More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 30, 12:02:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Nonlocal walkbys?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Nonlocal walkbys?  (Read 3205 times)
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
Nonlocal walkbys?
« on: 2007 August 08, 06:22:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are the chances the nonlocals (those in subhoods) will walkby on the main hood or other subhoods? I know they visit community lots, I get professors there.
I know Pescado has a hack to prevent it, but I want the exact opposite.  I'd like to eventually spread my lots out instead of everyone squished into one hood.
Khan of Wyrms
Nitwitted Nuisance

View Profile
Re: Nonlocal walkbys?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 August 08, 06:50:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I could ever tell, who walks by has nothing to do with whatever sub-'hood they happen to live in.  I wouldn't count on university students walking by though, as they don't seem to get around much off-campus.

If there is one thing we learn from history it is that no one learns anything from history.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 August 08, 07:05:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By default, location has zero influence on walkbys, and walkbys are not predisposed towards being only in places they live, within the following rules: YAs are never walkbys outside of Uni, NPCs are never walkbys on residential lots, and downtownies never visit any non-downtown lot. Everyone else arbitrarily traipses all over the place without regard for locality or interest.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
ScoobyDoo
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 August 08, 07:38:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

By default, location has zero influence on walkbys, and walkbys are not predisposed towards being only in places they live, within the following rules: YAs are never walkbys outside of Uni, NPCs are never walkbys on residential lots, and downtownies never visit any non-downtown lot. Everyone else arbitrarily traipses all over the place without regard for locality or interest.

Ahh ok, I noticed that, thats whats why I was worried. In that case, I can go ahead and move sims around then.  Make my hoods look more higher scale with more space between lots filled with trees and beautification then. Also help on the poor video card too.  *Happy Camper*
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 August 08, 14:18:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YAs are never walkbys outside of Uni, NPCs are never walkbys on residential lots, and downtownies never visit any non-downtown lot. Everyone else arbitrarily traipses all over the place without regard for locality or interest.

"Main hood" sims (playables or townies) don't seem to be walkbys in the Uni either (at least I've not noticed any).  True?

Tribulatio proxima est
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 August 08, 14:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are professors not considered NPC's? I often have them walking around in my main 'hoods, and not just the zombified one in Urban Paradise.

Jorlei, I've never seen a non-Uni walkby at Uni.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 August 08, 15:07:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are professors not considered NPC's? I often have them walking around in my main 'hoods, and not just the zombified one in Urban Paradise.

As far as I know, professors are NPCs - all my dormies/townies are bodyshop/CAS created (except for a couple of SS members that got autocreated when I was testing a mod or two - mmm cowplant fodder), and I have nodormiespawn and notownieregen loaded, so there should be no autocreates going on except NPCs in my hood.  Since the game generates professors as needed, like maids or nannies, this would suggest that they are a type of Uni NPC.  As you say, they do tend to be walkbys outside the uni, but I've only noticed them at community lots, never at residential lots.

Tribulatio proxima est
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: