More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 20:18:18

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does anyone know ....
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does anyone know ....  (Read 3765 times)
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
Does anyone know ....
« on: 2005 December 07, 07:20:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

where I can find something that lets sims autonomously learn the mechanical skill? 

I have created a bunch of sims to leave running on their own to see how they get on.  I have managed to find an autonomous golf course and a punching bag but can't find anything they will learn the mechanical skill on without my direction.   Huh

Any help gratefully accepted! 
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Does anyone know ....
« Reply #1 on: 2005 December 07, 07:39:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I could try making the Skillinator autonomous.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BlueSoup
Super-Deformed Bobblehead
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2005 December 07, 07:40:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll pay 2 subscriptions for that!
Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2005 December 07, 07:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I suppose I could try making the Skillinator autonomous.

WOW!!! It will be wonderful!
Rascal
Corpulent Cretin

Most Awesome Cat - RIP

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2005 December 07, 09:12:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great JM!  Only problem is I only have the base game - does the skillinator work with that?  Really this is just an experiment - I don't expect them to do that well and in fact thought they would all die within a few days, but they have surprised me so now I've got them all jobs and want to see how far they'll go.  I have just downloaded TwoJeffs no friends req hack and will use that when I am running my 'Freewillys'.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2005 December 07, 18:55:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity, with all the other creativity stuff they'll play autonomously, they couldn't have come up with something in the game!  Although, mechanical is one of the fastest skills to learn, I find (at least in the early stages, a sim reading up on mechanical finishes that level faster than a sim getting the same level of charisma.)  What one really needs is a clogged toilet they can never unclog - just to learn on!

Zephyr Zodiac
SIMplyLisa
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2005 December 07, 19:18:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wish they could autonomously fix the shower when it breaks and unclog the toilet instead of whining about the floor being wet! 
Too bad NL didn't include a fix the car and change the oil for mechanical skill points!
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2005 December 07, 19:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Like the simslice Harley back in Sims1 days?  I used to love that!

Zephyr Zodiac
IgnorantBliss
Knuckleheaded Knob

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2005 December 07, 21:49:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pity, with all the other creativity stuff they'll play autonomously, they couldn't have come up with something in the game!  Although, mechanical is one of the fastest skills to learn, I find (at least in the early stages, a sim reading up on mechanical finishes that level faster than a sim getting the same level of charisma.)  What one really needs is a clogged toilet they can never unclog - just to learn on!

That may be true for shy sims, but outgoing sims, on the other hand, will learn charisma faster. Mechanical skill is not connected to any personality streaks, so everyone learns it at the same speed regardless of personality, just like cooking. All other skills can be slowed down or sped up according to personality.

Liz: I'm telling you, this is my year. I feel like the show's going to be great and I'm very positive that I'm going to meet someone else.
Jack: Women your age are more likely to be mauled at the zoo than get married.
ZephyrZodiac
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2005 December 07, 22:10:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe that's why I suddenly noticed how slow it was, most of my sims have outgoing personalities, so I'd never really noticed anything, and it must have been on an occasion when I had one start reading up mechanical at exactly the same time as a shy one started to build charisma!

Zephyr Zodiac
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: