More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:20:46

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  Anti Garden Lag: No Lag From Bugs/Ladybugs
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Anti Garden Lag: No Lag From Bugs/Ladybugs  (Read 60941 times)
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Anti Garden Lag: No Lag From Bugs/Ladybugs
« on: 2007 August 15, 10:44:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

antigardenlag.zip

Anti Garden Lag for TS2Seasons
Made by: Flying Fish Systems (J. M. Pescado)

Congratulations to: Draklixa!

Special Thanks To:
Hobbsee the Scrawny Pencil Neck
Fat, Hairy-Bellied Ness
Rohina the Ugly Butted
Fat Gwilly People

INSTRUCTIONS:
Place in your MYDOCU~1\EAGAME~1\THESIM~1\DOWNLO~1 directory.

FEATURES:
The visual effects of bugs and ladybug houses are not displayed, because they
cause horrible lag. This prevents the horrible lag produced by those items.

COMPATIBILITY:
This hack is fully compatible with all FFS hacks. For TS2Seasons.

SIDE EFFECTS:
May cause computer damage, incontinence, explosion of user's head, coma, death,
and/or halitosis.

WARNING:
Do not open, crush, dispose of in fire, put in backwards, short-circuit, or mix
with non-awesome hacks - may explode, leak, or catch fire, resulting in injury
and/or death.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
Re: Anti Garden Lag: No Lag From Bugs/Ladybugs
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 15, 14:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you still get the bugs but you just can't see them?

Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 15, 15:48:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma you got it exactly right.  Not displayed visually but still there. 
Will this be for all bugs including plate/garbage flies or just garden bugs/ladybugs?

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 15, 19:57:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Emma you got it exactly right.  Not displayed visually but still there. 
Will this be for all bugs including plate/garbage flies or just garden bugs/ladybugs?
Just garden bugs, the old plate/garbage flies don't cause any lag.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 16, 01:55:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So it makes the bug infestion of plants and trees invisible?

How will I know when to spray since Macrotastics doesn't make Sims spray infested plants?

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 16, 02:21:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I guess by hovering over the plant, and seeing its health?  Of course, if you keep the plants in a greenhouse, you never have to worry about the bugs...

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 16, 02:39:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How will I know when to spray since Macrotastics doesn't make Sims spray infested plants?
You can't really spray anyway. Either your employees will do this for you, if able, or the gardener will. YOUR sims probably cannot spray anyway, or if they could, Macrotastics will make them. You can only counteract bug infestation with increased drowning at harvest. If you turn your sim into a plant, then he will gain the ability to spray safely. Otherwise, adults and elders which are not robots cannot spray, and whether or not you can see the problem does not change anything.

Besides, if it no longer causes lag, you can just wallpaper the place in ladybug houses, permanently ending the bug problem anyway. After all, the obstacle to placing ladybug houses was previously THE LAG, OH THE LAG...but that's gone now.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 August 16, 02:48:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can manually click on them and see if "spray" or "spray many" show up. they won't show on an uninfested plant.

INFP or something
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 August 16, 03:19:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can only counteract bug infestation with increased drowning at harvest.

So we can safely ignore the bugs? The plants won't die before harvest time arrives?

Otherwise, adults and elders which are not robots cannot spray, and whether or not you can see the problem does not change anything.

But it's safe for kids to spray, right? I've been having the adults do the gardening and the kids do the spraying.

Besides, if it no longer causes lag, you can just wallpaper the place in ladybug houses, permanently ending the bug problem anyway.
Wouldn't a greenhouse be both more economical and visually appealing?

But I'm playing a challenge at the moment and greenhouses are just not in the budget yet.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 August 16, 04:33:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So we can safely ignore the bugs? The plants won't die before harvest time arrives?
They could, but not with other measures taken to improve their health.

But it's safe for kids to spray, right? I've been having the adults do the gardening and the kids do the spraying.
It is safe for kids to spray. Kids will also macrotastically spray as a result, only full adults and elders are not permitted to spray.

Wouldn't a greenhouse be both more economical and visually appealing?
You seem to have confused me with someone else. I never said that. Seriously. Visually appealing? WTF?

pcgeekri
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 August 16, 18:24:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

FYI....

Have no problem with ladybug lag or any other effects running Windows Vista Ultimate 64 bit version with AMD Athlon 64 Dual Core with a Nvidia 8500 Video card and 2 GB of system memory.

Later,

Pcgeekri
Bruce Banner
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 August 16, 19:24:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Smiley Monique has a hack at either InSim or MTS2 that pops up a notification box when plants/trees need watering/spraying/trimming or harvesting and Jfade has a hack so that adult sims can safely spray their trees and plants as much as they want  Smiley
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: 2007 August 16, 20:18:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teens can macro/garden spray. On the other hand though, the gardener doesn't spray the bug infested trees/plants.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 August 16, 21:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My teens can macro/garden spray. On the other hand though, the gardener doesn't spray the bug infested trees/plants.

There's no teen or child plantsim, so they're safe from turning. Gardeners are adults, so they're not safe.

INFP or something
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 August 17, 03:08:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The Gardener, as hired from Maxis, will, but he does it so slowly that he may not ever get around to doing it if the problem is really bad and there are many other things to do.

There's no teen or child plantsim, so they're safe from turning. Gardeners are adults, so they're not safe.
Child/teen/YAs cannot become plantsims. The Gardener is an adult or elder, so isn't safe, but he's an NPC, so who cares?

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: 2007 August 17, 06:27:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had the gardener visit, say 'Your plants are perfect!' (or whatever) and bogged off when everything has been teeming with bugs. I have the daily gardener so there isn't 3 days worth of work on lot.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 August 17, 07:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish that this hack included an option for adult sims to spray, then choose if they wanted to be vulnerable to plantsimism, or not. There are times I want sims to be plantsims and I prefer to do it the long way rather than just use the debugger.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 August 17, 07:17:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This hack has nothing to do with spraying or not spraying. Adults always have the OPTION to spray, it's just that Macrotastics will not direct them to do so because it is not a "safe" operation. Macrotastics only performs "safe" operations and will not do anything that runs the risk of altering your sim's state.

Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 August 17, 07:32:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just wish macrotastics included spraying for adults.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 17, 15:35:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I just wish macrotastics included spraying for adults.
That is not considered a "safe" operation so it is disabled for adults and elders. Macrotastics will not intentionally perform unsafe operations that carry high probability of state damage. If Jfade adds a modprobe hook so that anti-plantsimism code can be detected, we can support this check, but otherwise there is no way to determine.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 August 17, 15:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know what I did wrong.

I removed djssensibleladybugs from my hack folder. And put this one in. I still got lightning bugs and bug infestation bugs. I couldn't afford a ladybug house, so I don't know about it. I didn't see butterflies, although maybe they just come out in certain seasons? It was fall during my test. Are we still supposed to get lightning bugs and butterflies? I don't see how to catch them if we don't.

I placed the mod in my ZNEW folder, where I always place new hacks before deciding to keep them or not. Is there anything that would affect this because of load order? I don't have any other mods affecting bugs, and no conflicts show with HCDU.

I would have done further tests, but decided that I must have forgot to put the mod in. So I got out of the game and was surprised to find out that I actually did have it installed properly.

jacay
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 August 17, 16:28:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm having the same problem. I can't see ladybugs, but I still see the pests.

Edit: I think this hack borked my water many option, too, because it started working again when I took this hack out. I took out another non-awesome one that gave sims fun and body when they gardened, but it doesn't seem like that should have had any effect on water many. I could be wrong! Anyway, I have no other gardening hacks.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 17, 16:44:35 by jacay » Logged
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 August 18, 12:09:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I ran the game again today and added ladybug houses. No ladybugs, but I get pests. I actually like it this way. I like sending 'safe' Sims to spray when I see them.

So since I like it this way, it will probably start working as intended the next time I load it. Tongue

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 August 18, 13:25:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's possible preexisting ones don't go away if they're already out, and it only stops new ones from appearing.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 August 18, 19:59:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

These were new 'pests' because I planted the first garden on that lot after the mod was installed.

Like I said, I like it this way, but don't understand why it would be different in different games.

Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: