More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 15:23:12

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  Awesomeware
| |-+  The Armory
| | |-+  No Unneeded Coats
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: No Unneeded Coats  (Read 75568 times)
Apsalar
Asinine Airhead

Enraged Recruit

View Profile
Re: No Unneeded Coats
« Reply #50 on: 2007 July 31, 15:01:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The snow and temperature are actually entirely decoupled from each other. It is entirely possible to have snow, even snow accumulation, during the SUMMER when it's ROASTING HOT. This is actually amazingly funny to do with the weather machine. Personally, I think the weather machine should have only had the option for precipitation, and what you'd actually get would have depended on the temperature. As it stands, I have to change it MANUALLY, as I leave the thing on something most of the time to banish that Accursed Sun.
A usual charming eaxian solution then. I guessed as much. You're a force of nature, but not even an apocalypse can block out the sun Wink Thanks anyway.

Never argue with idiots. They bring you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
ApatiaMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #51 on: 2007 September 05, 21:29:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i wish an hack that will disable the "auto change cloth"
so i will decide if my sims have to wear o coat or not...  Undecided
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #52 on: 2007 September 06, 20:02:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've noticed that, since the last Pets patch, my uni streakers are suddenly wearing winter clothing, EVEN THOUGH I HAVE NOT YET INSTALLED SEASONS, and it's irritating me no end. I suppose the only solution is to install Seasons, so this behaviour at least makes some sense. Stupid EA.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #53 on: 2007 September 07, 12:40:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can your sims be wearing winter clothing in PETS? There *ARE* no winter clothings in ZOMGPETS!!!111oneoneone. This hack isn't even supposed to be installed in ZOMGPETS!!!111oneoneone!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #54 on: 2007 September 07, 18:56:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The snow and temperature are actually entirely decoupled from each other. It is entirely possible to have snow, even snow accumulation, during the SUMMER when it's ROASTING HOT. This is actually amazingly funny to do with the weather machine.

Someone at EA must have lived in Michigan at some point.  We've been known to have snow in July here.  :p

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
dizzy
Souped!

unplugged

View Profile
« Reply #55 on: 2007 September 07, 19:20:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You ever get two feet of snow when it's 90 degrees outside? I've seen that in the game at one of my dorms (without any help from any hack).

Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #56 on: 2007 September 07, 19:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You ever get two feet of snow when it's 90 degrees outside? I've seen that in the game at one of my dorms (without any help from any hack).

Umm, no, nothing quite *that* extreme (although with climate change being what it is these days, I wouldn't be surprised if we do.)

We have, however, had such heavy snowfall on the morning of Oct. 31 that a disgruntled Halloween-loving friend of mine built a snowman and gave it a jack o' lantern head.

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: 2007 September 08, 00:25:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are y'all sure it's snow in the summer?  Summer has hail storms, and as I recall, the hail can accumulate like snow (and because they didn't bother with a different animation, looks like snow on the ground).  That's actually not uncommon in places that get summer hail storms -- I remember times here where there was over 2" of hail accumulation on the ground.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #58 on: 2007 September 10, 15:19:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

How can your sims be wearing winter clothing in PETS? There *ARE* no winter clothings in ZOMGPETS!!!111oneoneone. This hack isn't even supposed to be installed in ZOMGPETS!!!111oneoneone!

I don't know, but my streaker now wears a brown bomber-jacket and grey trousers. It makes no sense.

ETA: I don't have this hack installed. I suspect that the sudden transformation has something to do with EAxis 'preparing' the game for the new EP, sort of like the weird haircolour changes that the maids underwent after the first Pets patch (I think that's when it happened). EAxis, for some reason, had included some Seasons code in Pets. I think that's what happened this time, as well. It's completely stupid, but this is EAxis we're taking about.
« Last Edit: 2007 September 10, 15:24:57 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
lkekumu
Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #59 on: 2008 May 10, 04:01:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm running into a problem between this mod & Vacation Hotel Doors.

If this mod is installed & the vacation hotel doors are locked I can't use room service. What happens is that the tray disappears immediately after the bell Hop pulls the tray out. if the door is unlocked, he will deliver the food, but then my room gets swamped with non-playables raiding the food. Additionally the door options change - you can not set Do Not Disturbe - it does not even show up on the door.

I had to narrow this down by removing all mods & eliminating what worked & what didn't. I found that nounneededcoats & noinstantlove both cause the same thing to happen. It is not a matter of having conflicting mods installed. This happens when all other mods are removed & only nouneededcoats is installed. It also happens if noinstantlove is the only mod installed.

Without either of these mods, the Hotel Doors work as they should - they can be locked, you order room service & it gets delivered. If either one of these mods is installed you can order room service but the tray disappears immediately if the door is locked. Unlocking the door allows the tray to be delivered but then you have to fight off all of the non-playables who converge on the room to get at the food.

nouneededcoats probably has to do with the Function - Portal - SG BHAV, but I have no idea why noinstantlove would cause problems with this but it does :/
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #60 on: 2008 May 10, 07:30:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do not think this is a related problem, but more a general bugginess with room service, since noinstantlove does not have ANYTHING to do with any BHAV tree that forms any part of Room Service, there are no errors, and room service works fine in my game. However, Room Service is notoriously buggy.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #61 on: 2008 May 10, 14:08:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a hack out there somewhere that fixes (most) of the room service problems -- I have it, and haven't had problems with the room service since.  I'll see if I can track down the source (or you can ask in the Podium "fail at google" thread).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Pages: 1 2 [3] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: