More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 28, 08:37:36

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will real parties ever be possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will real parties ever be possible?  (Read 16578 times)
Baron
Tyyppi
Horrible Halfwit

Even more arrows in knees!

View Profile
Re: Will real parties ever be possible?
« Reply #25 on: 2007 July 19, 10:36:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh I remember the strippers and the mimes and Drew Carey. Good times indeed.

By the way which expansion pack added that creepy clown that barged into your house if you had that scary clown painting?

Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #26 on: 2007 July 19, 12:09:58 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Ooh I remember the strippers and the mimes and Drew Carey. Good times indeed.

By the way which expansion pack added that creepy clown that barged into your house if you had that scary clown painting?

Livin' Large, I believe.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: 2007 July 19, 16:24:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There were 3 strippers: a male, a female, and if you had one of each on the lot already there was a furry one.

I believe it was a pink gorllia with lipstick. Guess they recycled the mesh for Sims 2.

I may be remembering incorrectly, but the gorilla showed up randomly if certain conditions were not optimal. The male/female seemed to be related to whatever gender Sim interacted with the cake.

As NPCs, they were fairly useless; there were CC dancers that were spawned by marked floor tiles and that were far more amusing to watch interact with Sims.

SimWardrobe had a most excellent anti-Mime Squad mod that would respond to distress calls and chase the mime around with a disintegrator ray; he also had an anti-Clown Squad mod. Very amusing.

I replaced Drew Carey with NPC Replacer tools and turned him into an equally annoying celebrity. Alas, Sims still had the thought bubbles about Drew Carey, which was somewhat funny, as it looked like the arrogant celeb was being mistaken for Drew Carey and swarmed by Drew fans. Then again, I replaced every Townie and NPC with Sims I found mnore attractive or amusing. There were no default EAxian Sims in my hood.

Celebrations for Sims 2 should have had a stripper cake, I might have even acquired it in a fit of nostalgia if they did. That was amusing shit.

I never realized the moose was a party success indicator, as I didn't want a moose head on my walls, until I got SS or MM.

In MM, I stashed some furniture items up in the little cloud area with the sleeping Wright giant and had Sims skill or veg out up there, just to amuse myself. It served no other useful purpose.

The Portable Hole was a similarly clever touch.

I remember Butlers were typically closet lushes who would swarm the minibars in houses. I miss the minibars. They were easier to integrate into Sim houses.

I never messed much with Servos in Sims1, either.

My fave custom content was a SimFerret that did much of what SimCats did. They were cute to watch.

The animated 'spooky' paintings were a nice touch in MM. I never messed much with carnival rides or drunken gnomes or dragon pets. The recipes and potions were a nice touch, glad they reworked much of that for Seasons.

Both the MM magic dueling and SS skilling were a bit too easy to figure out, but the coded results were hilarial. I never tired of seeing Sims hop onto speakers, ride giant yellow ducks while clad in tinfoil, emote as angsty slam poets, or get dressed as teapots.

It's kind of amusing to look at the pixelated isometric (?) Sim1 universe now.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #28 on: 2007 July 19, 19:46:19 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Well, I dusted off my Sims 1 game; and using a female sim I could only order a female and male performer from the cakes.  No gorilla. Sad  I didn't have her start a party so I'll have to try that to see if it makes a difference.

Lorelei, do you still have the sim ferret?  I searched and searched but I could never find it. Sad
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #29 on: 2007 July 19, 21:11:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The same thing happened to me, missangelica.

There's also the flamingo that can be turned into an entertainer. Tongue
cabelle
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: 2007 July 19, 22:57:18 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I recall correctly the pink gorilla will come out of the cake if most of the guests are children. But it's been years since I played Sims 1 so I could be wrong.

I remember the Sims 1 campfire. Sims could roast marshmallows and tell ghost stories around it. Telling ghost stories would result in a ghost popping out of the fire and scaring the sims.  Cheesy Such fun! I hope we'll have that available with the campfires in Bon Voyage.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: 2007 July 20, 01:09:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You can't order a gorilla, it just sort of... happens. I noticed it when I placed lots and lots of cakes and just kept alternating male and female performers. It's a female I think.

INFP or something
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: 2007 July 20, 01:57:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never bothered with MM or SS because I figured TS2 was coming out so soon the last two EPs were just going to be thrown together garbage or a last ditch attempt to get 40 more dollars out of me before I spent another 40 on TS2 and never use any of the TS1 games again.  I'm kind of happy with that choice because once I got TS2 I couldn't go back and I haven't played TS1 again since.  I'm sure I still have the CDs around somewhere, but I don't know where.  I don't know if I'll buy the last few EPs for TS2 or no.  I'll probably get Bon Voyage because I really did like Vacation a lot.  I guess it depends on how excited I am by the prospect of TS3.  So far there isn't any solid information about it, and if it's not mod-friendly I doubt I'll buy it until someone figures out how to mod it.  But it sounds like most of you really enjoyed the last two EPs for TS1, so maybe I did miss out on something.  I'd love some opinions!

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: 2007 July 20, 06:06:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Lorelei, do you still have the sim ferret?  I searched and searched but I could never find it. Sad

I'm sure I do, it's just going to be on my other machine. I'll have to poke around and see if I can find it, transfer it to a portable drive, load portable drive to main machine, then upload to 4shared.

May take a while, as I'm knee-deep in commission work and school projects, but if you can't find it, I'll do it.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
behold_the_muse
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #34 on: 2007 July 21, 18:13:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Katy76 has not only drunkeness but pot you can smoke or eat- now available for toddlers! I think it gives a motive boost and platinum aspiration.
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #35 on: 2007 July 21, 19:12:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The pot object by katy on mts2 was a disaster for me. It threw errors the minute I popped it down on the lot, it flashed and disappeared when it felt like it, and then it got stuck so I had to use stuck object burnination box to kill it. Fortunately it was in my test hood.
There is another pot object out there, can't remember who makes it, but as far as I know its the only other one.  I'm pretty sure its on mts2 as well, but with all this pixelated pot I'm trying its hard to recall.  Anyway, that one didn't glitch or act funky but the drop the sims get in their hunger bar from smoking it could be lethal in about 10 to 20 sim minutes. It doesn't boost fun enough to be worth the whole death trap thing. Plus you have to grow it yourself from garden plots that can only be removed with moveobjects on. 

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #36 on: 2007 July 21, 23:19:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

May take a while, as I'm knee-deep in commission work and school projects, but if you can't find it, I'll do it.

There's no rush.  Do it when you have a bit of time.  Thanks! Smiley

And I found more info on the gorilla thing..
Surprise cake dancers:
Buy two cake dancing cakes. Then, hire a male cake dancer. Then, try to hire another male dancer with the other cake. The message "You've already hired that cake dancer!" will appear. Ignore this, and click "OK". Keep trying to hire another male cake dancer, and sooner or later you will either get the Tragic Clown or Elvis. The same can be done with hiring two females, but you will get someone in a pink gorilla suit.
Information in this section was contributed by Coolgamer167.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: 2007 July 23, 01:22:02 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oh my God! I forgot how cool parties could be in the Sims1. The stripper cake? The other stuff? LMFAO! Oh Yeah! Good times; bad animations and guests; Death to all mimes…

Soylent sim- Yeah, a party isn't a party without being shitfaced if you are a biker like me, but that's not what I asked for, I asked for a compromise. I like your ideas concerning matching personality to booze intake, that way it would reflect real life a little better. But there is a limit what can be hacked so that's ok, I just wondered if I had missed a golden party opportunity.  I'm not keen on just text to make it more real, so I will go with what I have and remember with fondness the Sim1 parties that I was quite good at.   

A community lot only item sounds good and kid/ teen restrictions too (I'm a parent ok, do as I say not as I do until you leave and wash your own socks).  Tongue

"Sim-intoxication is something much more extensive than what is really practical to do. But you're welcome to settle for the half-assed approaches of the non-Awesome, if that's what you wish"

Hell, no-one wants half-assed awesomeness that's why we are here. If Stupid Maxis/EAgames are too scared to allow a Sim1 type party the so be it, but I think it was worth asking if there is/was a chance someone out here could make it an awesome possibility.

"As it stands, I do not think letting them get drunk on community lots and start flirting with everything in sight is a good plan."
If you were me you would see the beauty of this, I need a kick up the ass to make this game more interesting, and random flirting and marriage proposals (as has been mentioned ) sounds like a challenge to me, (says I with my Romance mod firmly in place...see what I mean?)   Grin

The Sims1; Game, a game barely alive…People we can re-build it, we have the technology, we have the capability to make the World's first believable game. The Sims2 will be that Game; better than it was before, better, stronger, faster, (cue Sims video and insert fantasy of choice here) cue dramatic closing music…

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
LynnMar
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #38 on: 2007 July 26, 03:00:32 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

No, not in sims 2, but yes I loved the parties in sims 1.  My sims were partying fools.  I had all the cool stuff.   The cake with the strippers and the pink gorilla.   The party favor bowls,  and a hack that made them stay all nite.  They would all be dancing and one would be playing the guitar.

And then some would get into the party favors and pass out .  And upstairs I had another party going on with the preachers pulpit.  I loved that thing too.  They would all boo the preacher if his charisma skill was low but if a sim with high charisma would preach they would all clap and pray. 

Then sometimes during the party I would call up SimWardrobes, dial a slap and the bear or gorilla would come running in and slap somebody and they would start cying.   rofl    or I would get out the little voodoo doll and make one sim stick pins in another and they would run in and slap the sims who used the doll on them.   Yes, those were the days.   Grin

In sims 2, nobody can get along with anybody else long enough to have some real fun.  Angry
Pages: 1 [2] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: