More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 14:20:15

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Pet stuck in permanent pregnancy.
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Pet stuck in permanent pregnancy.  (Read 18201 times)
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Pet stuck in permanent pregnancy.
« on: 2007 July 26, 09:13:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Pets for awhile now but just haven't really created any until a few days ago.  I made a couple of dogs in CAS and moved them in with a single sim.  I'm not sure how long the pregnancy lasts (I'm guessing 3 days maybe at most?) but its been like 11 days already and no puppies.  I know she is pregnant cos I get the "I should stay home in this condition" whenever the carpool arrives for her to go to work.  I don't get the option to breed them either.

I've tried deleting her and that hasn't worked.  Any help would be appreciated.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
ZiggyDoodle
Retarded Reprobate

View Profile
Re: Pet stuck in permanent pregnancy.
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 26, 13:23:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Do you have SimPE?  While I've not looked at any of the character files for my pets, I know that there is a pregnancy status box for Sims (which I've used to correct the same issue), thus there may be one for pets as well.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 26, 14:44:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had Pets for awhile now but just haven't really created any until a few days ago.  I made a couple of dogs in CAS and moved them in with a single sim.  I'm not sure how long the pregnancy lasts (I'm guessing 3 days maybe at most?) but its been like 11 days already and no puppies.  I know she is pregnant cos I get the "I should stay home in this condition" whenever the carpool arrives for her to go to work.  I don't get the option to breed them either.

I've tried deleting her and that hasn't worked.  Any help would be appreciated.

Pets should give birth after 2 days.  If you play with aging off, you may want to enable it to see if that helps the pregnancy move along.  I don't know why it would, since sim people can give birth with aging disabled, but it's something else to try. 

As far as I know, SimPE would also help resolve the issue, cince I seem to recall seeing the pregnancy box for pets the other day.
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 26, 19:40:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I do have Simpe, but I've only ever used it for genetics (custom eyes/skins) which I used a guide to do.  I have no idea how I could fix this problem via Simpe.  If there is a guide someone could point me to, I'll gladly give it a go.

I never play with aging off, I double checked it anyway and that isn't the problem.  Ty for the replies.

"Life has taught us that love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction".  ~Antoine de Exupery
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 26, 22:31:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't know if there's an existing guide, but here's what you do (numbers refer to the below image):

*Open SimPE
*Select the Hood Browser (#1 below)
*Choose whatever hood you're working in and hit "Open"
*Select "Sim Description" in the tree (#2 below)
*Select the appropriate animal in the list to the right
*Go to the "Other" tab down below
*Check the pregnancy flags (#3 below)

I'd try just bumping pregnancy a stage forward or back.  If this doesn't work, I'm out of ideas.

ETA:  If the picture is not clear, click on it to go to the full size image. 
« Last Edit: 2007 July 26, 23:58:10 by B » Logged
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

My Sims2 is seriously messed up...

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 26, 23:32:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have this same problem only I thought it was because I used the shift+click debug grow up menu that the debug cheat or boolprop has....anyways I tried your simPE fix and I'm just testing now to see if it works! I'll check back in like 10 minutes to tell you if so.

My sims have limited lives...oh wait! That's just me.
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 27, 00:23:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, did it and it didn't work (btw I clicked on the top button) I will try another but if anyone has another way please post it!

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 27, 00:29:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

B, I just tried all those options and none of them worked Sad  I think I'll make another pet couple tonight and see if I have the same problem with them.  That way I can isolate the problem better.  

I don't think its a hack conflict since I only use the mods by Pes, TJ and Inge.  I've also run the hack conflict tool, everything seems fine.

Anyhow, I appreciate the guide/pics B, seemed so easy Smiley

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 27, 00:36:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry guys!  Usually deleting the permanently pregnant sim/pet does the trick.  SimPE was a bit of a stretch (usually it's only good for aborting pregnancies) but it could've worked.  Just out of curiosity, what did SimPE show for the pregnancy (invisible, half or full)?
Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 27, 05:29:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Simpe didn't show anything, none of the body flags were ticked.  I made another couple like I mentioned earlier in another nieghbourhood.  I'm having the same problem and Simpe isn't showing any flags for her either /sigh

Seems like I need to take out all my mods and see if one of those is the culprit.

kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 27, 06:15:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

same for me, no ticked flags, buttons, boxes or whatever!

kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 27, 06:22:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, now I have a error problem. Everytime I goto a community lot, an error pops up for my dog...

Issy
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 27, 07:16:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've taken out all of my mods (with the exception of notownieregen), moved the family into another lot and still no change.  Oh well, guess I'll just have to live with it.  I did a fresh install a few days after the last patch came out for Seasons so I'm not doing that again.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 27, 10:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

kikosimXL -You may want to start a new topic and attach the error log.  See the FAQ for instructions on how to do this.  You could also attach it in this topic, but it's likely to be missed if you do.

As for the general pregnant pet problem, you may want to both try moving your Docs\EA Games\Sims 2 folder to the desktop and letting the game regenerate files.  Then you can begin to move back your saved hoods, but leave the downloads folder empty.  Short of reinstalling, this is the most thorough way to remove any traces of a mod that xould have borked the pregnancy cycle for your pets.
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 27, 11:03:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Alternatively, you can attach an error log to the first post of this thread, and then make a new post letting folks know that you've done so.

Edit: I am retarded. I just realised that B was not replying to the OP, but to somebody else. Well, that was certainly a 'duh' moment!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 30, 03:27:10 by notveryawesome » Logged

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 30, 01:45:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did someone say just use JM's pregnacy for all hack? I searched but did not see it, what does it do?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 30, 12:55:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

did someone say just use JM's pregnacy for all hack? I searched but did not see it, what does it do?

It's actually TwoJeffs' hack, and it allows same-sex couples to get pregnant.  You can find it over in his new forums on the Inteenimator site.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 30, 16:00:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

OK, my computer wont let me edit my post, unless it did edit it and didn't show it to me... Ok so I said JM, I meant TJ, this post was supposed to go into another forum so I didn't see the post with the actuall name on it. Sorry guys I was being really retarded!

blackcat
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 31, 07:51:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the same problem.
It is one of the hacks you have, I don't remember now which one it was, only that you couldn't tell by it's name
that it affects pets. You can't do anything about your stuck pet's pregnancy, but future one's will sure be all right.

I searched it this way:
If you don't know which one are hacks use  "Sims2PackCleanInstaller" or "Download Organizer"
(both you can find on modthesims2.com) to sort your files, It will tell you which one are modifying game,
those are hacks.
Put them in seperate folder. You might want to remove all other packages, so that game will load faster.
Now, take half of them and put in temp folder on your desktop. Start your game, create test family with a couple of pets and put them on seperate lot
(You can't simply delete this family after, search forums on how to do this right, I persanally keep it for testing)

Now, you should impregnate your cat or dog, whoever you created( you can use cheats to make their relations suitable for woohooing).  And wait four days ( to be sure), use cheats to keep their motives fresh . Don't save game!!!
If Puppies will appear then bad-bad hack is in temp folder if not -  in hacks folder
You put good hacks in "Good" folder on your desktop.
Take half of bad hacks and repeat from start

If you have 1000 hacks it will take you 10 tries
Good luck!  Wink
Countess
cwykes
Retarded Reprobate

A little knowledge is a dangerous thing!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: 2007 August 09, 07:47:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I wondered if the lotdebugger would let you nuke the pregnancy.  Pes put an option on it to nuke that borked pre-made pregnancy in Seasons.  DK if it works on Pets - I don't have that EP - but surely worth a look.

Sick of Bluewater?  Try Sedona or Meadow Lawns instead.  Meadow Lawns is a whole neighbourhood built to explore OFB.  Sedona is a sub'hood you can install as a permanent alternative to Bluewater - it's an "out of this world" experience!  www.moreawesomethanyou.com/cwykes
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 September 12, 19:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well I'll try with the hack/desktop thing and let you know if it was one of my hacks

kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 September 16, 07:30:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ok, did the hack thing and it's almost like nightlife was erased (no cars, no vampires or teleporting) and it still didn't work. I think what I'll have to do is take out all CC and if that doesn't work re-install (and/or a combination of both).

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 September 16, 11:56:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't have Pets, but I have Uni, NL, and Glamour Life. It happens to me all the time, usually when I leave the lot with a pregnant sim in it. Sometimes, even when I wait all the pregancy days in the lot.

I fix it without problem with the SimPe.

1) Take care you are in PlugIn View.

2) At the upper line: Tools->Neighbourhod Browser; click, open the hood.

3) Again: Tools->Neighbourhod -> scroll to Sim Browser, click. A pictured list of the sims is presented.

Type on your keyboard the first letter of the sim's private name. When you see it's picture, highlight it, and click on "open".

4)  Choose the section "Other". Check the "Pregnant (Full)" in the middle column.

Click on "commit" at the right upper side. Without it, nothing will be saved in the sim's file.

Save the game (File->Save). - Again, without it, nothing will be saved.

Enter the lot, and your sim will give a birth.

« Last Edit: 2007 September 16, 12:21:24 by gali » Logged
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 September 16, 16:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that sadly and it still doesn't work Sad...

Duchess
gali
Crazy Lollipop
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 September 16, 16:24:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I tried that sadly and it still doesn't work Sad...

Weird - it works for me already half a year, no problems at all.

Did you download the SimPe version compatible with the EP you have (Pets/Seasons)? - may be this is the problem.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: