More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 03:22:56

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Relationships Between Townies
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Relationships Between Townies  (Read 5780 times)
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
Relationships Between Townies
« on: 2007 July 17, 18:13:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, so I started up a brand new custom hood last night, generated some townies, and built my simmies a house.  I played them for less than one sim day and I was paying careful attention to who came on the lot because I was hoping some of them would use my newly decustomized skins.  This morning I went into simPE to check out all of the townies to see if ANY of them used my custom skins (stupid sadorandom!) and I noticed that three townies had friendships in the 60/30 range.  A woman, a man, and a child.  The man did come onto my sims lot during play but the woman and the child did not so I don't see how any of them could even know each other.  None of my other townies show relationships with each other or even know each other yet (which is what I expected).  I was wondering if this was normal or if my new hood is already borked. 

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
reggikko
Axe Murderer
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
Re: Relationships Between Townies
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 17, 18:18:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The game assigns random friendships to townies just like it does for skill points and jobs.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 17, 20:01:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Game Gives To Townies
Many Random Attributes
Perfectly Normal

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 18, 00:42:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

This is part of the reason why they so quickly get to a point where they'll do the hibbity. With ACR, of course.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 18, 00:57:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thank you everyone for your help!  It just seemed so strange that only those three sims had relationships and only with each other.  Sadorandom again, I guess.
And Pes, I thoroughly enjoyed your poem.  Is it possible for you to permanently craft all of your responses to game problems in haiku form?

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 18, 02:12:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ok, thank you everyone for your help!  It just seemed so strange that only those three sims had relationships and only with each other.  Sadorandom again, I guess.
And Pes, I thoroughly enjoyed your poem.  Is it possible for you to permanently craft all of your responses to game problems in haiku form?

In case you didn't notice, he's been doing well all day. I doubt anything too complex can be answered that way, and only haikus all the time would be hard to do, but I could see this starting a new tradition for stupid questions such as works of the non-awesome (only a dozen a day, it's calming down!) and BFBVFS to be answered wittily in haiku

INFP or something
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 18, 03:12:09 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have something to ask along these lines. When a teen sneaks out with a friend, who's car does the friend pick your sim up in?
Is there a teen job that has a limo? Oddest thing, one of my teens townie friends picked him up in a limo. For story telling puposes because i'm weird that way, I just said that the friend was the son of the mayor. It was still a bit odd. I scrapped that family and can't remember the townie so i'm not sure if he'd do it again.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 18, 04:00:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sneaking Out In Limo
Is Cheaper In Some Cities
Than Calling Taxis

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
syberspunk
Heretic
Terrible Twerp

ISTJ - what a crazy random happenstance

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 18, 17:25:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Maybe the townie hotwired the limo? lol. Cheesy

Curious tho... if the game randomly assigns friendships... does it also randomly assign enemiships... er... yeah.  If not, anyway to make it so the range of randomly assigned friendships includes negative points as well?

My game needs MOAR FIGHT! lol. Grin

Ste

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 18, 17:32:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have something to ask along these lines. When a teen sneaks out with a friend, who's car does the friend pick your sim up in?
Is there a teen job that has a limo? Oddest thing, one of my teens townie friends picked him up in a limo. For story telling puposes because i'm weird that way, I just said that the friend was the son of the mayor. It was still a bit odd. I scrapped that family and can't remember the townie so i'm not sure if he'd do it again.

I always figured it was the family car.  I've had teens picked up in limos, in sports cars, and other nice cars, I think (those townie kids come from well-off families!); and once -- only once -- in a rusty rattletrap.  It was when I first got the game, and Angela Pleasant snuck out with Dustin Broke, whose family was utterly destitute at the time.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 18, 17:36:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Curious tho... if the game randomly assigns friendships... does it also randomly assign enemiships... er... yeah.  If not, anyway to make it so the range of randomly assigned friendships includes negative points as well?

Just have your sims spend a couple of hours on community lots with enemiesaccumulate and fightclub in your game, and soon enough random townie fights will be breaking out everywhere. Smiley

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count
jolrei
Senator

Son of Perdition

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 18, 20:36:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've had teens picked up in limos, in sports cars, and other nice cars, I think (those townie kids come from well-off families!); and once -- only once -- in a rusty rattletrap.  It was when I first got the game, and Angela Pleasant snuck out with Dustin Broke, whose family was utterly destitute at the time.

In my last hood, one of my female teens snuck out with a girlfriend of hers and was picked up in the limo - the girlfriend's dad was a CEO or Chief of Medical Staff, or something like that.  I'm not sure how the game assigns a car if a townie teen is part of the sneak out.

Tribulatio proxima est
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 18, 20:45:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In case you didn't notice, he's been doing well all day. I doubt anything too complex can be answered that way, and only haikus all the time would be hard to do, but I could see this starting a new tradition for stupid questions such as works of the non-awesome (only a dozen a day, it's calming down!) and BFBVFS to be answered wittily in haiku

Yeah, I noticed that Pescado is having fun with haikus in lots of threads.  It really made me crack up, and my request for all support to come in haiku form was in jest.  Although I actually do like your idea of answering stupid BBS questions in haiku.  It would do wonders for the MATY reputation, I imagine.  People would be even more afraid of us (as in, "What is up with those people and their weird poems?  I asked four questions there and all I got were haiku answers...I don't think I'm going back there")

notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 21, 08:34:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

In that case, Pescado DEFINITELY needs to start answering sheep-questions in haiku form!

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: