More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 12:22:05

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Really stupid question
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Really stupid question  (Read 4727 times)
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Really stupid question
« on: 2007 July 23, 16:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hi, I have a question concerning roofs recolors. I have downloaded some roofs and they do not show up in my
game.  Are they supposed to be in another folder besides the download folder?  Thanks for any and all help! Huh

\"We apologize for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked."<br />Monty Python and The Holy Grail
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: Really stupid question
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 23, 17:13:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Recolors go into the Downloads folder like all other custom content/hacks/mods.

There's a separate icon in the roof bunch that lets you pick the color/shingle style of the roof -- I'm going to guess you've looked there for them?  If so, what EPs/SPs do you have, and are what you downloaded compatible with the latest EP you have?

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 23, 17:51:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yes,  I have looked there and I put the recolors in the downloads folder, I have all Ep and Sp except for H&M.  I have downloaded roof recolors every once in a while since I got the original Sims 2 game but none of my roof recolors show up.  All of my other downloads do and I haven't had any conflicts when I install a new pack.  I wasn't sure if it was something that I am doing or what.  When I go in to choose the color roof I want all I have is the original maxis roof colors and not all of the recolors I have downloaded came from the same site they were from different sites  Thanks!

\"We apologize for the fault in the subtitles. Those responsible have been sacked."<br />Monty Python and The Holy Grail
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 23, 21:59:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Are you absolutely sure they aren't there? I also love roof recolors (really need to do a white one to go with my current home in UP--yay no more Tower of Doom!!!!1111!!) and have noticed that a lot of those I download don't have the custom asterisk on the thumbnail. They are still there, they just aren't obvious as recolors.

Did they ever show up?

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 23, 22:40:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No they are not there.  I only have the original maxis ones showing up.    None of the ones that I have ever downloaded show up.

SaraMK
Nefarious!
Terrible Twerp

Playing again.

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 23, 22:58:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Got CEP? I think roof recolors might require CEP. You might even need to update it if you've installed any new EPs or Stuffits.

Fail.
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 24, 00:40:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yep, sure do! I think I have the latest version but just to make sure I am going to check.  But I know that I had the latest version compatible with the
EP I had when I downloaded the recolors.
And thanks for all the replies so far!!

Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 30, 01:18:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone have any more ideas about my question?  I installed CEP again just to make sure and my roof recolors still aren't showing up. 
I am not sure what I am doing wrong for none of them to be there.  Thanks again!

Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 30, 02:43:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

First try the old stand by of deleting Groups.cache found at My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 ... then delete My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2\Thumbnails\BuildModeThumbnails.package ..when you start the game and go to build mode it'll take a bit longer because the game has to generate new thumbnails.

Also.. reading over Numenor's roof tute at MTS2 suggests that not all roof recolors will show the * denoting custom content. It depends on how the creator made them.

How many tiles show up for you in the game? I have 10 EA ones with all EPs and no stuff packs.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Purplepooki
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 30, 18:32:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That is all that I have showing up are the original Maxis ones.   
I just did a clean uninstall and reinstall not too long ago (about a month ago) and they have never shown up in my game ever. 
The roof recolors that I have are from different sites so I know it isn't just one download that is no good. 
All of my other downloads show up in my game, and I have never had a problem with them, except for the occasional hair download that I forget to get a mesh for Embarrassed
The roofs are the only ones that refuse to show up.

Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 30, 22:31:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hmmm ... perhaps poking around this Wiki article might help.. but it does say on the very last page that sometime chit just doesn't work and you have to give up.

http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:GCCTSU

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: