for movies, it stops all the headline bubbles from showing up so they don't interrupt your filming.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 24, 01:13:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I like the thought bubbles. I don't make Sim movies, and I often include the thought and speech bubbles in my stories.  I just don't care for the fact that they're "wrong" for Pleasure Sims.  Oh, well.

PB

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 24, 01:42:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I include them in my pics a lot, regardless of whether the subject goes with it or not. I often replace the icon in the bubble. Actually, I edit quite a few of my pics for my "official" albums. Usually it's just to merge a couple pics so the story's not ridiculously long. Often it's to filter the effects of no censor + ACR + cock mod + nekkedness.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 24, 14:47:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to go with the flow of whatever my sims seem to want to do at the time (fulfil wants, etc.), with a general idea of how things should unfold (i.e. whether sim wants baby or not, if they're in the hood gene pool and we need a new generation, sim gets baby).  Consequently, I get some interesting moments where thought bubbles don't seem to coincide with directed actions.  Example:  Mummy sim directed to encourage son to be more serious resulted in first a woohoo purple heart bubble, followed by mummy grabbing her abdomen and getting the soother? (am I pregnant) bubble.  It looked like she was giving him "the talk".

Like all good kids, the son stood there looking bored throughout.

I personally, will keep the thought bubbles, precisely because they're "off".  Moar fun.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: