More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 21:39:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Legacy family sizes
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Legacy family sizes  (Read 4564 times)
Brookemz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Legacy family sizes
« on: 2007 August 18, 23:13:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what exactly does everyone do with their legacy families when they get up to 8 people in the family?  I mean, if each generation is supposed to have 2 children.....the family grows really fuckin quickly.....I've resorted to murdering my sims to make room for babies.

So, any alternatives to this? Grin
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
Re: Legacy family sizes
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 18, 23:32:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do whatever you want and don't have two kids if you don't care to? I'm a firm believer in challenges as inspiration, not restriction.

But seriously, I'm in an Alphabet Challenge right now in the 11th generation. At Gen 6, a Gen 3 woman took her quest for immortality to the next level and drank the whole 'hood. All playables except the All Knowing Mimetm. Since then, most everyone went to live downtown as the 'hood had been "cleansed" by the Oversoul and was a drab, grilled-cheese-zombie filled place. Downtown is my black hole. One Gen 9 girl went insane and was shipped to the asylum. The other lives with her resurrected husband and twin teenage boys and four dogs, doing the "Jefty is Five" thing. Gen 10 was just one child as mom was a lesbian and had her via nanosperm with her life partner. And Gen 11...well, I'm not sure what will be happening with the extra(s). I've been focusing on my Free Love Cult instead. (Sort of polygamy, but not patriarchal. Equal with multiple wives/husbands as the mood takes them. Basically, I'm testing how many sims I can get to display on my UI).

Dang, my 'hoods are weird.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Brookemz
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 18, 23:51:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

At Gen 6, a Gen 3 woman took her quest for immortality to the next level and drank the whole 'hood.

rofl......damn.....I never thought of doing that!   hehehe Cheesy

Madame Mim
Retarded Reprobate

Tards, Damned Tards and You Were Adopted.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 19, 00:53:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Of course if you play boring hoods like me you could just use the lotfullofsims mod to allow there to be more than 8 sims in a family. It was started by Doc Doofus and updated by Jordi. You'll have to wander over to MTS2 and search for it though as I don't think there's a current version here ATM.

Mia kusenveturilo estas angiloplena.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 19, 06:02:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Jordi has his own section on the kitten killer site now.  You can find the lotfullofsims hack here.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 19, 07:14:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, what exactly does everyone do with their legacy families when they get up to 8 people in the family?  I mean, if each generation is supposed to have 2 children.....the family grows really fuckin quickly.....I've resorted to murdering my sims to make room for babies.

So, any alternatives to this? Grin

I'm not sure I understand this.  If each generation has two children, and no more than two, and *you are letting them age,* there shouldn't be more than eight sims on the lot anyway. 

You can send them to college and not play them; you can move them out and not play them. . .actually, unless you're using the cowplant or Rodney's Death Creator, murdering sims takes a little while, and on a legacy lot, officially you can't use Rodney's Death Creator. 

Most of my legacy sims die boring permaplat deaths, but I did kill off a teenager by disease  (the "real" way takes a long time), a legacy spare's wife by cowplant, and a spare's husband by scissors.  Scissors is my favorite death.

PB

Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 19, 07:58:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do whatever you want and don't have two kids if you don't care to? I'm a firm believer in challenges as inspiration, not restriction.

But seriously, I'm in an Alphabet Challenge right now in the 11th generation. At Gen 6, a Gen 3 woman took her quest for immortality to the next level and drank the whole 'hood. All playables except the All Knowing Mimetm. Since then, most everyone went to live downtown as the 'hood had been "cleansed" by the Oversoul and was a drab, grilled-cheese-zombie filled place. Downtown is my black hole. One Gen 9 girl went insane and was shipped to the asylum. The other lives with her resurrected husband and twin teenage boys and four dogs, doing the "Jefty is Five" thing. Gen 10 was just one child as mom was a lesbian and had her via nanosperm with her life partner. And Gen 11...well, I'm not sure what will be happening with the extra(s). I've been focusing on my Free Love Cult instead. (Sort of polygamy, but not patriarchal. Equal with multiple wives/husbands as the mood takes them. Basically, I'm testing how many sims I can get to display on my UI).

Dang, my 'hoods are weird.
Zazazu, you.. officially.. are in my book of rockness. I would LOVE to play in your sandbox. lmao

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 20, 04:18:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Move out the Spares or the most annoying Spouse.
I haven't played that one in eons, and had a full house as soon as Gen2 bred. Founder/Spouse, Firstborn/Spouse/Child, Secondborn/Spouse/child...

Because full lots are more interesting, I kept the house full. Sims died and were replaced by spouses or children for the next generation.
I do recall once having to make the decision because I wanted the Gen3 pregnant heiress to be marry in her fiance.
The house had her parents, her uncle (spare) cousin/spouse/child.

Because her cousin was a romance Sim and his spouse (Kaylynn the maid) was a horrible mother and everyone hated her anyway... I just moved her out.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 20, 05:54:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd also suggest using TwoJeff's age duration mod which you can find here on inteen. It adjusts the adult and elder lifespans to something more sensible - no more 30 sim days of perma-plat elder which annoyed the hell out of me when I played my first legacy. Combine that with Jordi's updated LotFullOfSims (see above) and you should have enough flexibility.

Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 20, 14:53:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tend to move out extra sims (i.e. the spares) into the townie pool using Insim's Family Tree.  I don't generate townies in my hoods, so a few extra bodies walking around just tends to fill out the hood, rather than overpopulate it.  I also restrict couples to one spawn, unless I really like the couple's genetics.  (I re-roll LTW if I have a family sim that wants to have 6 kids - that's just irresponsible).

This only works if you don't mind that a Gen2 spawn might still be around as a townie when his great-great-great grand nephew is an elder.  Personally, I don't bother to time synch my hoods.  Each family lives on its own timeline and ages as I see fit.  They also progress through uni at different paces, depending on whether I get obsessed with the life of one particular student.  Right now I'm trying to get more kids in the hood, so I'm playing couples until they have spawn at the child stage, and then I leave them like that for a bit.

Only the heir (and elder parents) stay in the legacy family home, the rest get to be townies after university, until I need them again for marrying in.  This could be several generations later.  That way I don't lose the genes and don't have to have houses for all of them.  Unwanted ones can ultimately be killed by satellite for the resale value of the scrap metal.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: