More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 May 01, 17:52:45

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Playing with fridge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playing with fridge  (Read 20770 times)
MattyDienhoff
Asinine Airhead

Extra-Tasty Tourist

View Profile
Re: Playing with fridge
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 18, 19:37:11 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, it definitely wasn't there in the base game. I'm certain of that. But you're probably right it didn't come with Seasons. Because until very recently I had only played the base game, then bought four expansions all in one go, so I'm still a bit fuzzy on exactly what each one added.  Cheesy
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 18, 19:42:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pool game "Timle Tourneau" and the pool slide were the features that came with Seasons. It is so funny to watch a sim with low body skill slide down the pool.  Cheesy

Is that what they're saying! Thank you, Cabelle -- that's too funny!  I have them play Marco Polo quite often -- it's cute, especially when the "polo" person cheats -- but it never occurred to me that the Simlish words for Marco Polo had any meaning  Cheesy

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 18, 20:29:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

When playing catch mean sims will sometimes try to peg the other sim with the ball, but I don't think they lose any relationship.  It's pretty funny to watch.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 18, 21:09:26 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hungry dogs not specifically trained on pet food will either knock over the trash can and eat the garbage, or will eat the flowers. It doesn't harm the flowers as far as I can tell, and it satisfies hunger.

I was rather surprised recently to see one of my dogs cue up an "ask owner to fill the pet food dish" action. I'd not seen that before.

Unsouper
Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 18, 21:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird thing happen in my game recently where on of the teens in my legacy household climbed onto the fridge door and started swinging on it. I have never ever seen this before and I seem to remember that her fun was really low in a post-homwework stress sort of way. It got me wondering whether there were any other odd play with interactions that I've missed/yet to see.

Does anyone know if they can break the fridge that way?

The only thing I have actually seen that surprised me was one of my sims cheating at darts Cheesy I didn't know they could do that! I thought they could only cheat at chess.

ElviraGoth
Knuckleheaded Knob

Just another shitty day in paradise

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 18, 21:53:44 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The playing with the refrigerator thing was one of the first strange autonomous things I saw a sim do - it was a sim teen who's aspiration had gone into the red from a death fear.  And she had wants I had a hard time satisfying at the time.

I just had a cat go watch a ghost that was on the lot.  It had a sim's face in the queue, and when I moused over it the box said "Watch".  The cat went to where the ghost was at the time and watched it drift around the lot, following it for awhile.

Werewolf?<br />There! There wolf!  There castle!
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 18, 22:03:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Hungry dogs not specifically trained on pet food will either knock over the trash can and eat the garbage, or will eat the flowers. It doesn't harm the flowers as far as I can tell, and it satisfies hunger.

I was rather surprised recently to see one of my dogs cue up an "ask owner to fill the pet food dish" action. I'd not seen that before.

I've seen hungry dogs eat snow, and I've also seen cats jump up on the kitchen counter to eat from the serving platter while Sims are at the table.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 18, 22:28:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Does anyone know if they can break the fridge that way?

I had a whole family of Sims that used to do it several times a day. I think it is the playfulness factor. I rarely see it any more though so it may also include low aspirations since I saw it much more often when I first started playing than I do now. Anyway, I kept the same fridge in that house that they started with and nothing bad ever happend to either the fridge or the Sims. The only problem was that whenever someone wanted to cook something, they would complain that they couldn't use the fridge because someone else was swinging on the door. Like you, I kept thinking that surely they would end up breaking the door off. It just never happened.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 19, 01:02:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pool game "Timle Tourneau" and the pool slide were the features that came with Seasons. It is so funny to watch a sim with low body skill slide down the pool.  Cheesy

Is that what they're saying! Thank you, Cabelle -- that's too funny!  I have them play Marco Polo quite often -- it's cute, especially when the "polo" person cheats -- but it never occurred to me that the Simlish words for Marco Polo had any meaning  Cheesy

Yeah, I remember hearing that in one of the designer blog videos for Seasons. It's supposed to be a nod to Tim LeTourneau, one of the original designers behind Sims2. Smiley

Emma
Goopy Lover
Dead Member

All Pescados Suck.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 19, 06:07:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a whole family of Sims that used to do it several times a day. I think it is the playfulness factor. I rarely see it any more though so it may also include low aspirations since I saw it much more often when I first started playing than I do now. Anyway, I kept the same fridge in that house that they started with and nothing bad ever happend to either the fridge or the Sims. The only problem was that whenever someone wanted to cook something, they would complain that they couldn't use the fridge because someone else was swinging on the door. Like you, I kept thinking that surely they would end up breaking the door off. It just never happened.

Aww that's a shame Cheesy

Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 19, 16:58:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was at that selfish Green mother's house in Meadow Lawns last night to fast forward her to baby time, and one of the guys in her welcome wagon went and swung from the fridge door after about an hour. Grown men, swinging from the fridge.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 21, 22:46:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The 'float on back' thing has definitely been around since before Seasons (I don't have Seasons installed, and I can direct my sims to float on their backs when swimming), and I'm pretty sure I've been able to do this since the base game. The thing that really cracks me up is when visitors with high neat points autonomously do the cleaning and gardening. I have my playable sims make nice with them and invite them over often. Cheesy

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
Marchioness
rohina
Horny Turkey
Grammar Police

"So MEAN!"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 21, 23:17:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I was at that selfish Green mother's house in Meadow Lawns last night to fast forward her to baby time, and one of the guys in her welcome wagon went and swung from the fridge door after about an hour. Grown men, swinging from the fridge.

I once had an extremely poor sim with a business who was selling jello, and all her customers would obsessively swing on the fridge because there was nothing else to do on the lot.

SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 22, 06:08:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The thing that really cracks me up is when visitors with high neat points autonomously do the cleaning and gardening.

I love that too, except when I take one of my neat Sims to a community lot, and instead of looking for a date they start doing the dishes at restaurants.  Sad

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #39 on: 2007 July 22, 19:52:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a hack floating around called 'NoCommunityPlateClearing' that stops that -- unfortunately, I have it in my miscellaneous hack directory and can't remember where I got it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
SJActress
Knuckleheaded Knob

Suck it, Jesus! This avatar is my God now!

View Profile
« Reply #40 on: 2007 July 22, 20:07:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's a hack floating around called 'NoCommunityPlateClearing' that stops that -- unfortunately, I have it in my miscellaneous hack directory and can't remember where I got it.

Thanks, I managed to find Inge's here, but she's says it's obsolete since there's a better hack somewhere.  Undecided

* SJ goes off in search of this better hack.

Who doesn't like kitties? KITTIES! They're cute! They're fuzzy!
Try this before posting, n00b.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: 2007 July 22, 20:56:41 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

* SJ goes off in search of this better hack.
Let us know if you find something better. I quit using Inge's version because although it worked, you couldn't clean up dishes on Secret Society lots. If it disabled the autonomous clearing but left in manual cleaning, it would have been ok. But as it is, you can't even direct a Sim to clean up the plates on the SS lots.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #42 on: 2007 July 22, 22:00:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The one I have isn't Inge's, though it may be an improved version of her hack, because it has an ' - OFB' in the name, and Inge's isn't listed as OFB-compatible.  I'm pretty sure it still allows manual clearing, but I'm still trying to track down the original zip to find out where I got it.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #43 on: 2007 July 22, 23:47:21 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

"But as it is, you can't even direct a Sim to clean up the plates on the SS lots"

I do/did this all the time? Err haven't done for a while now but I have defiantly used a spare SS member to clean this way a lot and it's worked ok? Is this a Seasons thing? Drat.

Cute things…Romance Sims (and others) walking past each other when shopping doing that "Call me!" thing, pointing and mimicking making a call with their hands.

Award for Best Autonomous Action- at a nightclub 8 Sims began dancing the Smusel (?) in time with each other! Better…the songs playing were The Adams Groove, MC Hammer followed by Scoobydoo- The Mystery Mix Techno! Yeah I have a whacked sense of humour but I was very amused by this and wished to God I'd put in Thriller by Wacko in as well!

Award for best coincidence goes to my granddaughters wedding music, A Whiter Shade of Pale, Procol Harum, I forgot I left the rock option on but it was perfect. Smiley

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
notveryawesome
Stupid Schlemiel

INTJ. I like putting hats on my avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #44 on: 2007 July 23, 00:13:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hack 'NoCommunityPlateClearing-OFB' is by Blackwiddow [sic] at MTS2.

MyPrecious, it is Inge's version of the above-mentioned hack that caused no plate-clearing at SS lots, not game borkage.

Disclaimer: I am condescending, arrogant, pedantic, and have a foot-shaped mouth. I also like to throw stones from my glass house. Resemblance to any persons, living or dead, is purely coincidental.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #45 on: 2007 July 23, 00:24:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks notveryawesome (I'm sure that wasn't always your name?) Another blonde moment due to 3 Seasons patchs and excessive gaming...excuses is all I have   Grin

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
PlayLives
Irritating Ignoramus

I don't speak Awesome.

View Profile
« Reply #46 on: 2007 July 23, 01:06:39 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I love it when cats do the "watch" thing. I have a cat on one lot that does this all the time. She will even "sing" along when someone is playing the piano.
I also like to see toddlers rock out to the stereo.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

View Profile
« Reply #47 on: 2007 July 23, 01:51:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The hack 'NoCommunityPlateClearing-OFB' is by Blackwiddow [sic] at MTS2.

Yea, that's the one I have, and there's a Seasons version now too: http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=189853

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Count Four
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #48 on: 2007 July 24, 03:54:10 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

A while back, I had a sim living a rags to riches scenario. His house was a foundation-less shack set on the ground.  One evening, after he'd been relaxing on the bed for awhile, he got up and headed outside.  There wasn't anything outside, not even landscaping. It was after dark, so no walk-bys and he had no gnome for anybody to have stolen...  So I'm thinking, what the fuck are you up to now?

He went around the side of the house and washed the window.

I've only seen it once. The same sim never did it again, nor has any other.  I'm waiting with a finger on printscreen now, though. He only did the one window, then broke off and did the little "I'm fucking tired" thing, as his energy was in the red anyway.

Humans need fantasy to be human. To be the place where the falling angel meets the rising ape.
Kala
Dimwitted Dunce

Stop Screwing!!

View Profile
« Reply #49 on: 2007 July 24, 05:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

water wiggler?  I don't have any stuff packs.

BTW Didn't these dumb ass sims see the episode of Punky Brewster when the kid got stuck in the fridge and almost died?

You can spell and that's great.  What else can you do?  Being an ass doesn't count.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: