More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 07:04:43

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Oops! You Broke It!
| | | |-+  Glitched Pet Graves!
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Glitched Pet Graves!  (Read 5214 times)
Kittylynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
Glitched Pet Graves!
« on: 2007 July 20, 05:31:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems I can't keep pet graves on any lot in my game.  It doesn't seem to matter which neighborhood either.  Pets in general lag my lots, but I'm trying to play the Family Breed points in my Legacy and it doesn't seem right to give away or sell the elderly pets so they don't die and cause a glitched grave.

The specific problem I have with pet graves starts a couple of Sim hours after I have a Pet die.  The game will just freeze.  I did the testing cheats to see if I could get an error message and I got one, but it didn't make any sense to me.  It did refer to the dead pet and when I hit reset, it just popped up again.  When I hit Delete the pet grave was deleted.  I did the same test on 2 different lots in all of my neighborhoods.  Same reaction.  I have all the Maxis hoods except for Veronaville and 3 custom hoods, one of them being my Apo Legacy hood.  The only hacks I had in my game at the time of testing was the Seasons - Directors cut from here.
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
Re: Glitched Pet Graves!
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 20, 05:43:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Post Your Error Logs
They Are Not For You To See
You Are Non-Awesome

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 20, 06:12:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Use this guideline: http://www.moreawesomethanyou.com/smf/index.php/topic,7437.msg208014.html#msg208014

How To: Get An Error Log
Guidelines for error log submission

Post your error log and Big Fish will take a look. Smiley

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Kittylynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 20, 06:18:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Here are a few of the error logs that I saved, not much fun being non-awesome, lol!  Thanks in advance for your help, hope it's something simple!
« Last Edit: 2007 July 20, 06:24:16 by J. M. Pescado » Logged
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 20, 06:26:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Code Is Non-Maxis
The Non-Awesome Is To Blame
Remove Non-Awesome

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Kittylynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 20, 06:39:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Did I make a mistake?  Were those the wrong logs?  I give full permission to make fun of me, but the haiku doesn't explain very much.
Baroness
witch
Breakfast of Champions!
Senator

Shunning the accursed daystar.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 20, 06:50:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's telling you that your problems are not related to hacks from here but from other non-awesome hacks you have from elsewhere. Go back, back, back to the FAQ and suss out how to identify those.

My fists are named Feminine and Wiles.
Kittylynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 20, 07:03:01 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had cleared out all of my non-awesome hacks.  I knowingly had a small handfull of them, something must have snuck into my game or been overlooked.  What a hassle.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 20, 08:10:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

KittyLynn:

Get Clean Installer and Hack Conflict Detector.

Use Clean Installer to segregate all red-lined items into a HACKS folder.

Use Hack Conflict Detector to find ut which hacks are fighting with each other.

Remove or use Clean Installer to disable all non-awesome hacks.

If conflict continues, which it likely won't, then report back.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Strangel
Nitwitted Nuisance

Strangelet watches Star Wars with an iPhone. Geek.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 20, 10:49:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I thought I had cleared out all of my non-awesome hacks.  I knowingly had a small handfull of them, something must have snuck into my game or been overlooked.  What a hassle.

If you've downloaded lots, they sometimes piggyback hacks from the uploader's game and install them in yours.

Edit: We were all exceedingly Non-Awesome once*. Stick around, learn The Ways Of Teh ARR, and you'll catch on quick. The fact that your posts aren't chock full of misspells, demands, and random punctuation spam (HuhHuh??!!!!!onety'leven) will get you help around here a lot quicker. Nice going!

*This is not a claim of my own Awesomeness as I am clearly labeled "Un-Awesome".
-twists sideways to show off stapled on tag-
However, there's a big difference between Non-Awesome or Un-Awesome and being a So-Very-Retardolander.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 20, 10:57:02 by Strangel » Logged

Jelendra: Welcome to the dark side. We have Eric. [True Blood Thread]
[14:26] notovny: Indeed. Pepperidge Farm Breakfast Kittens are delicious.
Om-Nom-Nomed as Throat of #grah 08.07.08 ISFP
Kittylynn
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 20, 16:34:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well the only hack conflict (of the 6 that popped up on the detector) that could be causing the problem is a non-Maty hacked sign to eliminate strays from the lot that it's displayed on.  I have only used it on one lot, ever.  But I guess it just being in the game was enough to cause issues with a Buy-able version of that Pet Controller Bird that you can normally Spawn in Debug Mode.

Of course I haven't killed off any Pets in my game yet to test it, but that was the only Pet related conflict.  I will certainly be back if the problem hasn't been fixed by the removal of both conflicting hacks.  Hopefully though, this will be the end of it!  Smiley Thanks very much to all who have helped this morning! 
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser

Humourless Priss

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 20, 19:12:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems I can't keep pet graves on any lot in my game.  It doesn't seem to matter which neighborhood either.  Pets in general lag my lots, but I'm trying to play the Family Breed points in my Legacy and it doesn't seem right to give away or sell the elderly pets so they don't die

Why not?  There is nothing in the rules against it.  I have two elderly cats who are not well and I don't feel like watching Sim Pets get old and die, too.  I make copious use of Kibble of Life and then sell or give them away. 

Also, selling them can make you a lot of money--over six thousand Simoleans for a fully trained Pet at the top of its career.

This doesn't fix your glitch problem, but why risk glitched pet graves when there's nothing in the rules that says your pets have to die?  You don't even get points for the platstones, as Pets don't have LTWs or platstones.

PB

Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 20, 22:13:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Because everything dies?
professorbutters
Humourless Egghead
Lipless Loser