More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 23:13:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Fine control of wants/fears
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Fine control of wants/fears  (Read 3394 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Fine control of wants/fears
« on: 2007 August 11, 12:13:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I know there are various mods out there which deal with preventing inappropriate wants/fears popping up but I'm wondering if there is a way of giving me more control over exactly what fears/wants are rolled for a sim i.e. to add or remove a specific want/fear.

My problem is that I have a teenage fortune sim that I want to send to uni in aspiration failure. Although her aspiration level is bobbing between mid to full red she has a want to go to university. As I understand it, this want will be filled at the point she starts uni/ages up to YA and the 10,000 points will push her at least into green and possibly gold aspiration. I've tried rerolling the wants using the lot debugger but the uni want keeps appearing (which makes sense for fortune sim). I've also tried to engineer the odd event that might trigger a different major want but again that didn't work as the go to uni keeps on re-appearing. She ages to an adult in 7 days. Any suggestions?

jrd
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Fine control of wants/fears
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 11, 12:32:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Wait. The want to go to uni usually disappears on -4 days for my teens.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 11, 13:08:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's almost impossible to go to college in aspiration failure.
It does occationally happen that none of a teen's wants college related, but it's bound to re-roll when they enter the college lot.  The only way I found to ensure aspiration failure was by waiting for the rare moment when none of the want slots were occupied by the college want (dates are handy for that) and use the college adjuster to give the sim 4 want locks, lock them all, then send him to college and remove the extra locks as soon as mission was accompilshed.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 12, 15:31:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I waited and waited for the college want to go away but it didn't, so with less than 24 hours to go until adulthood I opted to use the change aspiration reward while in the red. Tried pleasure first but she still wanted to go to college and on second attempt got grilled cheese. I now have an extremely unhappy sim with a strange obsession for a certain dairy based foodstuff. I've never tried playing one before so if it's too much of a pain I can always change back while at uni.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 12, 18:04:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheese sims are relatively easy to keep happy.  Fulfilling the LTW is a bit of a hassle, but day to day they're not much work.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 12, 18:47:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

For some reason the LTW didn't reroll so she still wants to reach top of the law career. I think I'll use the lot debugger to force it round to the grilled cheese LTW.

cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 12, 19:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you wait that will correct itself ... I had a GC Sim do something similar to me and thought it was cool but when I checked his LTW later it was "Eat 200 GC sandwiches" as usual.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: