More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:17:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Social - Sloppy - Belch At error
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Social - Sloppy - Belch At error  (Read 3472 times)
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
Social - Sloppy - Belch At error
« on: 2007 July 30, 03:18:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This could just be a random flukey thing, but I couldn't figure it out.  I traced through the Maxis EA code, and it appears to match properly, so it doesn't seem to be a result of an errant, non-awesome hack.

It could just be a weird flukey thing.  The cow mascot somehow got trapped and locked inside a dormie's room.  Tongue  I wasn't able to go into that dormie's room at the time because my only playable sim on that lot was not friends with the dormie.  But I knew he was stuck in there because I could see him when I went into build mode.  Kaylynn Langerak was stuck in there too.

Anyhew, maybe someone else can figure the error log out better than I can. Undecided

Ste

[attachment deleted by admin]

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Social - Sloppy - Belch At error
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 30, 10:20:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Error logs are all Greek to me, so I can't tell you why it happened.  But one time the maid and a couple of visitors got stuck in a dormie's room and absolutely would not come out (I noticed when a new maid showed up, so I went looking).  I ended up deleting them.  The deleted maid came the next day as usual, and I was able to invite over the deleted visitors, so all turned out well.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 30, 13:43:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The getting stuck wasn't really a problem per se.  I have an idea of how it happened.  My guess is that, when a dormie goes into their room, while the door is open, the maid is able to "sense" that there might be stuff that needs cleaning in there.  In this case, there were pee puddles in the room, most likely due to my tweaked version of nouniprotect.  As a result, the maid tried to clean the puddles up.  Since the dormie either went to sleep or decided to lock their room for whatever reason, the maid couldn't get out.  Supposedly, this shouldn't happen.  But for some reason, I have maids and other NPCs who seem to get stuck behind doors they shouldn't be getting stuck behind.  (I also had a coach NPC get stuck behind a female only bathroom door.  It was his fault for deciding to go in there, while the door had swung open wide enough for him to get in, to nag my playable sim about working out.  He got himself stuck in there, and he couldn't get out.  He ended up dying, finally, after several days, and now he haunts the girls' bathroom. Cheesy)

I vaguely recall seeing a supposed fix for this somewhere... but I can't remember where it was.  MTS2?  Squingeland?  I forgets.  But I never did get around to installing and/or testing it.  *shrugs*

As for the Cow Mascot... pretty much the same deal.  I guess he wanted to go into the room to annoy the dormie.  From the error log, he is trying to do some annoying behaviour, and comes up with Belch At, but the problem is, for some reason, the game chose to Belch At the pee puddle and not another sim.  I dunno how this could happen.  It could be a random flukey thing where the sto got screwed up, or maybe there's something about the code that's screwy, but I didn't catch it. *shrugs*  I suppose I could look in the TEST bhav for that interaction.  Maybe it isn't verifying that the sto is actually a person id and not just some object.

Ste

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 30, 13:59:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay.  I didn't understand the question, obviously   Grin

You know, I was on another forum last night, and one of the builders had a very nice dorm for download, but there was a footnote on it that said, "WARNING:  This lot will kill dormies if you are playing with jmp's maty hacks and locking your playable characters rooms."  It didn't say why.  But I'm wondering if it's related to your problem?

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 30, 15:47:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also had a coach NPC get stuck behind a female only bathroom door.  It was his fault for deciding to go in there, while the door had swung open wide enough for him to get in, to nag my playable sim about working out.  He got himself stuck in there, and he couldn't get out.  He ended up dying, finally, after several days, and now he haunts the girls' bathroom.

Funny.  I got annoyed that the cops were coming (again) to break up a birthday party that ran late, picked up the car and policeman with "moveobjects" and moved them into a doorless garage that I built.  I conveniently built a kitchen with nice flammable stuff all around as well.  I left the car and policeman there for a bit, but finally got bored and deleted the whole thing (car, policeman, and garage).  Maybe I should have left them alone for a bit and he might have died (which was the original intention, after all).  I might just try it again.  The cops seem to show up even if the stereo is turned off at the time, so I'm sure to get another shot at it.

Tribulatio proxima est
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 30, 22:52:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, okay.  I didn't understand the question, obviously   Grin

You know, I was on another forum last night, and one of the builders had a very nice dorm for download, but there was a footnote on it that said, "WARNING:  This lot will kill dormies if you are playing with jmp's maty hacks and locking your playable characters rooms."  It didn't say why.  But I'm wondering if it's related to your problem?

Doubtful.  I don't use custom lots. Tongue

Regular Maxis EA dormies are probably considered by Pescado as essentially non-functional and unlivable.  I modify the default lots slightly to accomodate BUY.  But that's about it.  I leave dorm rooms pretty much alone, and I don't do that layering of dormie doors on top of each other.

Anyhew, I'm not sure how the cow mastcot chooses a target to do a social on.  It's possible that the code doesn't verify that the target is a sim and not an object?  It probably requires a bit of digging.  Dunno if it's worth it tho, if it doesn't seem to happen too frequently.

Ste

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: