More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 26, 08:08:25

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Lights wonīt effect objects
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Lights wonīt effect objects  (Read 5846 times)
Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Lights wonīt effect objects
« on: 2007 July 19, 19:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a problem with the lighting. I thought, maybe my computer is the reason. But I have a new computer and the problem is still there.

The lighting in the upper floor does not work. I build a house, buy the lighting, switch on all lamps. Everything goes. However, if I have played then some time in the basement and go then again upwards, it is dark there! To switch on the light then again, I have to go to the Buy Mode and click the Objects with the hand in the buy mode. Then the objects became brighter. Sometimes it also helps to zoom closer to the objects.
Well, the lights are on now, i go back to the basement. When i than go upward, the lights are out! It is always the same.
I have no idea whatīs the reason for that! I have no Hacks or Downloads in my game.

My settings in the graphic options are "high". But if i change this to low or middle, itīs the same.

My graphic driver is updatet.
Here are some pictures. First, before clicking in the buy mode, the second after clicking in the buy mode or zoomed in:

I have installed all Epīs. My system:

Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 / 2.4 GHz
2 GB, DDR II SDRAM
2 Single-GPU-Karten (SLI)
NVIDIA GeForce 7900 GS,256 MB
Digital-Video-Standard: Digital Visual Interface (DVI)
« Last Edit: 2007 July 19, 19:21:53 by Dupli » Logged
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
Re: Lightning wonīt effect objects
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 19, 19:18:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My game is doing the same thing, even when I use the lot lighting reset cheat.   Huh

Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Re: Lightning wonīt effect objects
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 19, 19:21:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I also tried the cheat wihtout a result  Angry
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Lights wonīt effect objects
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 19, 19:35:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

After I installed Seasons I started noticing that.  I kind of fooled around with it, and I noticed when I was in build mode that if I viewed the lot from the top and then went to the "floor" above the highest floor (the roof, in essence), the rooms I was having trouble with didn't have grid lines all the way across.  There was a space in the middle of the affected rooms that didn't have grid lines.  I laid down floor tile across the tops of these rooms, which "grew" gridlines out until the whole room was covered, then removed the tiles -- grid complete.  Then I went back to the game and the lighting problem was fixed.

Does that make any sense?  I feel like I'm rambling.  I'm not sure I could recreate it and take pictures, since I fixed the rooms that were like that.  Unless ... I might have a dorm room that's like that, which I couldn't fix because of the dormitory zoning.  I can check when I get home, if need be.

I don't know why this caused a problem or why it fixed it, but it can't hurt for you to look at your "ceilings."

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 19, 19:50:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, but I also have this problem with original houses! The house, you can see on the picture, is original by Maxis! Just on Community Lots the lighting is okay.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 19, 19:58:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My houses are all original Maxis houses.  I don't build, and I don't download houses from anywhere.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 19, 20:00:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

IMO the maxis houses are the worst for this. Check the roof space and put tiles in it.

Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 19, 20:31:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I did. All the grindlines are there and there are no spaces...
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 19, 20:50:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Dupli its caused by the ceiling lamp they are buggy same with the other one its something in the way they work. Or should work.
Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 20, 06:30:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, that means, all my lamp are buggy? I canīt believe that!

Something is borking my lighting, but how to find out, what it is? I am using CEP and I installed it yesterday (CEP 6). I also installed the sriptorium.

So, what can I do?
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 20, 07:36:03 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Not all your Lamps only the one shown in your picture and the other one similar build but with a glass bowl. Its the lightning point who gets borked when you switch between base and upper floors. Blame maxis programmers.
Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 20, 08:32:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Okay, I see. But i am having this problem wiith every single lamp! Only the floor lamps are working. I donīt know, perhaps it is something wiith the scripts or perhaps the patches are making some problems?

Perhaps I should reinstall the game, wihout patching is  Huh
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 20, 08:47:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No it would not help i have seen its with all lights the same. But most visible with the one Lamp in your pic.

See it in my game.

If you look in the other rooms its the same with objects to dark. But most visible with the cheap Ceiling Lamp.
It is a prob since the base Game so i am sure there is nothing you could do against this, the Game has probs with Storys and Ceiling Lamps.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 20, 08:58:44 by Havelock » Logged
Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 20, 09:08:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, that was very helpfull for me. Now I know, that itīs not just my problem! Thank you very much for your help and the pictures!!!
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 25, 02:06:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That's the only light I use in any of my homes (except for the occasional bedroom lamp) and it was fine until I installed Nightlife. 
I still use Inge's light concealer so I really don't care what it looks like, I just used it because it was cheap, seemed to shed the most light, (until now) and was the least intrusive when not concealed.

The lots that already had it were still ok, but putting it in new homes very rarely works.

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Dupli
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 26, 10:58:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So, you guess, NL is the problem?

I have written an email in EA Games. I should send my game to the Customer Support. The Base Game and every Expansion Pack will be exchanged.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 26, 22:51:13 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In my game, it started at NL but it wouldn't be fair for me to say NL per se has a problem because my game is very non-standard
-7Gig of compressed CC, including nearly 400 hacks and other items that mod game behaviour.
I don't have anything that I would expect to affect light, but for all I know something as benign as a custom mirror could share a line of code with those specific ceiling lights.

Then again, I did have issues in the barenekkid game for the half hour I tried it - pillows turned purple when the beds were in use, as did the newspaper when being read, before the stuff went back in... so maybe it was NL!?

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: