More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 22:30:22

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Own a business, buy pets, have old guys permanently in a University town
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Own a business, buy pets, have old guys permanently in a University town  (Read 10988 times)
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
Re: Own a business, buy pets, have old guys permanently in a University town
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 22, 19:56:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

why? Why do we plays sims at all? Cuz we want to see what the game will do--that's why.

Because I want Uni to be more fun. Because I want my students to be able to have real pets even if that means they have to leave them behind when graduation comes along. Hence the professors etc: they will be there to grow and breed pets.

I want a few of my students to be able to live there after they graduate if at all possible so they can interact with the students and recycle the pets to new ones. They'll need jobs. IF I can get it work....

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 23, 00:40:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, it's your game, and you're entitled to fuxx0r it if you want to. *shrugs*

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 23, 10:19:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you're that eager to make your game (and possibly computer) go kerplode, check out things like Inteenimator's site. I don't know what it was we had, but Silly (not Brynne) set up Sims on her old computer in such a way that one of my sims graduated (while living in a non-dorm/greek house on the Uni campus) and remained there with her child's other parent. Of course, these things causing the problems they do, Silly ended up going without a computer for a good three years. She's finally got her own again and is capable of kerploding it whichever way she prefers.

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 23, 21:01:54 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had the Numenorian Dorm in my Game, have added some other playables and wendt to main Hood to buy a Pet with the adult "Housekeeper". It worked fine but the Adult Housekeeper got no Carpool in the old Dorm.
So i got him a new House. We got Newspaper for him and a Carpool only the Pet could not get a Job.
He aged normal also in his House. It is nice to play there when the Mascots arrive or a Cheerleader, even Streakers are there.
He is Secret Society Member also and has many Friends there at the Uni.
And my Game and Puter are not explodet.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 23, 22:01:22 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet.

*shrug* It's your game. You want to screw it up, go for it. I just wouldn't go around recommending what you are doing.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 24, 00:54:34 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks for the info Havelock! Gladtoknow that the oldguy still doing ok.

As for exploding PCs: I doubt it will explode my PC, my hood maybe......
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 24, 10:53:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet.

*shrug* It's your game. You want to screw it up, go for it. I just wouldn't go around recommending what you are doing.

I just LOVE it when they jab their grubby little fingers in their ears and start singing "I can't hear you! It may break thousands of games but it hasn't happened to ME yet so it doesn't exist!"

...makes it all the more fun to poke them when they come back saying "I don't get it.. all of a sudden.. foom!"  Cheesy

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 24, 11:02:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There is no reason to believe that anything fatal will happen to you game if you marry a Uni NPC. While Uni NPCs continue to exhibit their more annoying behaviors even when removed from the Uni NPC pool, these behaviors are essentially harmless. There is also no real reason to believe that moving a non-Uni character into Uni will harm anything, but he will be very limited in what he can do: He may not be able to go to work as the Work Controllers won't fire correctly, and he won't age because Uni lots don't have aging. Giving your Uni sims a pet is also basically harmless, except you will not be able to take the pet with you easily when you leave. Basically, all these cases can be worked around if you know how to deal with them.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Havelock
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 24, 13:07:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yet.

I just LOVE it when they jab their grubby little fingers in their ears and start singing "I can't hear you! It may break thousands of games but it hasn't happened to ME yet so it doesn't exist!"

...makes it all the more fun to poke them when they come back saying "I don't get it.. all of a sudden.. foom!"  Cheesy

I dont care about the Hood go splodie because its the merged Pleasantview. She is doomed at some point.
I play the Hood now some time had a YA pregnant there.
The Kid grow up normal, exept i had him move out before teen or he would skip teen age and go straight for YA on his birtday. I have no Uni NPC married or invited to live there. Everything works normal in this special House. But i let you all know when my hood wendt to a BfBvfOS.
Feel free to point and lought at me at this time, but the fun was it wort. I enjoy every single moment there.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 24, 17:27:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Besides a hood thats no fun SHOULD go 'xplodie! Makes for more fun!
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: