More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 19:49:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will the Gardener Ever Be Fixed? Or is it just me?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will the Gardener Ever Be Fixed? Or is it just me?  (Read 5064 times)
Beckett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Will the Gardener Ever Be Fixed? Or is it just me?
« on: 2007 August 17, 18:24:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I looked through the posts, but the last time anyone mentioned this problem was back when Nightlife came out.

I don't know how long this has been broken, but I seem to recall a time when the gardener wasn't too squeamish to walk on the plants so that he could reach those against the house. Not only that, but he could water them from ANY angle, not just the little notched edge.

Now, though, all the gardener does is take care of the plants that are not "blocked" by anything else, which includes other plants, fences, etc. So, those plants get overgrown and die. It makes it really tough to have a hedge maze or flower field, or even beds that utilize the diagonal flowers on the ends to line up with the house.

Is there a hack or a patch besides perfect plants that will fix this? I don't really care for plastic plants, either, since they just clutter up the build and buy catalogs. I have all the expansions and stuff packs. Or, is it just that my game has really lazy and picky gardeners?
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
Re: Will the Gardener Ever Be Fixed? Or is it just me?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 17, 20:15:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed this, but then again, since Seasons, I have been making all my sims garden obsessively.

pixiejuice
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 17, 23:27:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My gardener sucks too!  I have to move all my shrubs away from any walls, and the half-flowers away from borders before he'll touch them.  It is annoying, but I don't remember it ever being different.

yet another sims 2 blog: http://lakesideheights.blogspot.com/
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 18, 01:16:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think we're all using the plastic plants hack or the plastic plant downloads, at this point. For corners, I always use the plastic ones for the corners and angles against the building, and the plain ones for everything else, pulled in a direction with nothing blocking them. That way I still have the gardener come and do useful things, but I avoid all the stomping and handwaving.

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 18, 02:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just use TwoJeffs' alwaysperfectplants and don't even worry about it. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
KatEnigma
Axe Murderer
Souped!

ENFJ

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 18, 06:08:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't want them to be always perfect, so I have the plastic ones.  Grin If I don't have an excuse for the gardener to come and stay longer than 2 seconds, how could I fulfill all those WooHoo with X Service Sims wants?

"There is a tragic flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president."

- Kurt Vonnegut
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 18, 22:21:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

but I seem to recall a time when the gardener wasn't too squeamish to walk on the plants so that he could reach those against the house.

My gardeners have always thrown hissy fits when they can't reach plants because they are too close to the house or otherwise obstructed.  Ditto for my Simmies. 

Which is rather stupid since the plants aren't obstructed on all sides.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 18, 23:18:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I don't want them to be always perfect, so I have the plastic ones.  Grin If I don't have an excuse for the gardener to come and stay longer than 2 seconds, how could I fulfill all those WooHoo with X Service Sims wants?
Bartenders. Call 'em over, and tackle them before they can say "Where's the party?". I haven't seen a gardener since Nightlife, first due to plastic plants and now due to alwaysperfect. Messy-looking plants make things not pretty.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 20, 05:03:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still use Inge's NoCareFlowers_patch from ages ago, it makes the Maxis flowers decorative.
I prefer it to TJ's because it also prevents butterflies (which I found distracting, particularly when they were oblivious to the walls and would flutter around inside)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Beckett
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 21, 16:49:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the input, everyone. Since I have tons of downloads already, I guess I'll go with the perfect plants hack again. I wish there was a cheat that would let you "clean-up" a messy garden. That way, the gardener could come, take care of the plants he/she could reach, stomp and moan about the others, leave, then I'd cheat and fix the rest of them so they didn't die. Oh well, maybe when the next EP comes out they'll bork something that will make gardeners attack plants from all sides again. One can always wish.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: