More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 March 28, 09:35:16

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6511 Members
Latest Member: zheng
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  buyable tans?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: buyable tans?  (Read 8291 times)
NinaC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
buyable tans?
« on: 2007 July 20, 06:28:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh oh! i've got another question.
i've looked and looked.
but has anyone seen any buyable tans?
a tan that would tint the whole body. face and body?
i have seen mods to change the skintone, but the next level of darkness or whatever isn't realistic.
i don't want my white sims to turn latina, or my latinas to turn african lol

if not, what would be the easiest way for me to create a skintone recolour?
i'm and idiot when it comes to modding Sad
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: buyable tans?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 20, 06:30:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a field of study presently being explored. I believe I shall hack the Numenorian tanning booth to provide just such a thing. We'll get back to you on that. It's an excellent idea, though. I'm glad I thought of it.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
NinaC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 20, 06:39:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is a field of study presently being explored. I believe I shall hack the Numenorian tanning booth to provide just such a thing. We'll get back to you on that. It's an excellent idea, though. I'm glad I thought of it.

awesome! i didn't think of it until Seasons and the sims just get sunburned. and i haven't tried to see if the dark sims get sunburned, cause if they do that's totally unrealistic lol
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 20, 06:53:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Blimey, your av looks like she has terminal anorexia, hope you're not going to fry her as well - beef jerky - attack of the lizard women!  Grin

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 20, 08:23:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This exists at MTS2 already. Same smart gal who made the tattoo overlays (Morague? Dat you?) also did frostbite / suntan overlays.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 20, 09:33:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making the sunburn/frost overlays manually applyable is trivial. The cooler thing I'm looking at is the ability to make the tanning thing really work, with real burntness, skin cancer, and fire.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
B
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 20, 12:31:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Making the sunburn/frost overlays manually applyable is trivial. The cooler thing I'm looking at is the ability to make the tanning thing really work, with real burntness, skin cancer, and fire.

This would be interesting indeed.  Sims cannot get enough diseases at the moment.  I've tried messing around with STDs (contractable after "Trying for Baby") but there are a distinct lack of crotch scratching animations to simulate the effects of crabs so I gave it up after a bit.  If you were to seriously manage a mod that added skin cancer (and all the appropriate in game consequences) I would be inspired to return to the disease workshop.   
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 20, 12:36:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

YES! Just like real radiation burns and the consequences of such. Excellent!

We have lots of radiation scarred lizard people in NZ, they have carapaces similar to yours no doubt JM, they come out in the summer and parade the beaches in skimpy clothing. (I know, I know, JM Pescado hiss at sun). Literally, their skin looks like lizard skin, very deeply weird.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
NinaC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 20, 17:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ooo...fire! like Final Destination 3! muhahha what an amazing way to die!
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 20, 18:52:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

awesome! i didn't think of it until Seasons and the sims just get sunburned. and i haven't tried to see if the dark sims get sunburned, cause if they do that's totally unrealistic lol

Why would you think dark skinned sims getting burnt is totally unrealistic?  Skin is is skin and even the darkest skinned person can get a sunburn.. it just doesn't happen as often as a paler skin.

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 20, 19:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Why would you think dark skinned sims getting burnt is totally unrealistic?  Skin is is skin and even the darkest skinned person can get a sunburn.. it just doesn't happen as often as a paler skin.

It's not going to happen working in the garden for an hour on a hot day, though. I'm half-black and I only burn after several, several hours without sunscreen in lots of heat, faster if there's water I can play in. My father and boyfriend (both black) have both never burned, ever.

INFP or something
NinaC
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 20, 19:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeh, i''m 3/4 black and i've never burned. i have absolutely no idea how a sunburn feels like. it's funny sometimes if i try to hug one of my white friends and they go insane cuz i touched their sunburns. it's one of those things that is a mystery to me.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 20, 21:15:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yeh, i''m 3/4 black and i've never burned. i have absolutely no idea how a sunburn feels like. it's funny sometimes if i try to hug one of my white friends and they go insane cuz i touched their sunburns. it's one of those things that is a mystery to me.

It's similar to a rash, but all over.

INFP or something
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 20, 21:22:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

More like a full-body blister, to me.

I'm snow-white despite being a mutt, but I rarely burn. I absorb it all, which according to my doctor is a VBT.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 21, 01:05:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm very pale. I have more of a yellowish color then the pink of an Irish descended friend of mine though. My heritage is three native American tribes, a great grandfather from Syria and some cajun with a little romani thrown in for good measure. Seemingly as a result, I do not burn, not realy anyway, I imediatly turn brown. Red for less then a day and then its brown. I turn brown as a nut if its an active summer, and start to actually look like some of my ancestors. I'm very greatfull, even for the few hours that i am pink it doesn't hurt.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
bloodstainedkisses
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 21, 05:33:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

They do, and it looks weird. Sad

djslippyman
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 21, 19:48:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

uh oh! i've got another question.
i've looked and looked.
but has anyone seen any buyable tans?
a tan that would tint the whole body. face and body?
i have seen mods to change the skintone, but the next level of darkness or whatever isn't realistic.
i don't want my white sims to turn latina, or my latinas to turn african lol

What you can do in bodyshop (sorry not in game) is take the alpha .bmp of a swimsuit of your choice and overlay it over an existing skintone you are editing.  Since the swimsuit is white and the outside areas are black it will make the skin under the suit paler and the skin getting the tan darker.  The opacity you choose when you overlay the clothing alpha.bmp over the skintone is what establsihes how big the difference between the two (which can be huge or only a light tan). Since the swimsuit file and skintone match up in the exact places you will have a clear and concise imprint of a tanline in the right places (at least for that age group you're editing) and with the custom skintone of your choice. You will need to use the same black opacity over faces and heads so that they won't remain the original color and will match the same tan.  Grin
« Last Edit: 2007 July 21, 21:18:37 by djslippyman » Logged
Marquis
mistymage
Lipless Loser

View Profile WWW
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 22, 04:05:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It's not going to happen working in the garden for an hour on a hot day, though. I'm half-black and I only burn after several, several hours without sunscreen in lots of heat, faster if there's water I can play in. My father and boyfriend (both black) have both never burned, ever.

True... but a sim hour does not equal a regular hour. 1 day=3 months approx. going by how long a pregnancy lasts.

I'm olive complected.. tending to reddish brown.. but I've burned enough to peel sheets of skin off myself.  Usually I'm chocolate after summer ends but since the 2 latest burns (playing on the river, yes)  I've been living in my cave ;-)  Much cooler than a bunker!

~misty

Gnohmon's sims 1 objects
"It's like that hobbit/dragon thing. You cut off one head and.. it's an exercise in futility." -Andy, Dawn of the dead remake, 2004 = trolls on MATY
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 22, 05:39:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I don't see why you couldn't just clone the Tattoo overlay packages & replace the tattoo images with fully tinted transparencies in the tanned color you want. All of the body parts are included (body face & hair) you'd just have to make them all the same color. I even did a tutorial on how to make your own overlay packages.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 22, 05:41:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the plan, yes. The implementation will be slightly more interesting and complex than that. It will involve death and other fun things. Like skin cancer.

Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 23, 00:33:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you ever burned a hand or arm by accidentally brushing against a hot stove or a pot? Or even an iron? Nothing bad enough that it blisters, but it still turns the skin red and stings? Now picture that all over your shoulders, or your legs, or your back, or if you were really stupid, your whole body.

Sunburns suck. That's one reason why I'm not too worried about getting out into the sun during the summer. I like my skin cancer free, thank you very much.

As a side note, I read that the Lies and Propaganda expansion that May becoming out this fall will have suntans in it.

Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: