More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 27, 04:11:40

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6513 Members
Latest Member: Linnie
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Will real parties ever be possible?
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Will real parties ever be possible?  (Read 16574 times)
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
Will real parties ever be possible?
« on: 2007 July 16, 19:43:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have a question, I know you guys generally fix things and I could go to non-awesome site but his one is the best so I'm guessing I will get an answer instead of a- "I don't know, maybe you should try Maty?"

For a long time I've been playing nightclubs and finally I'm fed-up with the fighting and bitching and LACK of alcohol. It would make more sense if their obnoxious behaviour could be put down to a couple of beers, but juice? (Or maybe it's the prohibition that pisses them off who knows?).

So my question is how does the bar affect the drinking Sims if at all? A long time ago I read in thread elsewhere that someone had moused over the picture while her Sim was at the bar and the message read "getting drunk". But no matter how many times I try this or how long they sit there all I get is "having a drink" and a desperate need to run to the bathroom.

If the answer is, it has no affect at all, can that be changed? I'm not talking about falling down lashed, although that would be funny to watch; I just think it would make more sense and be more realistic if they at least attempted to flirt or something after a couple of drinks at the bar.
Oh while I think of it, does the champagne (used for toasting and parties) have any effect, after all that is alcohol? I always forget about it but I'm hoping someone may use it and have an insight into its effects.

Thanks.

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Sagana
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
Re: Will real parties ever be possible?
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 16, 22:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So far as I know, none of the drinks (juice or champagne) that came with the game do anything except what's obvious - decrease bladder, increase fun or whatever.

I have some hacks that allow me to serve beer, wine, wine coolers and the like, instead but I don't think any of them really do anything either - just change the mesh to something besides juice. Sorry but if I'm gonna have an alkie in the game (and some of my sims are just that way), I want it not to be on the same thing their kids drink.

There is this beer keg that has drunk actions and animations, if you aren't already aware of it:

http://www.modthesims2.com/showthread.php?t=200435

That's the only one I know about though, and it's only good for some places.

Unsouper
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

INTP: pensive analytical skeptic.

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 16, 23:49:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

There's another keg from SimSlice available in booty:  http://paysites.mustbedestroyed.org/booty/simslice/objects/
I enjoy this keg but some people have had some bad experiences with this, apparently.  I think I've heard people saying they saw their sims trying to flirt with siblings/parents/etc when drunk.  I haven't seen this but I really only use the keg in lots with singles as I don't think a keg is really something that sims with children would keep around the house.

A queue is a line. A cue is a pool stick or a hint or guiding suggestion.
MyPrecious
Blathering Buffoon

"And we don't want any of that nonsense, do we?"

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 17, 01:17:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks to both of you for your replies.

I guessed that there was nothing connected to the bar that could change behaviour, however small. I think I will give the beer keg at Simslice  a miss, a I don't fancy any horrendous parent/sibling interactions.  Sad

The MTS2 link sounds interesting and thanks for the info.

I guess I miss the bar the Sims1 had, they would have a drink and hiccup, harmless but it made me smile anyway…I don't have any Sims in my game that would take to drink for any reason, (they are nearly all knowledge Sims on the main neighbourhood with a few family Sims to annoy me) I play too restrained for that…damn! I have a few Romance Sims living on a Nightlife NH that could be excused a beer or two considering their hectic lifestyle…

It's odd that we have the power to torment and kill but not to down a couple of beers and giggle and flirt? I know real life is a lot different but this is nothing more than a game and booze and humans (along with a lot of other mammals) have a history with the ripe fruit. A little giggling and flirting and maybe singing would be a lot of fun. (As it is a game the power to annihilate the larger lout through code would be welcome.) 

Thanks again for the links and information.  Grin

A definition of loafing is; when you can't be bothered to open the curtains so you click the Glastonbury festival web cam to check the weather…

O môr henion i dhû:
Warge
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 17, 02:40:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Thanks again for the links and information.  Grin

x2. I've kind of needed this... And I need a drink as well...

About Sven-Göran Eriksson:
The press were on his back because a) he's foreign, b bad news/slaggin someone off sells papers and c) he can pull fitter birds than those alcoholic gobshite fleetstreet hacks could dream about
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 17, 07:05:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I think the problem with such a thing is that either nobody touches it, or everyone immediately turns into a lush on sight of such a thing. It'd get quite annoying. Perhaps if there was an addiction token, but then you'd need a ton of other links to drunkenness, and animations, and it'd just be a huge thing. Sim-intoxication is something much more extensive than what is really practical to do. But you're welcome to settle for the half-assed approaches of the non-Awesome, if that's what you wish.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
BastDawn
Retarded Reprobate

I'll stop by to read Awesomeland once in a while.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 17, 08:12:15 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It wouldn't be too bad as a community lot-only item; that way, you wouldn't have to deal with sims getting drunk at home, they'd do it at the bar and take the taxi home... or drive home drunk... might be interesting if that resulted in the cop showing up to give your sim a hefty fine.

J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 17, 08:29:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'm pretty sure that would make it worse. At least if were home-only, the potential pool would be restricted. As it stands, I do not think letting them get drunk on community lots and start flirting with everything in sight is a good plan.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
MutantBunny
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 17, 15:42:08 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Parties aren't fun. They're work not fun as Maxis made them. Why didn't they make it so they were fun? Stupid Maxis.

Simslice beer 6pack was almost fun: the sim keeps going for a beer until they 'get dizzy' and pass out. The 'dizzy' part tho was awful. The camera was made to spin around the sim and it goeson for ever and it generalluy sucked. I haven't tried the keg but I would guess it works just like the pack.

I haven't tried the MTS2 keg either.

It would be great if the beer  made them want to drink (like the simslice beer pack does), not pee too often as that just gets irratating (in real life too!), and made them start flirting and having fun--but the flirting and having fun should be applied as a multiplier to whatever their personaility points are. ie-- a shy sim would get a bit braver and playful, but an outgoing sim would get way brave and wolf whistle at everyone and dance like crazy etc. It would be nice if that multiplier ramdomized now. Grouchy sims could be 'mean drunks' get angry and start fights--but that should be randomized too a bit. Drinking more beers would eventually lead to passing out.

The same type of thing should be used for other parties--like maybe drinking punch at a birthday parties makes the sims more playful. There are lots of good play animations to tap into. Why didn't Maxis DO this??
 But, face it: Maxis will NEVER make anything like real parties...
missangelica
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 17, 18:11:56 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Heck, they turned the original keg they made into a pineapple because before it looked too much like a real keg!  EA will never do real parties..

I like the original better.  I wonder if it's lurking in the game files somewhere..
Baronetess
vcline
Dimwitted Dunce

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 17, 18:33:12 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

What are those green and orange things on the floor next to the keg? I never really looked at them before.
Li'l Brudder
The Quitter
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 17, 18:43:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oranges and Spinach.
Flamingo
Lipless Loser

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 17, 18:59:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Oranges and Spinach.

Bahahaha, you mean apples, of course?
Thanatos
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 17, 20:38:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Actually I have noticed that when sims use the bar in the house, their facial expressions seem to change and they talk in a more animated manner. Well that , and the fact they can't seem to leave the drinks bar for minute even neglecting other things, seems like alchohol to me.  Grin
Soylent Sim
Exasperating Eyesore

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 17, 21:51:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

So a party is only a party if you're shitfaced?

I wonder how easy it would be to rig bars so that a sim who has a drink treats their relationships with everyone else as a few points higher or lower than they actually are.  This would cause sims who were either too friendly, too sullen, or occasionally two sims drink and get along better than they would have otherwise.  Anything more than that would be either hacked together like the above mentioned kegs, or else way more overhead than is practical to ask of a modder.

If the Maxian slang of "juice" bothers you so much, text hacks are also relatively simple.  The wink-and-nod euphemism never really upset my suspension of disbelief, but if "juice" and "bubble blowers" feel more out of place than spin-changes and the reanimated dead, at least that little bit is easy to change.
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 17, 22:08:37 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I seem to recall (but this might have been TS1) thta while sitting at a bar drinking juice, you could flirt with other sims as long as the cup was in your hand, or other drunken interactions.

INFP or something
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 18, 04:18:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Is it juice in the British version, or only in the American? I know in the German version it is Schnaps, etc.

What gets me is that if it is only a "juice" bar, kids and teens should be able to use it!

I miss the parties in TS1. And the party objects. House Party was so awesome. And you weren't limited by a stupid party score from doing interesting things- you just had to make sure everyone's needs were up! So there was a point to dancing, the hot tub, etc. Plus, since the game could handle more sims, you could have really wild parties.

Zeljka
Knuckleheaded Knob

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 18, 06:39:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

yes, the parties in the Sims 1 were a lot of fun (until Drew Carey showed up and cleared the room)

and I still miss the bowls of party treats from SimSlice. I don't think they even added anything new, just used needs drops, and one sided (perceived) relationship rises, stuff that was already in the game, resulting in pants wetting, random flirting/marriage proposals to perfect strangers, passing out on the spot (and that sim being mad at you for 'drugging him')

good times... Cheesy

Remember first that the greatest inequality is to treat unequal things equally
Gamblor
Blathering Buffoon

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 18, 08:27:59 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

(until Drew Carey showed up and cleared the room)

LOL!!! Forgot about that one.

A Sims Nightmare!
kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 18, 15:06:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I never did get a good party in house party... I had that moose and it was always dooping. Sometimes that damned mime showed up. Never could figure it out: I served food, put on music, stuck someone in a hottub to invite others in, sometimes pulled out the costume trunk, but never any luck. however, they WOULD pass out on my floor and spend the entire next day sleeping. Freeloaders.

INFP or something
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 18, 20:54:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember the stripper that popped out of the cake?  That was the best part of ts1 parties, IMO.  The stripper would inevidibly flirt with someone inappropriate and fighting would begin...ah, good times.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 19, 00:49:52 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Remember the stripper that popped out of the cake?  That was the best part of ts1 parties, IMO.  The stripper would inevidibly flirt with someone inappropriate and fighting would begin...ah, good times.

Ah, yes, and there was that weird monkey chick stripper you'd get sometimes... was it a monkey?

INFP or something
Invisigoth
Peedrinker
Malodorous Moron

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 19, 01:45:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My memory must be fuzzy, I don't recall ever getting a monkey looking stripper.  I always got a pretty one in a little black teddy type outfit.  But it was so long ago now...
Ah, simpler days when sim children were pointless and creepy.

kuronue
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 19, 03:33:49 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My memory must be fuzzy, I don't recall ever getting a monkey looking stripper.  I always got a pretty one in a little black teddy type outfit.  But it was so long ago now...

There were 3 strippers: a male, a female, and if you had one of each on the lot already there was a furry one.

INFP or something
Bangelnuts
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: 2007 July 19, 06:49:00 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

My parties were always a disaster in sims1 I ended up with the stupid mime more times than I can count Cheesy

I have joined the ranks of many herre and have been banned from Brynnes forum.I must say the pleasure is all mine in having been banned from there .Self absorbed bragging is tiring  after awhile.
Pages: [1] 2 Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: