More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 29, 18:40:49

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  House Crashing Game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: House Crashing Game  (Read 3107 times)
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
House Crashing Game
« on: 2007 August 17, 09:51:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I DL a house which IS base game compatible. I ran the pack, and it installed to the default directory (which I presume is teleport <as this is the default dir listed when using clean installer>)

The house shows up in the House bin, yet when I click on it to place it, it crashes the game.  Problem now is, that I am unable to delete it from the Bin as the second I click on it to highlight it, the game crashes. I am therefore unable to delete it from the bin in the conventinal method (clicking on the Bin Icon on the bottom left of the lot bin).

Is there any way I can find out where this house is stored in the game folder and delete it manually???

I looked under D:\EA Games\The Sims 2\Neighborhoods\N004\Lots and there are lots numbered from 1 - 200 (although there are a few numbers misisng in bewteen)

Please help, this is not a major issue, but knowing that its there is gonna irritate the shit out of me :-)

Thanks in advance

Lee

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
Simsample
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: House Crashing Game
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 17, 13:38:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Should be in My Documents\ EA Games\ The Sims 2\ Lot Catalog. View them with Clean Installer to find the one you need.
jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 17, 13:42:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be the last one (highest number) in there. Delete from there to uninstall it.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 17, 14:04:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It should be the last one (highest number) in there. Delete from there to uninstall it.

Sort by date in windows explorer and delete latest lot (or lot corresponding to date on which you loaded the problem house).  As Jordi says, should be the highest numbered lot as well.

Tribulatio proxima est
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 17, 15:50:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks - You guys r just the most awesome eva :-)

Clean Installer did not show any previews, so I took a achance and deleted the whole bang lot of them. Thankfully tho all that did was empty my Bin. The houses all stayed put.

thanks a million - REALLY !!!!!

Lee

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 17, 17:11:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yup, all adding a house to the bin does is add a saved impression of it to the catalog (quite useful when doing row houses or a total theme 'hood, as I've done both), and adding a binned house to the 'hood creates a whole new file in a different folder. So no worries about affecting one when touching the other.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: