More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 16:56:13

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Does this bother you as much as it does me?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Does this bother you as much as it does me?  (Read 12571 times)
MistyBlue
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Does this bother you as much as it does me?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 20, 13:37:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm not sure but I remember seeing my sims flirst and kiss autonomously since uni or nightlife (or that could just be when I actually noticed it happening). I also saw visitors autonomously flirting with the playables. I had a visitor flirt with the wife and, of course, stupid sim behavior forced her to accept right in front of her husband. That broke up their marriage and I was really pissed. Snatched the romance mod as soon as it came out!
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 20, 19:32:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think you are more likely to get bolts if your sims are nice or outgoing.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 21, 02:41:33 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

a sims zodiac sign affects bolts the most from my experience in switching zodiac signs with InSIM in order to get more/less bolts between certain sims.

Khaki
Exasperating Eyesore

HMPH

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 21, 02:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get three bolters all the time if their Turn-Ons are compatible and their Turn-Offs match...

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 21, 04:12:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, Chemistry seems to be far greater influenced by Zodiac and Aspiration than turn ons /turn offs which don't seem to affect much.
(almost all my Sims have the same turn ons/turn offs yet are not attracted to the same sims.)

I have several sets of triple bolters in this neighbourhood.
It probably helps that almost all the Sims I've created have such similar personalities (sloppy, outgoing, active, playful, not overly nice) which translates to sims with the same Zodiac, and I can't help but notice that at least 80% of the Dormies I generated in the Clean Uni Hood seem to be *Knowledge (!?) Makes things a little less random.

*I'm not complaining really, if I had to pick one aspiration to fill a University with, this would have been it. Would have really sucked if they were all Pleasure, Family or Popularity...
« Last Edit: 2007 July 21, 04:20:26 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
rosenshyne
Dimwitted Dunce

I/ENFJ

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 21, 14:59:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I get tons of 3-bolters because I make everyone's turn-on/off's the same. My problem is that it happens in groups. There will be one female sim, and seven males who have three bolts for her. Or vice versa.

Sleepycat
Stupid Schlemiel

meow!

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 21, 19:46:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It probably helps that almost all the Sims I've created have such similar personalities (sloppy, outgoing, active, playful, not overly nice) which translates to sims with the same Zodiac

most of my sims have a lot of the same personality traits (most are very outgoing and very active, fairly serious) but not the same Zodiac.

/random info
with InSIM you can change the Zodiac without changing the personality (with testingcheats enabled, if you change the personality too much then the Zodiac sign changes). I assume Zodiac signs could be changed in SimPE without the personality being changed but I haven't tried it.

most of my sims have the same turn ons/offs (by gender - females usually get fit & facial hair, males usually get fit & makeup) ...I should go back to rolling for them. I made a list of all the turn on/offs I'm willing to use and then divided them up and numbered them (hair gets rolled a second time for color/hat), certain numbers have different choices for male or female.

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 22, 13:02:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Chemistry and bolts use a combination of zodiac sign, turn-ons/turn-offs, aspiration, and interests/personality. You are guaranteed to have a 3-bolt couple if both sims are, say, Capricorn knowledge sims with black hair and glasses, who are attracted to black hair and glasses, and have exactly the same personality points. Certain zodiac signs and aspirations are more compatible than others. For example, family and knowledge sims are highly compatible, but knowledge and popularity sims are not. I have a popularity/knowledge couple in my game who have the same zodiac sign and compatible turn-ons/offs, but their respective aspirations keep them from having 3 bolts for each other. It really is a combination of all these factors that determines how many bolts a couple will have for each other.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 22, 19:14:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

random info
with InSIM you can change the Zodiac without changing the personality (with testingcheats enabled, if you change the personality too much then the Zodiac sign changes). I assume Zodiac signs could be changed in SimPE without the personality being changed but I haven't tried it.

Every once in awhile I post something then say to myself, "That was dumb, everyone knows that already." Later I am relieved when someone posts back that it helped them.

I've got a real life couple in my game and carefully worked on their personalities so that they matched the people I know. The only problem was that it created a 1 bolt couple even though I specifically made their turn ons/offs to match the other Sim rather than to reflect real life. The problem is that the couple is a 3 bolt couple in real life, in the way that Sims with 3 bolts always have to be up each other's asses whenever they are together.

I've seen the InSim option to change their Zodiac sign, as well as the one available on the lot debugger, but was always afraid that it would change their personalities and I wouldn't be able to get them back exactly the same way they were. So thanks for posting that. Cool I'm going to fix things as soon as I get back into the game.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 22, 21:13:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think there's value in posting almost anything. Though many of us here have been around long enough to know what does what... a lot of people (myself at times) lurk for answers to questions they feel may be too stupid to ask.

Sleepycat... I did eventually use Insim to switch it up because it was just too darn easy.

Playing Uni with my random yet nearly identical dormies showed me the mixed blessing great chemistry (with everyone they clap eyes on) could be.
Suppose the problem is that I cave to my Sim's wants so even if I'm not intending to 'get them with someone', if they're mooning over someone, I'll let it happen. While it was handy for putting Romance sims through, playing a Fortune Student who easily made it through the same way (graduating with a perfect grade despite barely writing exams, an inventory bursting with expensive gifts and something like 52 loves) made me realize that though the Romance LTWs are a blast to play, I probably shouldn't be corrupting all my sims that way, heh heh.

eta:
(I talk too much... shrug)
Mine almost all have the same turn-ons/offs too. If I'm playing them in a Romantic way, (regardless of asp) they'll get black hair, fit or costume makeup (most of my sims have black hair, they all end up fit and because I've deleted so many eyes, they all wear contacts) I don't care what gender they decide to pursue, most of my males wear makeup (eyelids) and glasses mean jewellry or piercings so facial hair would be the only gender specific thing I could pick. (sometimes used for Legacy heir/esses)

Not that any of it matters, I had 2 bolt roommates that couldn't keep their hands off each other and when I peeked, they were a perfectly unlikely pair. He was a fat redhead (her turn-ons: blonde, fit/fat turn-off..) He liked black hair and makeup/fit turn-off, she was fit and barefaced with brown hair. Of course they were both Knowledge and had good compatible zodiacs...
« Last Edit: 2007 July 22, 21:32:26 by Zeljka » Logged

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 22, 23:11:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When I first started to play I tried all the aspirations, I found my favourite to be knowledge Sims. As it's been mentioned they want easy things (knowledge which kills time and makes money), plus they are great parents, always wanting to teach the toddlers skills, get them into private school, high marks etc. In fact I start all my kids off this way and then watch while are at Uni to see how they act and adjust them accordingly. Also they make great husbands or wives or even partners, they roll whoo hoo wants and all the romance stuff like Romance Sims if you nudge them a bit and they are maxed on skills and jobs, in fact they roll all the wants when I think about it from a microwave to a good harvest.. Easy Peasy…hee hee!

But then I got interested in Romance Sims, I even designed a whole beautiful water neighbourhood for them. I meticulously designed them outside the game maxing all the ‘stun on sight genes', I built purpose made nightclubs, restaurants and shops for them including gift and flower shops (which coincidently boosted my own Sim into being a millionaire through the sale of expensive perfume, flowers, gifts and food), downloaded lots of ‘on the pull kit' Pes's Romance mod and… then I let them loose…  Shocked

Oh my! I had the time of my life! And so did they of course. They do autonomously make out when downtown or just shopping when I'm not controlling them, making them amusing to watch all the time. I don't have any fights with the mod in place and they stay to bonking each other rather than the other aspirations, (although I have a fortune Sim, daughter of the furniture shop guy in Bluewater,) who is head over heels with a Romance Sims she *cough* met *cough* at a collage party…could be interesting I guess).

The majority are getting a little old now even with the constant use of the magic anti aging serum and I'm thinking about letting them have some beautiful children to breath some fresh genes into the favourite main hood (their hood is a downtown), a couple of them have had babies; Two girls and they are great parents and behave around the kids even though they don't live with the father/mother of the children. My only worry is letting them age and die, they are all so damn rich who is going to waste money in my chain of shops?

Conclusion is it's a tie between Romance and knowledge Sims, I would describe myself as knowledge Sim and in real life these two personalities are at odds, but this game and the couple of mods I have to balance it out make them the most enjoyable Sims to play. I agree about the pleasure Sims I think friendship and loafing should be their diet not aping Romance Sims then jumping on the couch to celebrate…Get serious guys! Loafing and pleasure need planning and money; forget the bubbles and coffee get a great job and start to screw everyone around you like a politician or movie star!  Grin

Oh thanks for the info about the 50 dates, I do have a crazy pleasure Sim who has this want I had every intention of re-rolling (to grilled cheese I was feeling mean) as she is happy with a guy, but now she can party till she is platinum. 

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: