More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 22:59:30

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Cyd Roseland: What's his damage?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Cyd Roseland: What's his damage?  (Read 6950 times)
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Cyd Roseland: What's his damage?
« on: 2007 July 22, 04:57:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think he's one of the default Pets bin families. I recently moved him into a lot in a new custom neighborhood, and he keeps showing up to whatever lot I'm playing and running up to one of the sims and pushing them, trying to start a fight. Then my sims spend like the next day thinking how furious they are with him. This has happened with brand new families I've just moved into a lot. Is there some story behind this?
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
Re: Cyd Roseland: What's his damage?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 22, 05:01:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm thinking about just killing him off, since he's being such a bastard.
Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 22, 05:08:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd Roseland is my most killed sim. I use him and his little dog as my testers, since they are available everytime you create a new neighborhood.... But I've never seen him fight anyone, well, I keep a tight rein on my sims though...

cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 22, 05:12:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he keeps showing up to whatever lot I'm playing and running up to one of the sims and pushing them, trying to start a fight.

He's likely doing this because your sim is looking through a telescope during the daytime and Cyd "believes" he's being spied on. If you kill him off then another sim will be randomly selected as the offended sim who will poke your sims for looking through the telescope. Either don't have your sim look through the telescope during the day or try TwoJeffs "No shoving from looking through telescope" hack. I use the hack and happily have no more shoving, though my sims seem to still like spying on each other with the telescope.  Cheesy
TashaYarrr
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 22, 05:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

he keeps showing up to whatever lot I'm playing and running up to one of the sims and pushing them, trying to start a fight.

He's likely doing this because your sim is looking through a telescope during the daytime and Cyd "believes" he's being spied on. If you kill him off then another sim will be randomly selected as the offended sim who will poke your sims for looking through the telescope. Either don't have your sim look through the telescope during the day or try TwoJeffs "No shoving from looking through telescope" hack. I use the hack and happily have no more shoving, though my sims seem to still like spying on each other with the telescope.  Cheesy

Ah! Thanks, this makes perfect sense as I usually have at least one Knowledge sim per family, and the telescope is frequently the first miscellaneous item to be bought.

(I looked in Cyd's memories, but his only note of these altercations is "Met XX".)
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 24, 22:43:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd makes beautiful babies with Dina Caliente, but I hate that stupid dog, so I make Cyd hate the dog as well with the Insimenator, then call animal control.  He's kind of boring, but has good genes. 
KellyQ
STUPID PUDDING
Dead Member

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 25, 01:30:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He and Brandi Broke almost always hit 3 bolts for each other, so I generally marry them off.

Can you tell I restart Pleasantview frequently? Cheesy

I'm hoping to actually play long enough this time to see how their babies turn out.

<Pescado> Make it quick. I'm busy and you're not funny.
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 25, 04:12:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've probably restarted it a hundred times since the game came out.  It's an uncontrollable compulsion, I swear.  I think I just like "correcting" EAMaxis's work.   Smiley
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 26, 23:53:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat make beautiful offspring, as well.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 27, 13:31:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd Roseland and Tara Kat make beautiful offspring, as well.

Good to know -- they're married in my Strangetown, and she's pregnant, so I'll be curious to see what the spawn looks like next time I get around to playing that hood.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Viscountess
Batelle
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 27, 14:36:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cyd's not too bad to play.  He's generically good looking (a straightforward number 2 template, I think) so his genetics won't fuck you over, he has an easy aspiration and he's nice and quiet. He's also about a hundred times better than the genetic abominations that came with Seasons. 
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 27, 21:49:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yeah, I have a soft spot for old Cyd too, he always makes it to townie and has been a playable a time or two as well.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Velda
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 29, 07:34:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The prefab Sims are getting uglier and uglier.  I shudder to think of what Bon Voyage will bring. Shocked
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: