More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 23:46:42

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Gah!!!!!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Gah!!!!!  (Read 3833 times)
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
Gah!!!!!
« on: 2007 July 26, 18:04:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ever since I downloaded some hacks from *mumble mumble*, my game's been a llittle weird.  I went through my downloads folder and pulled out everything I thought was making trouble.  Now files seem to be dropping out by themselves, not just the stuff I put in, but original game included things like the Valu-Lumber Arch. 
Okay, this is really all about the arch, but why in the world would it go away like that?  It's in the catalog, but nowhere else.  I tried cloning it, which didn't work, except for putting an asterisk by the catalog entry.  Did one of the custom arches push it out of its slot?  Are there a limited mumber of arches that the game can handle?

Am I going to have to pull all the custom arches out of my game to get my stupid cheap arch back?

Tongue Tongue Cry Cry
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Gah!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 26, 18:23:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Without knowing what sort of unawesome things you downloaded, it is hard to say how serious your problems are. 

Let us assume it is a fairly simple problem where a piece of custom content uses the same GUID as the missing arch.  If this is the case, you simply need to use SimPE to scan for conflicts, and delete the object using a reserved ID.  Let us know if this resolves the issue. 
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 26, 19:14:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could very well be corrupt game files.  Try copying the game files from the installation disk.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
cassblonde
Exasperating Eyesore

Lazy Lurker

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 26, 22:46:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I once had a desk vanish on me ... I backed up my Hoods and Downloads folders and deleted my Sims2 file in my documents and let the game regen it ... the desk came back and everything was fine Smiley

Just a thought ... sometimes simple is better.

I'm an apathetic sociopath, I'd kill you if I cared.
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 27, 05:47:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks.  Smiley

i'll try the simpe thing first.  i'm guessing i can reinstall the original game without having to reinstall all the xps and sps.  at least i hope so since i have all but the h&m sp.

you never can tell what is going to cause trouble, sometimes.  i had to take out "moveoutteens" when i got pets because it overwrote the "find pet job for" in the newspaper.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 27, 08:59:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i'll try the simpe thing first.  i'm guessing i can reinstall the original game without having to reinstall all the xps and sps.  at least i hope so since i have all but the h&m sp.

I don't think you can, which is why it's better to just replace the damaged files.
Try this to start with:
http://www.sims2wiki.info/wiki.php?title=Game_Help:Corrupted_Objects.package

If that doesn't work, replace all the object packages in the Sims3D folder of your game files (same procedure).

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Spicey
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 27, 17:42:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cheesy

a search with simpe revealed nothing, so i pulled out the last build set i had installed; et voila, the arch came back home.  i'm not really sorry to lose the set, because it wasn't displaying properly anyway (blue is the most annoying color i know, since i started playing sims 2).

now i just have to start yanking out hacks and flinging them back in, to see which ones are borken.  i guess it's better this way; otherwise i'd have to play the game.

Wink
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 27, 17:46:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blue has officially been the most annoying colour ever since windows 95.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: