More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 21:22:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Meshes, Msehes and Mshees
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Meshes, Msehes and Mshees  (Read 3576 times)
Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Meshes, Msehes and Mshees
« on: 2007 July 26, 20:03:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I know how important <albeit DAUNTING> the thought of meshes are...

But please be patient with the ole stupid one and answer a few MORE questions on them...

I DL a few hunky bodybuilders, from insimadult, and what I thought was the correct meshes. ANYWAYS... some of them wherent, so when ever the sim got naked, all that remained was a head and penis  Shocked

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of a mesh that will prevent this from happening? Ive read somewhere about a shower skin Huh??  Huh

Also, now that im getting the hang of this mesh thing, can I place meshes in a seperate folders in my downloads dir and then obviously in subfolders named after the person Ive downloaded? ie : DL\Meshes\Persons Name

I believe that DL sims CANNOT be placed in subfolders in the DL dir, but is the same true for the Saved Sims Folder?

Finally I thought I was clever in DL'ing ALL the meshes I could find on a site for body builders, and well, they conflicted and I had to delete them. NOW tho, some of my existing sims, have strange coloured skins and white hair with coloured numbers on it  Tongue Yet the "Skin and I presume Mesh" is still in my pre-made sims section when I go to create a new one...

Is there any way I can re-install default skins or do I have to re-install the entire game?

Guys sorry to be a pain in asking a question Im sure has been asked many times before.

Thanks a million times in advance

Lee

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Meshes, Msehes and Mshees
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 26, 20:28:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why don't you read the threads where you downloaded the meshes from? 
There are showerproof skins, linked to different body meshes.  If you read the threads carefully they contain all the information you need, and if not, you can ask there.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 26, 20:40:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok so I know how important <albeit DAUNTING> the thought of meshes are...

But please be patient with the ole stupid one and answer a few MORE questions on them...

I DL a few hunky bodybuilders, from insimadult, and what I thought was the correct meshes. ANYWAYS... some of them wherent, so when ever the sim got naked, all that remained was a head and penis  Shocked

Now, can anyone point me in the direction of a mesh that will prevent this from happening? Ive read somewhere about a shower skin Huh??  Huh

You need to make sure you have the shower-proof version of a mesh and skintone for it to appear when the sim is nekkid. These should be on insimadult as I've got them there in the past. A lot of the mesh/skintones are supplied in both shower-proof and normal versions. Check the readme/thread info and make sure you only have the showerproof versions installed. That means both the mesh and the skintone that links to the showerproof mesh. If you have 2 versions of the same skintone and/or mesh whichever one loads last is the one you'll get in game. If it's the non-showerproof one then you'll ge the floating head + CrammyBoy's penis.

Also, now that im getting the hang of this mesh thing, can I place meshes in a seperate folders in my downloads dir and then obviously in subfolders named after the person Ive downloaded? ie : DL\Meshes\Persons Name

Yes, I'd definitely recommend this so that if you need to update/remove/replace content it will be easy to find. I normally put the custom mesh + skintones in it's own folder then create sub-folders under that for each associated clothing mesh + recolours.

I believe that DL sims CANNOT be placed in subfolders in the DL dir, but is the same true for the Saved Sims Folder?

I have all my downloaded MATY sims in a sub-folder under downloads and those that have custom content are in their own subfolder under this along with the CC. They all work fine in my game with all EPs installed.

Finally I thought I was clever in DL'ing ALL the meshes I could find on a site for body builders, and well, they conflicted and I had to delete them. NOW tho, some of my existing sims, have strange coloured skins and white hair with coloured numbers on it  Tongue Yet the "Skin and I presume Mesh" is still in my pre-made sims section when I go to create a new one...

Is there any way I can re-install default skins or do I have to re-install the entire game?

That sounds like your sim's skintone is the texture not found replacement. When I removed all my bodybuilder downloads (mesh + skintones) the affected sims simply reverted to the default EAxis S1 skintone/body type.

You do not have to reinstall the entire game. You have several options:
Fix the affected sims in SimPE (preferable if you plan on them having babies).
Delete the mesh and load the game/sims, let the sims revert to normal body S1 skintone/bodyshape and save the game.
There is a mod on MTS2 that allows you to switch skintone (and therefore linked mesh) NB this will not affect the DNA used to determine baby skintone so you may be storing up future problems.

Ultimately what you need to do is decide on the bodybuilder meshes that you want to use.
Install those meshes + skintones that use those meshes.
Install clothes that match the meshes + any recolours you want.

NB there are several flavours of bodybuilder, make sure the meshes match otherwise they will change size/shape when changing clothes.

(You could also check out the comments on the original thread where you got the meshes as you're probably not the only person who's had these problems.)

Dbnguy
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 26, 20:49:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Eevil Cat, thank you.

Youve been a tremendous help.

Will go thru it all on the weekend and see if I cant fix it up. As for SimPE, EEEEEK its more frightening than meshes LOL....

Have made backups religiously of all my downloads etc, so it wont be to difficult to re-install. But will certainly try your suggestions first..

Thanks again

Lee

If at First you don't Succeed - CHEAT
imyourboy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 12, 14:50:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have been reading and reading and I know probably this has been mentioned somewhere but I can't seem to find it.

How in SimPE do you tell which mesh the sim is using and how do you swap it out?

I have a born in game female that was fine at home taking showers but when she went to college and turned into a YA now she only has a head.

I have tried reading and finding how to fix this but I can't, so if you could refrain from poking me with sticks  Shocked and maybe help me understand how to fix her I would appreciate it.

The only thing I have ever done in Sim Surgery is change how one sim looked.  Other than that I have no idea how to change a mesh.  Any help would be appreciated.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: