More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 17:07:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  community lot maids?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: community lot maids?  (Read 4599 times)
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
community lot maids?
« on: 2007 July 18, 12:01:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is there a way to have maids, or cleaning NPC's or something to be on every community lot like there was in sims 1?
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
Re: community lot maids?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 18, 13:18:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

On unowned lots, there's no need, since the lot resets to its base state when your sim leaves.  On owned lots, you can just hire an employee and have him/her 'tidy up' (or 'be janitor' with BRY).

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 19, 01:20:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

b/c i like having a cleaning person there... i know they reset, but when the sims are there for awhile the garbage seems to pile up.. and it makes it gross looking
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 19, 10:54:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you have nightlife, you can build a restaurant.  The waiters clean everything.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 19, 11:45:31 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

can you make it so they clean around the whole lot too? What is the object that we place in the resterunt that makes waiters.. is it the podium thing, or the dishwasher or w/e?
Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 19, 15:24:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you need a fully functional restaurant for the waiters to spawn.  That means at least one table with a chair, the podium and the restaurant stove.

In my experience the waiters clean everything.  I have a community lot I use for dates, with a bed and showers and other stuff, and the waiters come running to make the bed as soon as my sims finish woohooing or mop up after sloppy sims before they've even finished showering.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 20, 00:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ohh ok, that's cool then.. maybe i'll try that then.. put a little restarunt on each community lot
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 21, 22:26:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I believe Squinge has a hack that allows sims to hire a maid and/or gardener at an owned community lot. I think his mods are still at insimenator.net.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 22, 02:21:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya but i dont have ofb so my sims cant own a community lot.. i only have seasons & nl installed.. i have uni, but something is wrong w/ my disk.. i couldnt reinstall it after i reinstalled my computer Sad probably will just have to get a new copy some day
Duchess
sloppyhousewife
Lipless Loser

Plumber Zombie

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 22, 11:16:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'd love to have a community lot maid, too, or even better, a janitor. I'ts annoying to have to build a restaurant on each community lot where I want my sims to eat.
A restaurant somewhat defeats the purpose of a BBQ, plus it takes up a lot of space (I usually have 2x2 comm lots) and spawns unwanted NPCs, not to speak of looking somewhat misplaced in open air facilities like swimming pools or parks.

An object to spawn a maid/janitor that will stay there during the whole visit (like the TS1 janitors) really would be great.

"Getting attention here is like awakening Lovecraftian cosmic horrors. Don't do it." - J.M. Pescado

incurok
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 23, 03:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

ya it would be nice if we could just have a maid or janitor on every community lot.. like maybe if the or a type of dishwasher or something would spawn one... I'd rather have that too than have to make a restarunt on every single comm lot.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: