More Awesome Than You!
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
2024 April 19, 18:36:01

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
540270 Posts in 18066 Topics by 6512 Members
Latest Member: jennXjenn
* Home Help Search Login Register
+  More Awesome Than You!
|-+  TS2: Burnination
| |-+  The Podium
| | |-+  Stupid H&M Cash Register
0 Members and 1 Chinese Bot are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] THANKS THIS IS GREAT Print
Author Topic: Stupid H&M Cash Register  (Read 4239 times)
Lord Darcy
Obtuse Oaf

The owls are not what they seem.

View Profile WWW
Stupid H&M Cash Register
« on: 2007 July 15, 16:58:43 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new cash register that came with H&M stuff pack has an annoying bug concerning OFB business.

I always put two cash registers on the owned business lots. I assign a cashier to only one of them, leaving the other one unmanned for backup use. When checkout line becomes too long, I temporarily assign one of my playables to backup register.

Now, when there are more than two cash registers on the lot, but only one of them manned, customers are supposed to go to the manned one automatically. Not with this new H&M cash register, however. Customers stupidly line up in front of unmanned register, dropping their stars like flies. Apparently EAxis did not take OFB business into account when they made the object, as cash registers are always manned by spawned NPCs in the base game.

Any way to fix this stupidity, so that customers properly line up in front of manned register?

« Last Edit: 2008 April 03, 15:41:51 by Lord Darcy » Logged

Giggy
Stupid Schlemiel

ISTJ

View Profile
Re: Stupid H&M Cash Register
« Reply #1 on: 2007 July 15, 20:22:38 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

sorry but stick to one cash register per business, customers tend to get confused as to which cash register to use and it's an ongoing problem

<Annan> Kofi is such an ass. She never responds when I try to be nice.

*Ella whine*
<Kiki> of course I give you shit...I can't stand you. I think you're an abortion 23 years too late.
Ambular
Cheese Nazi
Stupid Schlemiel

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: 2007 July 15, 22:29:06 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

The new cash register that came with H&M stuff pack has an annoying bug concerning OFB business.

I always put two cash registers on the owned business lots. I assign a cashier to only one of them, leaving the other one unmanned for backup use. When checkout line becomes too long, I temporarily assign one of my playables to backup register.

Now, when there are more than two cash registers on the lot, but only one of them manned, customers are supposed to go to the manned one automatically. Not with this new H&M cash register, however. Customers stupidly line up in front of unmanned register, dropping their stars like flies. Apparently EAxis did not take OFB business into account when they made the object, as cash registers are always manned by spawned NPCs in the base game.

Any way to fix this stupidity, so that customers properly line up in front of manned register?

First thing that comes to mind is to clone one of the cash registers from an OFB install and swap in the mesh from the H&M pack, unless they differ significantly in more than shape and this one annoying behavior...

Nihil curo de ista tua stulta superstitione.
My Sims 2 Stuff @  MTS | Populate My City
J. M. Pescado
Fat Obstreperous Jerk
El Presidente

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: 2007 July 16, 02:05:17 »
THANKS THIS IS GREAT

As far as I know, cash registers don't have any locally specific code, all cash register codes are semiglobal. So something is likely wrong with your specific cash register, not the cash register in general. Delete that cash register and replace it? Why *IS* your cashier just standing there blankly, anyway? Normally Be Cashier will move to the one with the line.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I cannot accept, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off.
Pages: [1] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: