More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 29, 07:10:59

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Ford Focus for Download at Official Site
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Ford Focus for Download at Official Site  (Read 16877 times)
prattle
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Re: Ford Focus for Download at Official Site
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 27, 17:30:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I didn't really mind the H&M pack, honestly. Most of the stuff in there that has the logo is also available without the logo, so you can still use all the stuff and never ever see the H&M logo. Of course, I also actually liked the clothing, so...
I'd like the H&M stuff better if EA weren't asking for money for it. (Then again, there's not an actual physical store within fifty miles of where I live, so my reaction to H&M Stuff was "who is that?")
The Ford cars are free to download, which makes up for a lot of their being advertising.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 28, 15:45:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it goes to your Teleport folder, and is moved to the Downloads folder once you start the game.

This is exactly what happens. After you quit the game, there will be 2 items in downloads. One is the car and the other the recolors. If, like me, you have a well organized downloads folder, they will be easy to spot. They have horrible number names.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 29, 09:00:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe it goes to your Teleport folder, and is moved to the Downloads folder once you start the game.

This is exactly what happens. After you quit the game, there will be 2 items in downloads. One is the car and the other the recolors. If, like me, you have a well organized downloads folder, they will be easy to spot. They have horrible number names.

odd, I installed it to my downloads folder with Clean Installer and they don't have horrible number names...

they are named;
CarOwnable_FordFocus.package
CarOwnable_FordFocusMatles.package

if anyone is interested, Kathy over at InSIM has made it recolorable
http://www.insimenator.net/showthread.php?p=847186#post847186

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 29, 15:10:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yea, I installed it yesterday with Clean Installer and had no troubles at all -- got the exact same two files you did.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 29, 15:19:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Clean Installer wouldn't work for me.  Using the maxis installer you end up with 3d2bd70b839b44cc8519878aab0966b8_0001.package and a00a6b90b67c4c99960a139d8cfa1bc3_0001.package.  Very charming.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
Stitches
Pinheaded Pissant

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 29, 15:29:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It would be super awesome if they could code this to have a high mechanical failure rate, like real the real Focus.  Tongue

I come from one of those super patriotic families that has only ever owned Fords. We have pretty much the full product line parked in front of our house. If only they'd sim the F-350 so Sim Me can have her truck in game. Sim Me's boyfriend can have his Focus and be bitter that her truck is better, just like in real life.
MidnightVoyager
Exasperating Eyesore

INFP, AQ: 36. Fear.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 29, 15:56:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I still want a Bumblebee-style 'vette. *pouts*
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 29, 18:58:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

...I still want a Bumblebee-style 'vette. *pouts*

Same here... -muttermutter-

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 29, 19:27:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wonder how much Ford paid EA Games for that bit of publicity.  Will it start a trend?  Inquiring minds want to know.
It's a continuation of an existing trend, I think this is the third real life car they've put up a download for.

It's actually quite sad in an hysterically funny kind of way. Ford is now haemorrhaging more cash per annum than it so recently had in surpluses that it used to buy up "premier" brands like Volvo and Jaguar. I don't know about the situation in the Americas, but in Euroland Ford has progressively migrated assembly operations further and further east. Vans, for example, are now built in Turkey and then shippped back to Southampton to have the gremlins installed. Exceptions to this rule, oddly enough, include the eurp version of the Focus, the robotic assembly of which is supervised by retired Belgian chocolatiers in Gent.

I have way too much time on my hands ....  Roll Eyes

I'd say here that they are out and out hemorrhaging (sp?) blood, as the result of one stupid business decision after another. It's tragic. Poor Detroit Sad

Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 30, 07:10:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The two files went straight into my downloads folder too with CI after I double clicked on the DL'd sims2pack.

My current problem with cars.......... 
I don't have NL, so the Focus is the cheapest car in my game at 6,700$ (approx).  But I've got all the wants for the cheaper NL cars without the cars and they kick in pretty persistently.  Yesterday, Mrs Burb had 3 of 4 want slots devoted to cars + get promoted.  You could say she's obsessed with buying a car and pretty miserable about not getting one!  Of course they have no money....  any suggestions?

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 30, 07:36:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Those of you with sim-Trepies in your game should download this.

Because its what Real Trepies drive.

They made him like yours on the Picture without a Licenceplate. Really nice i think.
MattyDienhoff
Asinine Airhead

Extra-Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 August 01, 04:15:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The two files went straight into my downloads folder too with CI after I double clicked on the DL'd sims2pack.

My current problem with cars.......... 
I don't have NL, so the Focus is the cheapest car in my game at 6,700$ (approx).  But I've got all the wants for the cheaper NL cars without the cars and they kick in pretty persistently.  Yesterday, Mrs Burb had 3 of 4 want slots devoted to cars + get promoted.  You could say she's obsessed with buying a car and pretty miserable about not getting one!  Of course they have no money....  any suggestions?
I'd just work on getting her promoted a few times, along with John (does he have a job?) and maybe even Lucy when she becomes a teenager.

Of course, if you have no scruples against cheating occaisionally you could always help them along. The LuckySims New Car Allowance™.  Cheesy

Third? Drat! I am missing a car ... what is the third one?  I only have the two Fords...

I think one of the EP's had a Yaris as a bonus item. I think those are by Toyota. It probably came out when Nightlife was out. I found it on a site that had all the bonus items up for download.

Care to post a link? I've never heard of or seen a TS2 Yaris anywhere. Surely if it was official material they would have posted it on the exchange to show it off...  Roll Eyes
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: 2007 August 01, 10:02:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Unfortunately, John burb's nearly perfect garden is right where the drive would need to go, so she'll have to stay obsessed until he gets his wishing well.

I'd like to figure out how to sell second hand cars in game without getting into modding.  I don't have NL and the turntables don't work.  The game wouldn't let me take a car out of inventory and mark it for sale last time I tried.  I figured it was the just not allowed, but I'll have to give it another whirl to be sure.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
MattyDienhoff
Asinine Airhead

Extra-Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 August 01, 17:19:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You have to go into wholesale mode to buy cars on business lots. (A caryard was the first business I opened when I got OFB and I had no idea how they worked  Cheesy) But I didn't use the turntables, I just used move_objects to place them in the yard, worked like a treat. So I assume you could do that - set up a caryard, get a rich friend to go there and buy a car, and then give it as a gift to Jennifer Burb.

It sure is a good way of making money, anyway. The lucky owner of 'Garrett's Used Cars' has made $70,000 from the business to date, mostly from dazzling gullible townies into buying terribly overpriced sportscars.  Cheesy And he's been managing it on his own for most of that time, because he has only one employee, his girlfriend, and she's been on maternity leave half of the time.
« Last Edit: 2007 August 01, 17:32:30 by MattyDienhoff » Logged
NixRMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 August 02, 02:46:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, forget the turntables, they suck, and take up way to much space. Not to also mention they don't work with custom cars!

Oh yes, I've recently dabbled in a car business recently, the car lot 'Sunshine Autos', named for a...car lot in Grand Theft Auto: Vice City...yeah...I have little originality. It's made my Business Tycoon Sims probably somewhere in the range of $200,000 in the matter of...maybe a week, and managed to finish off that easy 'Earn $100,000' LTW for both the Sims. Sadly, until recently, unless their next workday goes well(I just added another level to help with customer demand which will probably hurt my profits for the day) they've either had really low profit or really high profit days, always alternating between low and high. It IS a great money maker though, I love it, so much money, I might even boost the prices up to...whatever is above the one above Average.

I shall not go gentle into that good night...
MattyDienhoff
Asinine Airhead

Extra-Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 August 02, 03:21:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be ridiculously expensiveCheesy
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile WWW
« Reply #41 on: 2007 August 02, 10:04:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

get a rich friend to go there and buy a car, and then give it as a gift to Jennifer Burb.

Jennifer Burb needs a rich friend huh - and here I though she was a nice girl...
I have car lot selling new cars in Meadow Lawns; that makes a lot of money too.  You can't sell cars from your inventory on car lots though - at least I couldn't.  They had to be out of the catalogue in wholesale mode ie new.

Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: