More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 23, 10:18:08

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Maxis Broke the Pescado Beard in Black
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Maxis Broke the Pescado Beard in Black  (Read 10019 times)
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
Maxis Broke the Pescado Beard in Black
« on: 2007 July 16, 07:52:51 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I mentioned in another thread that I lost my Maxis thickest beard in black, and assumed that I had facial hair that have overwritten its GUID. I was wrong.

After doing a binary search and finding the problem still existed, I loaded in the game without any CC. (I wish now I had done that first!) The problem still exists and I can only assume that Maxis broke it with Seasons or one of the patches.

This problem occurs both in body shop and CAS. If you make a male Sim with black hair and go into the beard section, there are 9 beards available. Change his hair color to any other color, and there are 10 beards. If you place the full beard on the Sim while you are in any of the other colors, and then switch the Sim's hair to black, the beard actually turns black. But it is missing entirely from the beards in the black section. So I can still create a CAS Sim with this beard by doing the color switch, but there is no way that I can take an in-game Sim to a mirror and apply this beard if he has black hair.

ETA: I went back into the clean game for a few more tests. The beard problem is the same both for CAS adults and Uni CAS YAs. Also, when you create a Sim with this beard in ANY of the colors, and then age them to elder in CAS, the hair turns gray while the beard remains its original color.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 16, 08:26:49 by magicmoon » Logged

Running: Sims2, University, Nightlife, OFB, Pets, Seasons, BV, FT and AL
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
Re: Maxis Broke the Pescado Beard in Black
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 16, 13:46:25 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sounds like the pirate hat syndrome. the male pirate hat, even if enabled, does not show up.

Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 16, 17:39:57 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said, "even if enabled". I take it that it was a hidden hat? The beard in question has been there since the base game and worked correctly before.

Gwill
Terrible Twerp

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 16, 20:11:40 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I used to have problems with the Alien eyes for teens not showing up in debug mode.  Haven't checked in a while though.
For the record; I'm also missing the black maxis full beard.

Dibs on Darth Telligent!
INTJ bordering on P
Want to know where babies come from?
NixRMax
Asinine Airhead

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: 2007 July 16, 20:24:55 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As am I. Currently It's not much of a problem...I rarely use it, only my Mayor Sim is using it, but it's annoying when things go missing.

I shall not go gentle into that good night...
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: 2007 July 16, 21:32:16 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If you place the full beard on the Sim while you are in any of the other colors, and then switch the Sim's hair to black, the beard actually turns black. But it is missing entirely from the beards in the black section. So I can still create a CAS Sim with this beard by doing the color switch, but there is no way that I can take an in-game Sim to a mirror and apply this beard if he has black hair.
You can use the same trick (change the beard color to say blond, put on the "pescado" beard, change beard color to black and the beard turn black, even if it is missing from the selection choice). You need to change the beard collor not the hair color...
Ellatrue
Terrible Twerp

ENFP, by popular request.

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: 2007 July 18, 04:38:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

It seems they screwed up a lot of these things in seasons, that they shouldn't have been messing with in the first place to make the EP. Like the green "Lotipsoh" floor which they managed to turn beige (since fixed in the patch).

Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: 2007 July 18, 08:30:04 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I've never noticed this before & I just tested it to see - but - all of the beards are showing up for me with Seasons.

Which beard is it? I also just looked for the fix but i can't find that either:/ <having a bad hair day!>
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: 2007 July 18, 09:53:07 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Have you seen pics of Sim Pescado around the site? It is the beard that is on that Sim, the fullest Beard that Maxis has (not counting the Santa beard that came in a stuff pack). How many beards do you see? How many are in the black section? Only the black full beard is missing. It's there for the other colors.

I looked around for a fix and I didn't even find anyone else reporting the problem. But I remember when I complained about the elevators in dorms causing problems. Everyone thought it was just me. Then a couple of weeks later I found a fix for it. Hopefully someone will see the problem in their game and provide a fix. I did report it on the Maxis bug form, but since others aren't reporting it in mass, I doubt that they will even TEST the problem, much less fix it.

pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: 2007 July 18, 09:59:45 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the problem in my game also, you're not alone...
If I have time, I'll take a look, and maybe I can fix it if it is something easy like the toddler hair problem (seasons also). If it is too complicated I'll have to wait for someone more awesome than me to fix it.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: 2007 July 18, 11:22:42 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

That would be great! I know how to color bin hair, but I've never extracted anything from the game and wouldn't have the slightest idea of how to fix the problem, assuming that I could even find what the problem was.

But now I have to search the site for the toddler hair fix, as I must have missed it, since I don't even know which hair was screwed up.

The part I can't figure out is how they managed to screw up facial hair when no new beards were added to the game. But then I also can't figure out how they screwed up the infants when as far as I can see, nothing with infants has even changed. It's not like you can change them into outerwear or anything.

ETA: Found it. I put it in the game as I was installing Seasons so I never did see the screw-up. Works great. Nice job.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 18, 12:05:38 by magicmoon » Logged

SinfullyLiz
Dimwitted Dunce

INFJ - beware the butter-eating Jews.

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: 2007 July 18, 14:00:50 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

But then I also can't figure out how they screwed up the infants when as far as I can see, nothing with infants has even changed. It's not like you can change them into outerwear or anything.
I read that with the implication that the babies themselves would become the outerwear.  Cheesy
Zazazu
Fuzzy Pumpkin
Whiny Wussy

Potiron flou

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: 2007 July 18, 17:11:24 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's supposed to have black hair? Gah. I just switched him from blond to dark brown, no beard just yet, when he turned teen due to the fact that he went bald on transition.

Capitalism, Ho!
"Continue to beat it in masturbatory ecstasy if you like, but only Pescado can make it go away." - Lemmiwinks
My Urinal
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: 2007 July 18, 17:54:28 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have no idea what color hair Pescado should have if he were de-aged. I'm just remarking that the particular beard that his Sim is wearing is borked in the black color. I figured many people have seen that pic and would know which beard it was that I was talking about if I used that as my example.

I guess I should take some screen shots next time I'm in the game.

phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: 2007 July 18, 18:07:36 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The adult Pescado I once downloaded from this link had brown hair, as I recall.  Seems like there used to be pictures up in that thread, but they seem to be gone.

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: 2007 July 18, 19:09:46 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

If I understand correctly, she is not disputing SimPes' haircolour, which is grey or brown depending on which Pes you have at which age, but noting that the Pes Sim is wearing a brown beard of a particular style that does not show up when she wants the same beard on a new Sim, not in black, blonde, grey, or red, but in black.

IOW, the Pescado Sim-style Beard -- in the colour black -- is broken. The black version of the beard is PHAIL.

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
phyllis_p
Stupid Schlemiel

ISFJ - a tasty phyllis snack?

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: 2007 July 18, 19:21:53 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

He's supposed to have black hair? Gah. I just switched him from blond to dark brown, no beard just yet, when he turned teen due to the fact that he went bald on transition.

Sorry about that, Lorelei -- I was unclear  Smiley  I was answering Zazazu (quoted), who was wondering about the color (for her Monopoly neighborhood).  I got the part about the black Pescado-style beard being borked  Wink

Vita brevis, Ars longa.                

"And so goest thy butthurt n00bs whosoever cannot have accolades and benes heaped upon them, as in the manner of vomit from a sorority girl, to which they are accustomed." lemmiwinks 1:1
Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: 2007 July 19, 01:36:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

magicmoon,

Test this out & see if it fixes it for you. For some reason the black beard already shows up for me so I don;t know if this will work or not. If it does I'll delete it & post the fix in Peasantry - but - let me know, ok?

* amfacefullbeard_fix.zip (0.52 KB - downloaded 169 times.)
Baronetess
Lorelei
Grammar Police

I like pie. A cake is fine, too.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 2007 July 19, 07:35:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry about that, Lorelei -- I was unclear  Smiley  I was answering Zazazu (quoted), who was wondering about the color (for her Monopoly neighborhood).  I got the part about the black Pescado-style beard being borked  Wink

No, no, my fault; I was doing six things at once, skimmed the thread in a hurry, and misinterpreted the question being asked! Oops!

Super INTJ.    MATY's Big Cat.    LOLcult.   Pescado: Like the ancient Egyptians, the Internet worships cats.
Magicmoon
Querulous Quidnunc

View Profile
« Reply #19 on: 2007 July 19, 09:42:20 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Morague,

Thank you so much. I tested this in a clean game. The beard in black is now showing up for both Adults and YAs, although it has the custom * icon.

The problem remains however, that when the Sim is aged to adult, the beard remains the same color. You get gray hair with a red beard, for example. This happens with all 4 of the beard colors. Actually, in my testing, I could get the beard to occasionally turn gray. (about 1 out of 10 times) but then when I de-aged the Sim back to adult, the beard remained gray and just the hair color would change. All of the other beards properly turn gray when the Sim is aged, and revert back to their original color when de-aged back to adult.

When I color bin hair, I found that all 4 colors plus gray have to have the same GUID for it to work properly when the Sim ages, as well as remain the same style when switching to a different color. Is it possible that they messed that up somehow and it is no longer familied properly? I've downloaded some pretty messed up hairstyles before but have never seen anything behave non-consistently like this.

At any rate, if you don't want to do any more work on this, we at least have our black beard back.  Grin However I suspect that when the Sim turns elder we will have to go to a mirror to get the beard to be gray. I haven't tested that part yet, all these tests so far were done in CAS.

Thank you for working on this problem, especially since you don't have the problem in your own game. Which reminds me, I'd like to know the difference between those who are having the beard problem and those who don't. Do the people who don't have the beard problem have some sort of stuff packs installed? Or are they the European versions? I have only the EPs. My signature is currently correct, and I am using the American version.

Morague
Corpulent Cretin

View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 2007 July 19, 12:00:23 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I'll have another look at this to see if I can figure out the grey thng. As far as what I installed - LOL - I have everything except the Life Stories, so all EPs & Stuff Packs, so maybe it's one of the stuff packs. i also have installed all of the patches. Weird - at any rate I'll see what I can figure out. thanks for testing it Smiley
Fat D
Horrible Halfwit

View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 2007 July 22, 11:11:30 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

You said, "even if enabled". I take it that it was a hidden hat? The beard in question has been there since the base game and worked correctly before.

Yeah, it's hidden, but when modified not to be hidden, it still doesn't show up.

Stupid EAxis...

Baronetess
TaWanda
Nitwitted Nuisance

stolen from obsessiveicons@livejournal

View Profile
« Reply #22 on: 2007 July 22, 14:39:48 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

I have the black beard, I have Seasons, I have no patches for Pets or Seasons. Amazing how Maxis gives with one hand while they take away with another when they do patches.
pioupiou
Irritating Ignoramus

View Profile
« Reply #23 on: 2007 July 23, 09:54:27 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

Sorry to derail (a little) your thread Magicmoon, but i would like to take advantage of Morague being here to raise another problem I have. I already brought it up once, some months ago, and nobody seemed to have a solution (I mostly discussed it with Theo). I'm here hoping maybe Morague would have an idea since s/he solved the beard problem...
Since installing Glamour or Family Fun Stuff (I can't remember when exactly) I have a problem with one of the cap that comes with OFB : the plain black one for female. Since adding the stuff packs, it no longer is plain black : it shows the white logo, exactly like the cap that is in the base game. It annoys me greatly....
I tried to look at it (I can solve basic problems like the seasons toddler hairs being badly colorbinned) but don't see why suddenly they use the wrong texture. Nothing changed upon installation of Pets, Celebrations, Seasons, H&M... The cap refuses to be plain black....
Any help appreciated;
Thanks, Pioupiou

PS : while writing this message, I took a look to the cap in bodyshop and I also discoverd that it has problems upon age changes : it reverses to the red cap with hot dogs when aging a adult to elder, a adult to teen or a teen to adult...., elder to teen seems fine and adult to YA seems fine too.
The male version is fine (plain black, no logo) except it also reverses to the red one with hot dogs unpon adult to elder transition (no problem for the elder to adult transition). I think there's something wrong with the family number maybe ??

ETA : regarding Morague's fix for the beard, adding the lines version and product gets rid of the asterisk.
« Last Edit: 2007 July 24, 07:49:37 by pioupiou » Logged
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: