More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 11:24:58

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Playing with fridge
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Playing with fridge  (Read 20704 times)
Marchioness
eevilcat
Retarded Reprobate

Poke, point, laugh...

View Profile
Playing with fridge
« on: 2007 July 17, 20:35:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I had a weird thing happen in my game recently where on of the teens in my legacy household climbed onto the fridge door and started swinging on it. I have never ever seen this before and I seem to remember that her fun was really low in a post-homwework stress sort of way. It got me wondering whether there were any other odd play with interactions that I've missed/yet to see.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
Re: Playing with fridge
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 17, 20:52:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you seen grouchy Sim kids rub their feet on the carpet and give their parents (or others) a static shock?

How about toddlers watching the fish in the fish tank?  I don't usually keep fish and saw that for the first time over the weekend.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 17, 20:57:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you had a sloppy sim child scavenge in the garbage can yet? If they are sloppy and there is no food on the lot, they will also eat out of it.

Have you seen the playful sims playing in the tub?

jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 17, 21:53:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite is when one sim is taking a shower, and another flushes in the same room -- the showering sim jumps out and gives the other one hell.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 17, 22:06:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My favorite is when one sim is taking a shower, and another flushes in the same room -- the showering sim jumps out and gives the other one hell.
I love that one, it took me forever to figure out why the showering sim was so upset!

I love when twins grow up from toddler to child. Often they look right at each other and hop with surprise, which I translate as "OMG, I have a twin!" moment (since they never really acknowledge each other before then).

Other did you knows:
toddlers can dance to the piano or stereo
red aspirationed kids will smash urns, despite having a high nice score, and despite fearing that the particular urn will be smashed
visiting sims will giggle at tombstones of sims they didn't like

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 17, 22:22:47 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Silly Sims Playing
With Inappropriate Thingies
Dumb Sim Behavior

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 18, 00:40:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I still love toddlers eating the chocolate spilled from the candy machine,
and 'steal bottle' which I have only seen them do once autonomously.... 

(that's right, I starve my toddlers then drop one bottle between them to watch them duke it out Cheesy)

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Orikes
Knuckleheaded Knob

Spifftastically Fantabulous!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 18, 01:19:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Howabout mean children playing cops and robbers? The 'winner' will run up and kick the loser. Smiley

Scratch
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 18, 02:11:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Yesterday, I had a teen sim doing yoga, he was trying to do the balance on 1 finger thing and he fell on his face   Cheesy ... i'd never seen that before
Baron
Marhis
Terrible Twerp

ISTP. Officially male since she plays MUDs

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 18, 03:16:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Very lazy sims can veg out cookies and stuff from the couch.

I say that a wise, when he does not know what he is talking about, should know enough to keep his mouth shut. -- C. Collodi, Pinocchio.
------
The one and only Rhayden's AIDE. Accept no substitutes.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 18, 03:21:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ewww...
morriganrant
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 18, 03:54:14 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

i heard somewhere that kids in aspiration failure will smash urns. haven't seen that one personally though.
I have seen them get off the buss and go stomp the flowers though.

One day in college I was feeling very stupid. So I drove with Ben down to Maitland and toured EA Tiburon for an hour as an 'honorary intern'. I left feeling MUCH smarter. I recommend the experience to everyone.  -this is a quote from an Ex-boyfriend of mine..
http://www.mediafire.com/?ng20de0zmly
Alie
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 18, 09:47:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Cats will watch the fish tank, too.

I heard that dogs will play with the water wiggler, but I don't currently have any in my game, so need to check that out.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 18, 09:51:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh, I remembered another one. Teens with low grades or low aspiration will kick over their own trashcan.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 18, 11:58:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you seen grouchy Sim kids rub their feet on the carpet and give their parents (or others) a static shock?

Is it just grouchiness that allows that? I've only seen it done by one Sim in the game. That's her in my avatar. She got stuck in that position and walked around with her brows furrowed and pointing at everyone she was interacting with. I've been trying to reproduce it ever since. I keep all personality types in my game. Some even have no niceness at all. IIRC, the girl in my avatar had about a 4 niceness.

Very lazy Sims can veg out cookies and stuff from the couch.

I have 2 very lazy families in my hood right now. Some have zero active points. But I have never seen this. Do you mean they search under the couch cushions for leftover snacks?

I'll have to keep a better watch on the cops and robbers kids. I'd like to see the kick.

I like fish tanks, but I don't put them in houses where the toddlers are extremely playful or all they will do is stand around and watch the fish all day.

Get a water wiggler for your dog and you never have to bathe them anymore. They'll take care of it themselves when their hygiene is low enough.

Now I'll add my own observations:

Have you seen your bird freak out when a wolf is in the room? Cats don't seem to bother them like they did in Sims 1, but have a wolf where they can see it and they go nuts.

I didn't see anyone mention the Sims that go around the house washing the windows.

Hungry dogs not specifically trained on pet food will either knock over the trash can and eat the garbage, or will eat the flowers. It doesn't harm the flowers as far as I can tell, and it satisfies hunger.

Dirty dogs will find dirty puddles to roll around in, as well as the knocked over trash. (If you click it says something like scold/praise for rolling in filth).

Servos will sometimes fix your broken appliances while visiting your lot.

I have a pic in RL where a ghost is coming home from school with her homework in hand.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 18, 12:03:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it just grouchiness that allows that? I've only seen it done by one Sim in the game. That's her in my avatar. She got stuck in that position and walked around with her brows furrowed and pointing at everyone she was interacting with. I've been trying to reproduce it ever since. I keep all personality types in my game. Some even have no niceness at all. IIRC, the girl in my avatar had about a 4 niceness.

I don't know, actually.  It had been a very long time since it had happened, and then within the last 2 weeks I saw it happen again.  The child in question only had one nice point, so I assumed that was the determining factor.  He also had full playful points, which makes for a grown-up prankster, so maybe that played in as well.  My assumptions may well be full of crap  Grin

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

Arina
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 18, 12:05:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you seen your bird freak out when a wolf is in the room? Cats don't seem to bother them like they did in Sims 1, but have a wolf where they can see it and they go nuts.

The birds don't seem to freak simply when they see a cat, but when a cat sits by the cage and is watching the bird (it actually comes up in the queue as 'watch', if I remember correctly), then the bird completely freaks. It's quite funny. I don't think the cats actually hurt the bird, though. (I never let wolves in the house, but a few of my houses have cats and birds, and I've definitely seen this reaction from the bird Smiley)
nocomment
Feckless Fool

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 18, 12:27:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

magicmoon - the kids can only do a static shock with the Maxis rugs. 

It doesn't work with echo's rugs.  I rarely use Maxis rugs, so I rarely see a child shocking anyone.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 18, 12:50:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I heard that dogs will play with the water wiggler, but I don't currently have any in my game, so need to check that out.
This is extremely useful because it will boost their hygiene without your need to intervene, making them almost as self-sufficient as cats, particularly if you place it such that it is favored as their primary source of fun. Too bad it doesn't work like that in real life, as the only thing that happens if you try that in real life is that your entire house smells like wet dog!

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
jsalemi
Town Crier
Vacuous Vegetable

In dog we trust, all others pay cash...

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 18, 13:22:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Grouchy kids will do it autonomously, but you can direct any kid to do it if you have a Maxis rug in the house.

Excelsior, you fathead!
I am Canadian.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 18, 17:50:05 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So that explains why I never see it. I stopped using the Maxis rugs when they went flat and no longer look like rugs. I sure wish Maxis would fix that. They may be worth using again though just to see stuff like this.

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Miao
Asinine Airhead

ISTP/INTP

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 18, 18:40:29 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've seen a Sim-kid with 6 nice points and one with IIRC 9/10 nice points zap other Sims with a static shock. I think it's more a Playful rather than a Grouchy attribute.

Traits: Unflirty, Loner, Frugal, Neurotic, No Sense of Humor, Good, Perfectionist.
Loves: spaghetti, indie, and lilac.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 18, 18:43:35 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I remembered another one.  Have you seen them float on their backs in the pool?  I've never seen them do it autonomously, but I was surprised to discover that it was an option one day. (Not many of my Sims have pools).

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

MattyDienhoff
Asinine Airhead

Extra-Tasty Tourist

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 18, 18:53:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I noticed that shortly after I installed Seasons, so I'm fairly sure that feature was added in it.

There's also an option for Sims to "Play Marco Polo" with other Sims in the pool, although I haven't tried that out yet.
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 18, 19:04:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think sims have ben able to float on their backs in the pool since the original game. It's mentioned in the original Prima guide, though I've never seen it myself. Probably because I tend to ignore sims while they're swimming. I have them on Free Will so when they're tired/hungry/need the bathroom they'll get out on their own. The pool game "Timle Tourneau" and the pool slide were the features that came with Seasons. It is so funny to watch a sim with low body skill slide down the pool.  Cheesy

Recently I had a pregnant sim automously rub her own belly. I'd never seen it before except for pictures in other gamer's stories. It's really cute. It's also cute when they rub their aching backs.
Pages: [1] 2 3 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: