More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 10:12:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Glitch... or Just Not Learning Anything
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitch... or Just Not Learning Anything  (Read 3927 times)
Ultima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Glitch... or Just Not Learning Anything
« on: 2007 July 27, 02:44:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, so I've got my Sim in the Law Enforcement Career Track and she has a family aspiration. She's married, and as soon as I get around to it, I'll be expecting a kid, so I'm increasing her Cooking skill. Her skill is currently seven or eight, and I have no hacks installed. I have The Sims 2, Nightlife, University, and OFB. As I said before, no mods or hacks... and none of this explains why I can't cook a Toaster Pastry. I have an oven, a microwave, a FULLY STOCKED fridge, and everything - but I've only seen these things offered up in my menu: Gelatin, Chef Salad, Lunch Meat Sandwiches, Cereal, and Instant Meals. May I remind you that her Cooking skill is seven or eight? She lives with two people in her house: a brother and her husband.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
Re: Glitch... or Just Not Learning Anything
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 27, 02:54:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You should see toaster pastry in the breakfast menu, along with cereals (if she has no cooking skills), but in the same menu you should also see pancakes and omelettes, always in the morning.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 27, 02:55:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If the oven is the one that you see in University dorms, you can't bake with it: no toaster pastries, no cakes, nothing that goes inside the oven.  Try a toaster oven or a different stove.

Ultima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 27, 02:58:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but may I clarify: I can't see anything but those... I'd expect to be able to make some spaghetti or some other dish, eh? Sorry, I'm not one of those stupid types that ask really kinda-dumb questions.
Ultima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 27, 03:01:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm sorry, but may I clarify: I can't see anything but those... I'd expect to be able to make some spaghetti or some other dish, eh? Sorry, I'm not one of those stupid types that ask really kinda-dumb questions.

Oops, sorry. This message was posted before the person before it... I haven't tried replacing it, though it was simply one of these that was in a house when I moved in in Pleasantview. I haven't TOUCHED the neighborhood before... I really don't know if it's possible to be that type.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 27, 03:09:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, that IS weird.  Can other people in the house cook?  I don't think you need any cooking skill at all to make mac and cheese, can your sim's husband or brother make that?  The interesting thing is that all of your options are for foods that don't need to be cooked at all.  Try selling your oven and microwave and replacing them with something else.  If that doesn't help, you should also try to generate an error log, as described here:   http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.msg208014.html#msg208014

Kyna
Terrible Twerp

An ass with great insight

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 27, 03:36:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the kitchen have a diagonal door?  At one point if the kitchen had a diagonal door and your sim was outside the kitchen, you could only select non-stove items to prepare for some reason.

Although I think this glitch was fixed in an EP or patch, but I can't remember which one.

<br />Also, thank god for Google spellcheck. Otherwise, this post would be intelligible. <br />
<br />Declared \\\\\\\"Male\\\\\\\" by Pescado on 8th April, 2009
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 27, 05:21:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was also a weird thing where you couldn't select to cook if the sim wasn't in the same room as the stove. I've had that happen a bit.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 27, 10:53:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There was also a glitch in the base game that caused a sim to only be able to select Instant Meal as a 'cooking' option if the sim was asleep or not on the same floor as the kitchen. I'm not sure exactly when this was fixed.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Ultima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 27, 20:56:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry all, but I had to leave... anyways, let's see... I can't get on right now because I've installed a buncha Seasons mods and I don't have Seasons installed yet... I don't want to mess up my game or anything, so...

Okay, anyways... I haven't replaced anything, but that'll be my first thing to try. I've had her cook while she's right in front of the fridge. The kitchen also doesn't have a door... oh, and neither of the men can fix Mac n' Cheese, either.
kimmyfrmtx
Asinine Airhead

INTJ

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 27, 21:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does that house have a lil uni fridge? If I remember right those meals are the only ones that show up with that one.

STFU already NoobTard, you are disturbing my lurking.

Then and than are different words with different meanings; look up the correct usage.  I am running out of furniture polish.  [slams head on desk]
Ultima
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 28, 00:26:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oops, sorry. This message was posted before the person before it... I haven't tried replacing it, though it was simply one of these that was in a house when I moved in in Pleasantview. I haven't TOUCHED the neighborhood before... I really don't know if it's possible to be that type.

Does that answer your question? If not... it's most likely not from Uni.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 28, 18:16:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is the fridge taller than your sim, or short enough that you can put a microwave on top of it?

INFP or something
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: