More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 14:38:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Season un-organized my lot catalog?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Season un-organized my lot catalog?  (Read 2331 times)
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Season un-organized my lot catalog?
« on: 2007 August 14, 22:24:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dammit.  I worked forever to get my lot catlog just the way I like it.  Houses ordered by number of bedrooms and then by price, names all coded to tell me what each house had.  Worked fine for a long time.

Seasons gave me a bunch of new lots.  I've finally tired of just messing with Seasons and decided to see if the new lots were worth keeping or needed to be deleted.

Would be fine, but now when I add lots back to an empty catalog the game seems to arrange them in no particular order everytime I open it.  It's a mess.  It's making me crazy(er)!

Is there any fixing this?  Or worse, is it just me?  Or a conspiracy?

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Season un-organized my lot catalog?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 15, 01:22:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Pets changed how the game organized the lot catalogs.  In the past, it kinda stayed the way you set it, but since Pets, it moves newly added custom lots to the front of the catalog, then EP lots (marked with the EP since Pets), then old custom lots.  And it doesn't seem to keep any order other than that.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 15, 18:34:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay! Five minute wait to post!

I'm not sure that the order is as stated. I made three deco lots for Crater City, each containing a bunch of palms and rocks, just to fill the little 1-wide loops in the 'hood. One was 1x5, one 1x4, one 1x3. The 1x5 and the 1x3 appear in the beginning of the catalog, and the 1x4 appears at the end. I only have a few more lots in my catalog...all custom.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
pamysue
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 15, 22:25:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yay!  Finally got in to check for replies!   Wink

Well, I'm glad it's not just me.  And I could have well not noticed after Pets as I didn't put that on until shortly before Seasons.  Just not interested in the whole Pet thing.

I have completely emptied the Lot Catalog now and destroyed all Maxis lots, so I guess I will see what happens when I get done updating lots and move them back in IN ORDER.  Dammit, I like order.  Dammit, EA should allow me to have ORDER!

It's a shame that stupidity isn't painful.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: