More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 00:12:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lot error messages keep popping up on pregnant sims!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lot error messages keep popping up on pregnant sims!  (Read 3587 times)
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

My Sims2 is seriously messed up...

View Profile
Lot error messages keep popping up on pregnant sims!
« on: 2007 July 21, 19:27:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have 2 lots in particular that I played all the time untill one sim got pregnant, after about her second day of being pregnant I left the game and put in the boolprop testing cheat, (did this on both houses before and it was fine) when I came back there were all these error messages! The only way I can get them to stop is to delete the pregnant woman. I really wish I could play these lots again, does anyone have any ideas? I have the error log if anyone needs it and I have some custom content on the lot too:

Numenors (MTS2) hibernation chamber
Katys (SMB) medicine kiosk
DJs (DJ sims) auto refilling food dish
DJs (DJ sims) auto cleaning cat box
The InSIMenator

I also have:
Nightlife
OFB
Pets
Glamor life
H&M fashion

I hope this helps!

My sims have limited lives...oh wait! That's just me.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Lot error messages keep popping up on pregnant sims!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 21, 20:04:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Could you not just turn the testing cheat off until she has the baby or am I misunderstanding something?

Not that I'm a big user of the cheat (sometimes use it to force errors on stuck townies) but... if I forget to turn it off and get to a community lot, the lot becomes virtually unplayable for error messages. I just hit reset until I'm able to pause and turn the cheat off...

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 21, 20:17:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

All the cheat does is SHOW you errors that are already occuring in the game. It doesn't produce them. Read the FAQ sticky on this site and learn how to capture an error log. Basically, at this point, you already have captured the errors and they are in your logs folder inside TheSims2 folder.

Also, just because a custom item isn't present on THIS lot, does not mean that it isn't the source of your errors. Some custom content just have to be in the game to cause problems.

After reading FAQ, you can post your errors for someone to look at. Most likely it is the same error popping up over and over again.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 21, 20:32:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Zeljka, I always play with boolprop on (which around here we usually refer to as debug mode, I am explaining this for the OP's benefit). I would be worried if every time you go to a community lot you're getting errors nonstop. That may indicate a VBT.  The first thing that I would do would be to open up some of those error logs and read them. Some of it might be unintelligible, but some of it might say something like unexpected end of array and an object name. Remove any objects mentioned in the log and try again. If you can't understand the logs or there are no helpful keywords run a hack conflict detection utility like Paladins found at www.simwardrobe.com.  If that's a no go post the error logs in the podium. Turning off debug mode isn't stoping those millions of comm lot errors from occuring, its just making them invisible to you.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 26, 02:35:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

thanks for the help, I turned off the cheat untill she had the baby then turned it back on, all seems fine now but whenever I have a pregnant sim in any of those 2 lots I should remember to turn off the cheat before saving! I'll post here if anything like this happens again!

syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 26, 15:25:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the error log if anyone needs it and I have some custom content on the lot too:

When in doubt, always post an error log.  Hell, regardless of doubt or not, you should always post an error log.  Well... only if it's an Object error log (the audio logs and crash logs don't seem to be all that helpful, or so I've read).

Object error logs, typically, will allow one to trace through the stack and potentially identify what BHAV and what line of code in that BHAV (as well as what object that BHAV is from) that is causing 'jump bug' type errors.

thanks for the help, I turned off the cheat untill she had the baby then turned it back on, all seems fine now but whenever I have a pregnant sim in any of those 2 lots I should remember to turn off the cheat before saving! I'll post here if anything like this happens again!

This is not really the recommended way to deal with such problems.  It only temporarily resolves the issue for now, but you may ultimately be on the path towards a BFBFVS.  Tongue  Who knows what kind of weird stuff could potentially be happening, especially if it involves new sims being created (perhaps with bad sim data?).

Ste

kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 27, 00:27:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wasn't an object error log or else I would've had it fixed a while ago...

Um, what is a BFBFVS? I'm betting it's not good... I'm sorry I'm just new to abbreviations.

B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 27, 00:39:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Read.

I linked directly to the acronym section, but you should probably read the whole thing.
kikosimXL
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 27, 06:21:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, now I get it!  Shocked That would be bad...

Anyways I'm having a simillar problem with my pets! Only they get stuck with occasional error messages... I have the link HERE

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: