More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 13:56:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  "House of Fallen Trees" crashes my game
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: "House of Fallen Trees" crashes my game  (Read 30489 times)
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: "House of Fallen Trees" crashes my game
« Reply #25 on: 2005 October 14, 02:45:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay this is some of what I've found in the errors log....

ERROR TSAudio: Duplicate resource instance id found ffed5453 with existing 2026960b:2c3e53d9:ffed5453
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1073)
ERROR TSAudio: Duplicate resource instance id found ffe1cda5 with existing 2026960b:2c3e53d9:ffe1cda5
.\source\TSAudioResourceManager.cpp(1073)
ERROR TSAudio: Duplicate resource instance id found fff8fe49 with existing 2026960b:2c3e53d9:fff8fe49
This goes on and on  and then I get this:

ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (Buy) listed twice in category property set.
.\source\TSAudioMusicManager.cpp(1649)
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (Build) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (CAS) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (NHood) listed twice in category property set.
ERROR TSAudioMusic     : Music category (CAS) listed twice in category property set.

And then this:

ERROR TSObjectFolder: Duplicate Selector GUID 0c400ddf.  First registered: Stair Modular - Deck - Portal - A (def id: 16814 = C:/Documents and Settings/Terry Guidry/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/objects/Numenor_DeckStairs_main.package).  New: Stair Modular - Deck - Portal - A (def id: 16814 = C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 Nightlife/TSData/Res/Objects/objects.package)
.\source\TSObjectFolder.cpp(1436)
ERROR TSObjectFolder: Duplicate Selector GUID 0c400de0.  First registered: Stair Modular - Deck - Bridge (def id: 16810 = C:/Documents and Settings/Terry Guidry/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/objects/Numenor_DeckStairs_main.package).  New: Stair Modular - Deck - Bridge (def id: 16810 = C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 Nightlife/TSData/Res/Objects/objects.package)
ERROR TSObjectFolder: Duplicate Selector GUID 8c7ef57c.  First registered: Sofa - Loveseat - Quaint (def id: 16858 = C:/Documents and Settings/Terry Guidry/My Documents/EA Games/The Sims 2/Downloads/objects/vssofamod.package).  New: Sofa - Loveseat - Quaint (def id: 16858 = C:/Program Files/EA Games/The Sims 2 Nightlife/TSData/Res/Objects/objects.package)

I was able to find the stairs and disable them but it also showed a sofa loveseat which I couldn't find (I'm using clean pak installer to go thru my downloads) but that other stuff above I have no clue what it means....it just makes my eyes glaze over .  Any ideas? And thanks for the help....Tgdry6

Lurking since 2005...and proud of it!

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2005 October 14, 02:58:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What about object errors? Do you have anything that is formatted like this:   (this is a piece of an old object error log from my game when a downtown lot failed to load, just used for example)

Object id: 185
name: Controller - CLP - Community Lot - Populator
Stack size: 5
Error: Invalid constant.
Iterations: 1007
  Frame 4:
    Stack Object id: 0
    Node: 1
    Tree: id 4145 name 'Visitor Age Check' version -32757
    from ControllerTownieGenerator
    Prim state: 0
    Params: 1    Locals:
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2005 October 14, 03:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No nothing that looks like that.....maybe I'm looking in the wrong place?  Or not doing something correctly? Tgdry6

Sims2, Uni, NL, OFB, Glamour,Pets, Seasons , BV, Freetime, Celebration, K&B, Ikea
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2005 October 14, 03:33:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In your logs folder, do you have any called (and this is an example, substitute your own neighborhood and object error numbers):
ObjectError_N001_t19117.txt
Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2005 October 14, 04:15:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I didn't have anything listed like that but I was able to find that sofa loveseat object and disable it and actually got the lot to load....yeah.....I just don't understand why this particular house had issues with the stairs and sofa when the other lots/houses didn't?  This is one crazy game....I guess that's what keeps me playing....thanks again for your suggestions and help....now I can go to sleep and dream about who I want to live there....Tgdry6

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

Contemplator of Fuzzy Things

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2005 October 14, 06:16:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No I didn't have anything listed like that but I was able to find that sofa loveseat object and disable it and actually got the lot to load....yeah.....I just don't understand why this particular house had issues with the stairs and sofa when the other lots/houses didn't?  This is one crazy game....I guess that's what keeps me playing....thanks again for your suggestions and help....now I can go to sleep and dream about who I want to live there....Tgdry6

Hey Tgdry6...

"vssofamod.package" was one that caused my lot to crash too.  I have other modular stairs packages installed, but not the one listed in your error log.

I'm not exactly certain how to read the error message, but I'm fairly certain it has something to do with the ID of the custom object conflicting with the instance of the object it was originally based on.  I don't know all the object GUID stuff.  Maybe some modders could shed some light on it.

As for the other messages about the audio stuff, I get a ton of those messages as well.  I wouldn't be surprised if others did too.
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2005 October 14, 12:27:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG I had a crash because of a sofa too! That sofa is EVIL!! Took me AGES to figure it out too. I didn't have enough sense to check the logs and went through EVERYTHING one by one! Tongue

What site did you guys get that sofa from? I wonder if it was the same one that caused me problems.

In communist China Peggy's hairs cut you!
AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2005 October 14, 15:11:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OMG I had a crash because of a sofa too! That sofa is EVIL!! Took me AGES to figure it out too. I didn't have enough sense to check the logs and went through EVERYTHING one by one! Tongue

What site did you guys get that sofa from? I wonder if it was the same one that caused me problems.

It was something I downloaded recently, so I was able to go back and find the site.  The sofa is here, part of the red set:

http://www.vitasims2.com/sims2objects_5.htm

I've just sent email to the site owner.

Tgdrysix
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2005 October 14, 15:19:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had downloaded that sofa a long time ago....but never used it in any of my houses....and it took me awhile to find it because the error name and the name that came up on the cleanpak were different....I just happen to look in the logs file with my custom content and saw "vssofamod.package" which had the name I was able to locate the sofa with....bam it's gone now!!! I'm going to be alot more careful with the objects I download from now on....Tgdry6

Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2005 October 14, 15:24:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I actually had never used the darned thing in any of my houses either. It was just sitting in my downloads folder. And it was only one of my lots, the largest and most jam packed of my lots, that would crash because of it. It was quite weird.

Now that I look at that page, I don't think it was that particular sofa. It's been a while so I'm not certain on this, but I think the one in question I had the problem with was from Elis and had a much higher polygon count.

AllenABQ
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2005 October 14, 15:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't used the sofa either myself, obviously since I had just downloaded it the same day when Fallen Leaves crashed.  I'm not certain but is it a new mesh and not just a recolor?  We know it had problems with one of Maxis' sofas -- presumably the one it was changing.  Even if its just a recolor, I'm thinking that because houses tend to nab every recolor of any object they contain regardless of whether or not its used (witness how it explodes the size of a packaged lot) that that is part of the reason.

Anyway for me at least two other objects also contributed to the problem, and Tgdrysix had an error on Numenor's modular stairs.

Not certain what we can do to prevent this stuff.  We can say "we'll be more careful" about the objects we download but honestly in a case like this how are you supposed to be careful when you don't even know the object will cause problems until it crashes your game and you've never even used it?

Huh
Motoki
Lord of the Nannies
Uncouth Undesirable

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2005 October 14, 15:57:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes that sofa from vita sims was most certainly a new mesh because I checked it in SimPE. I'm not sure what the issue with Numenor's stairs are. I know some items may give warnings or errors with debug mode on for whatever reason, but manage to reset or fix themselves on their own with debug off and otherwise don't cause problems.

I agree it's hard to be careful when you are downloading a lot of custom content.  Sad I've just tried to be pickier about what I download and only download if I really feel I need it and intend to use it. That doesn't prevent any problems of course, but having less stuff lessens the chance and means there's that many less things to narrow down the cause to. Other than that and checking logs from debug mode when there is a problem, I don't think there are any real solutions.

Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2005 December 02, 21:28:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house doesn't crash for me but what is up with the weird lighting.  It is like it is coded differently than other houses.  No matter how many lights there are it still looks spooky.  I put sim detail and obect detail etc. on full quality and there is definitely something different in the graphics of that house.  I resurrected the Tricous and put all of them in that house minus the elders and I want to use it as their family home but I'm concerned about what I'm seeing.  When Kiernan and Nylissit woohooed in bed for the first time, during the cinematic,his face was distorted but after it was finished he looked fine.  I removed Rainelle to the the cemetary and plan to move Jon and Jenicor's graves to the house.  I don't want to do this if there is a possible way that I might lose their graves due to the house becoming corrupt because of some weird coding.  Anyone notice odd graphics in the house or is it just me?
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2005 December 02, 21:33:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, I can't say I've noticed anything weird. That house is the main one I play. Of course, I've done some major redecorating inside, though.
sabra
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2005 December 02, 21:54:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do believe that both Ellis.ru and Vita sims are loaded with stuff that have extremely high polygon counts.  I never download from either site no matter how attractive the objects look.

Slap me if I'm wrong. Cry
Kochanski
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2005 December 03, 13:56:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The house doesn't crash for me but what is up with the weird lighting.  It is like it is coded differently than other houses.  No matter how many lights there are it still looks spooky.  I put sim detail and obect detail etc. on full quality and there is definitely something different in the graphics of that house.  I resurrected the Tricous and put all of them in that house minus the elders and I want to use it as their family home but I'm concerned about what I'm seeing.  When Kiernan and Nylissit woohooed in bed for the first time, during the cinematic,his face was distorted but after it was finished he looked fine.  I removed Rainelle to the the cemetary and plan to move Jon and Jenicor's graves to the house.  I don't want to do this if there is a possible way that I might lose their graves due to the house becoming corrupt because of some weird coding.  Anyone notice odd graphics in the house or is it just me?

I've noticed the lighting is odd in this house as well and I've also redecorated completely. Mostly in pale colours to try and lighten it up.  Even putting windows all round doesn't seem to brighten it up. I also find that often objects are not correctly illuminated at night especially custom ones. The upstairs bathrooms are especially dark. I've not noticed any other kind of graphical corruption though.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2005 December 03, 15:24:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I haven't noticed the lighting (but I have to keep the lighting levels down anyway) but as NL came with a lot lighting levels cheat, I wonder if that's what they did to that lot. And maybe the same cheat would fix it up for you?

Unsouper
Process Denied
Juvenile Jackass

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2005 December 03, 20:48:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've not heard of the lot lighting cheat.  What is it??  It would be worth a try.  It's weird cause I had the InSIMenators relationship adjuster in the house at night ( it looks like a floating pink balloon).  It is shaded to look 3D and in that house it looks like a flat pink heart--no shading and it barely looks 3D
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2005 December 03, 21:12:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is from MissDoh's post of Nightlife cheats on the AgeSimsCheat thread:

setLotLightingFile [filename]
Allows the player to create a new lighting file with specific lot lighting values.  Used to make special light settings per lot.

I haven't tried it myself, nor do I know how it works. I just remembered it when you said the lighting's weird in that house. I have to keep the lighting low anyway as my graphics card is terrible... but then maybe that would help my split level lot where the lower windows don't light up the bottom level enough to suit me. If you figure it out, let me know  Grin

Unsouper
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #44 on: 2005 December 03, 21:34:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thank you Sagana for pointing out that lighting cheat. I'd moved some of the resurrected Tricou family members into that house in my custom hood and was frustrated over the dim lights. Perhaps Maxis thought they were adding some "atmosphere", but I want to be able to see my sims and take good pics of them.

I looked up the lighting cheat in my Prima guide for Nightlife and this is what it says about it (on page 135)-

"setLotLightingFile [filename]: Change lighting by choosing an alternative lighting file. The original can be found in C:\Program Files\EA GAMES\The Sims 2 Nightlife\TSData\Res\Lights. Place your new lighting file in this folder and use the cheat to specify the file name for the open lot. To restore the lot back to the original lighting settings, input *setLotLightingFile clear*."

I'm going to give that a try as soon as I'm off the 'net. I'm tired of dim lighting.
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2005 December 03, 21:41:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just buy a lot of lamps, and I keep them on all the time, except the bedrooms - in which I change them to Auto Lights at night.

I noticed that the sims like it very much (turned-on lights), and when the lights are turned-off (in the morning), I lose one or two points of environment; the minute I turn the lights on - the environment rate jumps back to full green.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2005 December 03, 21:45:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just leave lights turned on once they're on, and never have them turn off!  Doesn't seem to affect their bills, and it means that sleeping sims still have a good environment score.

Zephyr Zodiac
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2005 December 03, 22:52:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I just tried the setLotLightingFile cheat and it does work. I figured maxis must have put some special dim light file for that lot so I typed "setLotLightingFile clear" in the cheat box and the lot is much brighter than it was before. A major improvement over before. I'd even tried putting in extra lights but it still seemed too dark in that house. Much better now, I'm happy to say.  Smiley
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2005 December 03, 22:56:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm glad it worked :) I sympathize with those that like a lot of light. Even tho I can't really run it on my computer, I do as well. I've been known to break an outside wall as I'd rather have the inside of the house sunlit that much. I'm that way in rl as well - I buy all very high-watt bulb things and take the shades off all the lights in the house. I want it bright :)

I wonder if I can set a file for that cheat that makes the inside of the house lit as much as sunlight without breaking a wall. I'll have to try it :)

Unsouper
Marchioness
Brynne
Smells Like Pee
Souped!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2005 December 03, 23:01:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that probably explains why I didn't have this issue. I already use a modified lighting file...
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: