More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:40:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Can I teach Sims to Change Diapers?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Can I teach Sims to Change Diapers?  (Read 4196 times)
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Can I teach Sims to Change Diapers?
« on: 2007 July 26, 07:48:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Just curious if anyone knows of a mod (other than the baby controller, which is a bit more aggressive than I'm looking for) that makes Sims change the baby's diaper after it poops itself. Currently, they seem to stupidly think that shoving a bottle in the kid's mouth will fix it - that's the WRONG END!

Does the nobabyharassment mod help this? Or does that just make them ignore the stink-tot?

I know -we- can't see the baby's needs, but it's rather annoying that the Sims can't see them either... or smell them, for that matter.

Basically, if my Sims would just:

1) Change diapers
2) Stop force-feeding the kid
3) Stop washing clean kids
4) Stop holding the toddler
5) Stop holding the baby (I'd prefer 'hold the baby less', but I suspect that's too vague)
6) Do everything else they like to do (talk/play/etc)

I'd be a happy pappy. Do any current mods handle that?

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Can I teach Sims to Change Diapers?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 26, 07:51:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does the nobabyharassment mod help this? Or does that just make them ignore the stink-tot?
No baby harassment will just make them stop forcefeeding it bottles endlessly. In fact, they won't mess with it at all anymore.

1) Change diapers
2) Stop force-feeding the kid
3) Stop washing clean kids
4) Stop holding the toddler
5) Stop holding the baby (I'd prefer 'hold the baby less', but I suspect that's too vague)
6) Do everything else they like to do (talk/play/etc)

I'd be a happy pappy. Do any current mods handle that?
Yeah, "no baby harassment" + baby controller. If you want a solution for a serious problem, you're going to need a forceful answer. Accept no Kewian-based substitutes.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
kewian
Great White Whale
Whiny Wussy

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 26, 07:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

....now what did I do?   Huh   Those mods are great.. I would get them..they do solve that problem very well.

floopyboo
The Biter
Pinheaded Pissant

Back by popular demand!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 26, 09:12:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You want twojeff's baby-toddler hacks for the level of subtlety you're after, Farsight. They'll be over at the new, improved inteen shortly.

http://bigbrotherlawndale.deviantart.com/

The awesomest thing on the internet.
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 26, 09:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Quote from: floppyboo
You want twojeff's baby-toddler hacks for the level of subtlety you're after, Farsight. They'll be over at the new, improved inteen shortly.

Excellent! Thanks.

"Subtlety"... you might need to explain that term to JMP. Smiley

I don't always want to kill a fly with a mallet, then drop a piano on the mallet, then hit the piano with a meteor.

Don't get me wrong, the mallet+piano+meteor is quite nice at times (coffee cups AAAAAHHH), but I like having the little Sims do things on their own, so a lobotomy is a bit severe. A middle ground between drooling statue and caffeinated OCD freak would be great. Smiley

Hmm, the coffee-cup issue made me think of another one... is anyone aware of a mod that actually works to make homework get dropped on tables/desks? I -swear- the original TS2 handled this properly.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 26, 09:47:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Don't get me wrong, the mallet+piano+meteor is quite nice at times (coffee cups AAAAAHHH), but I like having the little Sims do things on their own, so a lobotomy is a bit severe. A middle ground between drooling statue and caffeinated OCD freak would be great. Smiley
The problem is, when you understand what, exactly, sims are doing on their own, you realize that they're doing things for the WRONG reasons, and that these reasons are potentially destructive to your sims in stupid ways.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Farsight
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 26, 10:04:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The problem is, when you understand what, exactly, sims are doing on their own, you realize that they're doing things for the WRONG reasons, and that these reasons are potentially destructive to your sims in stupid ways.

You're assuming that's not what I'm going for. Smiley

I only care about my one Sims' immediate bloodline. I keep him and his heir in good shape, but the rest of the people on the property are there because I like to see how they will fare with -no- help. So I -want- them to be able to stupidly die, as long as it's in disastrously amusing ways, and they mostly stay out of my way. Only the fit survive!

The upside is that the occasional SuperSim emerges - I even had one reach her lifetime want w/o me ever touching her... that was a surprise.

The downside is that my "One Sim" is widowed many times over... oh, who am I kidding, that's an upside too! Spread the genetic seed!

It's only when they get caught in loops like they do with babies/toddlers that they really irritate me. And you can't kill every Sim that goes crazy on the baby, or else the house gets very quiet very fast.
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 26, 10:58:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

is anyone aware of a mod that actually works to make homework get dropped on tables/desks?

Not exactly what you're asking for, but this by dizzy should be of some help.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 28, 17:35:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite is this:

http://www.simlogical.com/sl/Sims2Pages/Sims2_MiscHacks.htm

Clones of the cheap desks. Each desk can be clicked on and assigned to a Sim. Also get the homework patch that goes with it. Then children will come home and put their homework on their desk no matter where it is in the house. (Always leave an empty space next to the side of the desk that has the seat or Sims sometimes have trouble placing their homework on the desk).

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: